Do we keep Starks or Soliai? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we keep Starks or Soliai?

Do we keep Starks or Soliai? Not based on opinion. I'm talking game tape. Which is better at pass rushing, which is better at run stopping. Thoughts?

i think we need to keep Both , and play Both at the same time side by side , look at what the seabirds did they had BIG PHYSICAL FAST GUYS ON THE LINE and didnt need to rush but 4 , even the LBers didnt have to rush , they romed free ,and thats what made the seabirds CBs /S look so much better ,if we can bring back both on a decent deal , we need to do it...

We'll end up keeping Soliai but overall Starks is the better and more effective player. I'd love to keep both, because our defense will take a noticeable step back if we lose one (which we probably will).

It sounds like Miami has roughly $30 million to spend. If they cut Moore and Patterson that would add about $9 million. I like both players, but I'd let them both go. Patterson is too injury-prone and Moore is not a real good fit for this offense. Philibin likes Devlin and I think he could be the backup or the team can draft a qb later in the draft.

With $39 million, the Dolphins could easily sign Starks, Soliai, Grimes and Clemens with enough money left over to get some FA help on the offensive line or perhaps get another shutdown corner. Then Miami could really concentrate on improving the offense in the draft.

This is the mistake that Wannsteadt made every year he was meddling with Speilman.

They have to draft the best possible player, at EVERY position or the team will never improve just get older.

I would draft the best players, try and bring in low dollar free agents and then let them duke it out in TC.

I've posted it here before though, I don't think either of those guys is worth that much money. I would not bend over backwards to sign either of those players to overpriced contracts

Need to keep both...Starks is better....Soliai is younger.

There's no reason to think we couldn't keep both. Here on Finheaven, we tend to think all of our players are worth huge free agent bucks, but I think both of these players would sign reasonable contracts with the Fins.

Actually Starks is about two weeks younger

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

There's no reason to think we couldn't keep both. Here on Finheaven, we tend to think all of our players are worth huge free agent bucks, but I think both of these players would sign reasonable contracts with the Fins.

You could be right. Hard to really figure their free agent value. I doubt any team gives them a long term contract.
3 years sounds about right

I could really care less if we keep either. I think Odrick is just as good as Starks and Soliai is only a 2 down player, he gives you nothing in passing situations. They like AJ Frances a lot so let him get snaps. I agree with Hayden that let both of them test the waters and if they want to stay in Miami they have to do it on Miami's terms.

I would rather see Miami spend free agent money on the offensive line and look at a DT in the first or second round, and bring in a second tier free agent vet. Heck, Tony McDaniel is scheduled to be a free agent, bring him back.

They are actually the same age - both are 30. Born 16 days apart. 12/14/83 vs 12/30/83. I don't think that the age difference is really all that significant LOL.

Then I looked back and saw that dlocks already found the age differential....

Easy answer is this....

If we stay a 4-3 D, you keep Starks.

If we switch to 3-4 D, you keep Soliai (FH rumors about switching to 3-4 which I don't believe, but do understand).

Now,

If we switch to 3-4, great. Soliai at NT, Odrick at LE, ........ at RE?

Obviously Dion Jordan would move to OLB with I'm guessing Ellerbe and Misi at ILB. Trick comes at other OLB. Wheller sucks (as we all know) and Wake is terrible as a TRUE OLB. If Wake is made an all time rush OLB maybe it would work, but then why even switch to a 3-4? Wake cannot play 3-4 DE either as he is WAY reliant on speed moves and has zero bull rush.

Basically, switch to 3-4 and Jordan shines at his "natural position" but Wake gets lost in the shuffle and the OLB/DE slot is a toss up.

I think Starks would cost us more, and might not even stay here at all. I'm pretty sure he hates Philbin. Didn't he give him the finger coming off the field?

If you're truly going 'Best Player Available', you see that a DT is the BPA when it's our turn to draft. I mean, I wouldn't pass up a future Vince Wilfork just cause we have Starks or Solai. We can always trade one of them, assuming one of them probably leaves in FA before the draft anyway.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I meant that a DT 'might be' the 'BPA' at our draft position.

Actually Starks is about two weeks younger

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

You could be right. Hard to really figure their free agent value. I doubt any team gives them a long term contract.
3 years sounds about right

No way? How? Starks was in the league for almost a whole contract before Soliai!!! Was it due to that mormon mission crap? In that case, I take Starks without question!!!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

They are actually the same age - both are 30. Born 16 days apart. 12/14/83 vs 12/30/83. I don't think that the age difference is really all that significant LOL.

Then I looked back and saw that dlocks already found the age differential....

Starks had been in league 3 more years...my mistake...screw Soliai in that case...

Back
Top Bottom