Do we keep Starks or Soliai? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we keep Starks or Soliai?

dolfin530

Student of the Game
Reaction score
Do we keep Starks or Soliai? Not based on opinion. I'm talking game tape. Which is better at pass rushing, which is better at run stopping. Thoughts?

If we stay with a 4-3 Starks is better suited. He is quicker, and is more versatile, fitting in with out 4-3 defense. Solai is strictly a run stopper, nose 3-4 guy. I go Starks but he's had issues with contract negotiations

If we stay with a 4-3 Starks is better suited. He is quicker, and is more versatile, fitting in with out 4-3 defense. Solai is strictly a run stopper, nose 3-4 guy. I go Starks but he's had issues with contract negotiations[/QUOTE
Jimlerario - Is there talk that we could be moving from a 4-3 Defense to a 3-4?

Starks and Odrick are very similar players. Starks is probably more expendable.

Its all about money. I would not overpay for either guy but in a 4-3 I think Starks is more important and overall a more talented player. Solai is better against the run and we sucked against the run so not sure he is worth premium based on that

With Coyle, it is unlikely, but not impossible. There's been talk that doin Jordan's skills cannot be utilized in a 4-3, and that he would thrive in a 3-4, which I highly agree. But if they are comfiterable with a 4-3 scheme, Starks is 100 percent the way to go. He thrives in a 4-3, and is ultimately useless in a 3-4, where he was an d end, considering he is older, and we already are stacked in the end position. Letting solai walk away from the 4-3 is favored. Why do you think we ran a hybrid? Cause our skill set fails to match a set scheme.

Similarity isn't necessarily bad, having two common position players simply could may you elite in the skills that each player are commonly acceptional at.

I'd try to keep them both. The three man rotation with Odrick is a strength of the team but there is little behind them so if at all possible keep them both.
The drop off in run defense was more due to the play at linebacker specifically Wheeler who made 100 tackles.
..... all 6 - 8 yards down field.

we definitely don't need to switch back to 3-4 just because Jordan may be better in it. He has never been elite in college and I doubt he would be elite in the pros just because we went 3-4

I'd try to keep them both. The three man rotation with Odrick is a strength of the team but there is little behind them so if at all possible keep them both.
The drop off in run defense was more due to the play at linebacker specifically Wheeler who made 100 tackles.

Still don't get how wheler gets the majority of the blame when Ellerbee was every bit as bad

It will be too expensive to keep both, but I would choose Soliai. Might be tough to keep him though since David Canter is an ass.

It will be too expensive to keep both, but I would choose Soliai. Might be tough to keep him though since David Canter is an ass.

Well he was somewhat fair on his last contract after making idiotic demands the previous year. Not sure he will have the market he thinks he will

Soliai! But I'm biased towards Polynesians.

Not likely to happen with Aponte running negotiations.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

I don't know that Canter is an ass as much as he doesn't like Aponte, which he most likely has good reason to feel that way.

Soliai, but I would let both play the market. There are some good DT's available that might be younger and better, ultimately.

Back
Top Bottom