Do us all a favor.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do us all a favor....

I think you are entitled to start a thread with your OPINION that the front office had a good draft. I think someone else is entiled to start a thread with their OPINION that the front office did a bad job.

I'll read them both and pay attention to the ones from people that have some decent ideas and analysis and ignore the others.

That's what message boards are about. Don't read what you don't like.

Though, I tend to agree with your opinion here. I think the front office did alright. Let's hope they are right about Carey. We need him.

It's actually all about a tribute to my favorite TV character of all time: Jimmy James from Newsradio. My name is really nowhere near Jimmy or James. The sig is a quote from the show. Don't let that stop the ribbing, though. You have to amuse yourself just like the rest of us do. :tongue:

I'm not saying that everything sucks. What I'm saying is that I think there is a middle ground between everything sucks and the team has my complete faith (though I wish they would earn my complete faith). I like to make up my own mind with the best information. If I'm wrong, I'm man enough to be able to say that I'm wrong in hindsight. I did so with Griese last year after I said I dreaded him and he did an okay job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right Dolfinatic, I just now read your post and I agree with it. It is along the same lines of what I'm trying to say here. I started reading that thread and a few posts into it I got frustrated and started this one, so thats why I didn't read your post originally.

midwest_phinfan said:
Your right Dolfinatic, I just now read your post and I agree with it. It is along the same lines of what I'm trying to say here. I started reading that thread and a few posts into it I got frustrated and started this one, so thats why I didn't read your post originally.

ok great minds think alike ;)

Hey Dude...who the heck are you?? You come here on a fan forum and tell people not to post their opinion? Then you have the nuggets to say because your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong?

This is a free land and this is why forums exist. If you don't like it then go to the Teletubbies forum.

And to speak to your response, you do your homework. We have three very good corners on the team and we have a severe lack of depth at DT, LB, and WR.

My post "Front office woes conitinue" also speaks to the fact that we have been out manuvered by our competition for Free Agents and in the draft.

Sorry, but I am going nowhere and unitl this team starts acting like a professional organization then I am not going to let up.

PhinKev said:
I think you are entitled to start a thread with your OPINION that the front office had a good draft. I think someone else is entiled to start a thread with their OPINION that the front office did a bad job.

I'll read them both and pay attention to the ones from people that have some decent ideas and analysis and ignore the others.

That's what message boards are about. Don't read what you don't like.

Though, I tend to agree with your opinion here. I think the front office did alright. Let's hope they are right about Carey. We need him.

Brilliantly said. A great example for everyone to follow.

I liked Midwest's post alot. Makes perfect sense. Since the Fins are always a Winning Team, I don't understand alot of the bad mouthing. Be a Fan or get lost. I've followed the Fins for 34 years, and I follow a winner... I'm not a GM or a Coach, but I'm not retarded enough to second guess what they do. Thats why we are typing here and not making the decisions that all the genious want-to-be's think they actually know what the heck is going on. All the real fans are great!!!

GREAT post Midwest....
Very good points made.
I believe in RS, and he's done a fine job so far...
This team is much more solid top to bottom than last year (and we were 10-6 last year!).

Gary Miles said:
I liked Midwest's post alot. Makes perfect sense. Since the Fins are always a Winning Team, I don't understand alot of the bad mouthing. Be a Fan or get lost. I've followed the Fins for 34 years, and I follow a winner... I'm not a GM or a Coach, but I'm not retarded enough to second guess what they do. Thats why we are typing here and not making the decisions that all the genious want-to-be's think they actually know what the heck is going on. All the real fans are great!!!

Second guessing this or any other sports team is not "retarded". Making such a blanket statement raises serious questions about how seriously we should take you, though.

We are fans. We just choose to use that muscle between our ears to think about what is being done before we choose whether or not to support it. If you can't accept that, I predict your time here is going to be rather bumpy.

I believe that Rick did a fine job witht the picks he had. The draft is a crap shoot and we rolled a 7. I agree you should be able to post anything on this forum you please if you feel it is the case. I do however feel you better be able to back your position up. It does look silly to make a statement or claim with no fact behind it. That is just a general statement to anyone. I like all the posts i read in here. Some are funny, some are silly,but all feed my need for football. I do not feel you are a bad fan if you disagree with something the team does. It does suck if you never find anything good to say though.We all love the fins so we need to stick together and support the team.Dolfanreal69

Jimmy James said:
Second guessing this or any other sports team is not "retarded". Making such a blanket statement raises serious questions about how seriously we should take you, though.

We are fans. We just choose to use that muscle between our ears to think about what is being done before we choose whether or not to support it. If you can't accept that, I predict your time here is going to be rather bumpy.
Although we squared off yesterday about the Carey pick, I still think your name is funny as hell. And second guessing is part of being a sports fan. Besides if all agreed all the time how fun would that be?

pigskinguy,

Thanks for the note and the compliment on the name. I agree that it wouldn't be fun if we all agreed all the time.

I know yesterday could be described as tense, but one great thing about me is that I have a short memory when it comes to holding grudges. You can rip me in one thread and discuss something calmly with me in another, and I'm not going to take the one controversy out on the other situation. In the end, the arguments that erupt are all a part of the fun in my book.

Exactly.......isn't that what being a fan is all about. Remember Fan is short Fanatic.
I think MOST people on this board can have a heated discussion about a subject and not hold a grudge. Glad to see you are one of them.
Haven't been on here long, but I love it so far.

I never said people shouldn't post on here, you actually are making my argument for me fin-atic. If you read my first post I say that people shouldn't post on a topic unless they have done their research and have enough intelliegence on the subject to have an opinion of any consequence. I like this forum because the majority of the posts on here are intelligent and even funny sometimes. It's not a bunch of fanboys who say "our team is the best because I said so." All I'm saying is don't waste any of our time by having us read mindless opinionated posts that have NO FACTUAL SUPPORT.

right on midwest!!!!
in my opinion, some trolls in this board have more faith in the phins than some supposed dolphin fans, which is sad. you don´t have to agree with everything the team does but if you think that everything the team does is wrong and you think that the team is stuck in mediocrity then go support a team that does everthing right like the patsies :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom