Do us all a favor.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do us all a favor....

midwest_phinfan said:
I never said people shouldn't post on here, you actually are making my argument for me fin-atic. If you read my first post I say that people shouldn't post on a topic unless they have done their research and have enough intelliegence on the subject to have an opinion of any consequence. I like this forum because the majority of the posts on here are intelligent and even funny sometimes. It's not a bunch of fanboys who say "our team is the best because I said so." All I'm saying is don't waste any of our time by having us read mindless opinionated posts that have NO FACTUAL SUPPORT.

My post have nothing but factual support. I have given my FACTS where are yours??

Its put up or shut up time. Here are mine again in case you lost track of them:

1. A QB who has only played 13 games since high school (8 college and 5 Pro) will have to leap from the 3rd storng of another team to be an impact player in the toughest division in football.

To be successful we will have to have:

2. A rookie OLineman will have to not only start, but be an impact player.
3. Seth McKinney will have to be effective when to date he has only been servicable.
4. Wade Smith will have to improve signifigantly from his rookie year when he showed he can play and he showed he can be beat. Which way will he go?
5. The Defense will have to get more conistant. Breaks down too many times at key points in the season.
6. Joe Collier who has never been an Offensive Coordinator, and who's resume only boasts being the Miami RB coach which had one fo the worst running teams in the NFL until RW arrived and does it mostly on his own.
7. We have gotten worse in each of the last four years.
8. We have now missed the playoffs two years in a row.

Let me here your facts...if you can find them. I am not talking about your far fecthed speculation that "Pape will be a 13 year starter and was the steal of the draft". That is BS specualtion, not fact.

Like I said..put up or shut up.

How have we gotten worse each of the past 4 years, last year we were 10-6, the previous year, 9-7. You do have valid points and I'm not saying everything will fall into place, the stars align, and we have the greatest year ever. I'm just saying I love the moves we've made thus far under speilman and this team will be a force next year. I don't want to be a fan of a team where the fans all feel sorry for themselves and the organization, and I get that feeling from some people, not necessarily you though.

fin-atic said:
My post have nothing but factual support. I have given my FACTS where are yours??

1. A QB who has only played 13 games since high school (8 college and 5 Pro) will have to leap from the 3rd storng of another team to be an impact player in the toughest division in football.

3. Seth McKinney will have to be effective when to date he has only been servicable.
4. Wade Smith will have to improve signifigantly from his rookie year when he showed he can play and he showed he can be beat. Which way will he go?
5. The Defense will have to get more conistant. Breaks down too many times at key points in the season.
6. Joe Collier who has never been an Offensive Coordinator, and who's resume only boasts being the Miami RB coach which had one fo the worst running teams in the NFL until RW arrived and does it mostly on his own.

Let me here your facts...if you can find them. I am not talking about your far fecthed speculation that "Pape will be a 13 year starter and was the steal of the draft". That is BS specualtion, not fact.

1. Feeley was a gamble, no doubt. I can live with that, it's a hit or miss situation. If he doesn't work out then we have Fiedler back, I guess you'd rather have him under center from day one.

2. Rookie Olineman can be impact players, look at Jordan Gross for Carolina last year, he started every game including the superbowl.

3. Watch tape of Mckinney last year, a lot of people don't know why this guy didn't start. Most likely because Wanstedt is faithful to veteran olinemen. McKinney will be solid for us this year, I'm very confident in that statement.

4. Wade Smith. Everything we've heard about this guy so far has been good in reference to his offseason. Granted he struggled last season at times but believe it or not he IS the future of this team at LT, the most important position on the line.

5. The D does have to be more consistent, you are absolutely right. My stomach was turning last year watching the Eagles game and all the missed tackles while my friend (an eagles fan) was jeering me. I feel they've made good steps to fixing it. We brought in playmakers and hard hitters (Antuan Edwards, Bua, Pope) and I think the attitude on the D will change this year.

6. Collier will be a new OC but I have full faith in him too. He has Mark Trestman behind him and he led the Raiders to the Super Bowl 2 years ago and one of the best offenses in the league. I had serious problems with some of Norv Turners calls the past 2 seasons, I think collier will be better than expected.

7. Look at their record.

8. That holy team from NE everyone creams their pants over didn't make the playoffs 2 years ago, a year inbetween superbowls. Hey, it happens. We've been spoiled by making the playoffs so many years in a row that when we don't make it for a year or 2 everyone panics.

I am a realist, show me on this board where I ever said Pape will be a 10 year pro bowl player, I never did. But the guy has potential an so do all these young guys on our team. The best thing about all our young linemen is that they should be light years ahead of where they were last year (Mckinney, Smith, James, Jerman, Whitely). Only experience will make you better, and they got some over the past year.
I do like flying under the radar for once, I hope everyone writes us off and thinks nothing of us. It will make it all the sweeter when we play lights out this year.

Hey lots of people have doubts about what is gonna happen this year. I do not think this team has gotten worse though. I feel it is more like we stayed the same in allot of ways. While other teams have gotten better in some areas. Here is an indicator. Last year we barely lost twice to the superbowl champs. To say that our team is not good is not to realistic. I agree some better coaching might just solve that problem. I just hope that Collier and tresman make this passing offense atleast respectable this yr. Dolfanreal69

midwest_phinfan said:
..and please do your research before you post a new thread. I just found this site a few months ago and I love it. I usually read every thread on here with an open mind but the past few days have me throughly frustrated. I really get the impression that a lot of you don't have a clue what your talking about. Recent groans heard on this site: "why'd we draft a corner back," "speilman doesn't have a clue," "where's our 3rd receiver."

