Do we have a better team this year or last year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we have a better team this year or last year?

we have a lot of questions, with few answers.

1.) will our WR core catch on and perform in the WCO?

2.) Will Reggie, Thomas, and a rookie all remain healthy, and perform in a WCO?

3.) Who will our QB be?

4.) with changes again to the secondary, will they gel and prevent the big plays that have doomed us in recent years?

5.) Can we solidify our Oline with the one training camp? I guess with other teams that usually isn't a concern, but with meatball in recent years, players failed to develope.

I think when all is said and done, we will be a better coached team. As I've said a bunch of times, Tony Sparano could get his team to play hard and he was a great motivator, but he (and his staff) were lacking in the X's and O's. We were not a fundamentally sound team, and we had a lot of mental lapses.

Starting the season with open QB competition and no Columbo makes us better than last year.

Oh yea, and a superior coach is sure to help as well. I liked Tony, but he was way over his head.

On paper they are slightly worse but I think they will play slightly better. Philbin hasn't proved anything as a HC and I still have no doubt that he will prove to be a very big upgrade over Tony Sparano, coaching will make a positive difference this year IMO.

Just having the OTA's and offseason conditioning program should make a difference, then add the enthusiasm of the 'new' regime and we should get a better start than last year(remember Vonte crying on the field in the first game). Then add the "mutt" schedule and the new talent at playmaker (hopefully) and things 'should' be better this year... but, that's why they play the game.

Back
Top Bottom