Look, we need another cb cause right now we only have 3 established ones on our roster. We didn't get a receiver because we don't need one. Boston & Chamber are 2 solid receivers who both can be #1's in this offense. We're not gonna run many 3 receiver sets this year so all we need is a 3rd receiver and I'm sure one will emerge between Simmons, Davis, Tolver, Thompson, Newson, etc. We already have a log jam at WR with the possibility that one or 2 on our current roster won't even make the team, why get another one. It made little sense to draft a receiver when we had a glaring weakness on the oline. We drafted more lineman because they will all compete, make eachother better, and help this team in the end.

Now look, I know our draft didn't set the world on fire and realistically only half of these pics will be on the opening day roster. But what do you expect, we had the 20th pick, there's only so much we can do with that. People name the lions and falcons as having good drafts, but do you guys notice how these teams are always picking high because they suck every year.

From a 10-6 team we are returning, 10 of 11 starters on D, a stud RB, 2 stud WR, a stud TE and FB, and we upgraded our line significantly. There's a reason why the guys we let go still haven't signed with other teams, but still people dare say our line is equal or worse than last years edition. I can't understand why there is so much negativity surrounding this team, especially from the fans.

Amen brother. But this kind of talk happens every year around this time because of these so called expersts.

Yes, the Dolphins have improved, but so has every other AFC East team:

Bills: filled the void left by Peerless Price, have a "potentially" good qb waiting in the wings. Helped out their oline with Villarial signing, and McNally as coach. Gilbride and GW are gone(biggest improvement by far).

Jets: got a great CB and a great LB...also, they added McCareins in the offseason, and Cotchery through the draft, Pennington will most likely be healthy this year too.

Pats: just give them the trophy now...the only thing that can stop them is an injury to Brady, any other players on that team are replaceable. Losing Teddy W was "big", but they got Wilfork, so they'll be fine.

Hey, Dolphins very well might be the best team in the AFC East this year, but while they improved, so did their rivals...should be interesting

midwest_phinfan said:
..and please do your research before you post a new thread. I just found this site a few months ago and I love it. I usually read every thread on here with an open mind but the past few days have me throughly frustrated. I really get the impression that a lot of you don't have a clue what your talking about. Recent groans heard on this site: "why'd we draft a corner back," "speilman doesn't have a clue," "where's our 3rd receiver."

Look, we need another cb cause right now we only have 3 established ones on our roster. We didn't get a receiver because we don't need one. Boston & Chamber are 2 solid receivers who both can be #1's in this offense. We're not gonna run many 3 receiver sets this year so all we need is a 3rd receiver and I'm sure one will emerge between Simmons, Davis, Tolver, Thompson, Newson, etc. We already have a log jam at WR with the possibility that one or 2 on our current roster won't even make the team, why get another one. It made little sense to draft a receiver when we had a glaring weakness on the oline. We drafted more lineman because they will all compete, make eachother better, and help this team in the end.

Now look, I know our draft didn't set the world on fire and realistically only half of these pics will be on the opening day roster. But what do you expect, we had the 20th pick, there's only so much we can do with that. People name the lions and falcons as having good drafts, but do you guys notice how these teams are always picking high because they suck every year.

From a 10-6 team we are returning, 10 of 11 starters on D, a stud RB, 2 stud WR, a stud TE and FB, and we upgraded our line significantly. There's a reason why the guys we let go still haven't signed with other teams, but still people dare say our line is equal or worse than last years edition. I can't understand why there is so much negativity surrounding this team, especially from the fans.

Unfortunately, there are guys on this site that are never happy about anything and believe they're right about everything; lovely combination eh?

fin-atic said:

The draft could have been a lot worse. Take a look at the Buffalo Bills for the last two seasons - taking questionable players with injuries or guys they don't need. Our biggest weakness going into the offseason were QB and O-Line. Something has been done to change that. We need to be patient and give it time. Unless we're going to the "Run and shoot" offense, Boston, Chambers, and an average WR are adequate. We didn't need a WR or D-line. We have depth at those positions and will be fine. Also don't forget about the June 1 cap cuts. I know we'll get a DT then.

CirclingWagons said:
Yes, the Dolphins have improved, but so has every other AFC East team:

Bills: filled the void left by Peerless Price, have a "potentially" good qb waiting in the wings. Helped out their oline with Villarial signing, and McNally as coach. Gilbride and GW are gone(biggest improvement by far).

Jets: got a great CB and a great LB...also, they added McCareins in the offseason, and Cotchery through the draft, Pennington will most likely be healthy this year too.

Pats: just give them the trophy now...the only thing that can stop them is an injury to Brady, any other players on that team are replaceable. Losing Teddy W was "big", but they got Wilfork, so they'll be fine.

Hey, Dolphins very well might be the best team in the AFC East this year, but while they improved, so did their rivals...should be interesting

I agree that the Pats and Jets upgraded, but this is the 2nd consecutive year that Buffalo has made questionable picks. No way JP Losman starts this year. He's the next coming of Patrick Ramsey. :)

I hope that he's not the next coming of Ramsey because Ramsey is IMHO the next coming of Brett Favre. I see big things for PR, and I hate that we couldn't pry him away from the Redskins...

The jills and the yets do not impress me.As for the Pats we will beat them next year i am sure of it.Did everyone forget our schedule ? Even Chris Berman said our schedule should help us, the bufflao jill homer.Dolfanreal69

Back
Top Bottom