Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do we need to Draft Offensive Line high again?

I don't have a big drop off btw them. Creed has more experience. I had him at the top of the list last year. Just haven't seen anything different this
I'd prefer signing Karras mostly because that's a tough role for a rookie, especially with such a young group on the offensive line. But it's a two-way street. Karras may get a better offer elsewhere.

If that's the case, I might prefer Meyers in the late second to Humphreys in the first. Drake Johnson is a mid rounder who is getting some buzz, but I haven't seen him play.

Best case scenario Miami can look middle rounds for offensive line help and keep Karras on a short term contract.

If you want to have some fun go for Daniel Faalele as RT and Landon Dickerson at Center \ Guard and see a trail of bodies left in their wake.
Daniel Faalele is a very intriguing OT prospect.

He is massive and moves surprisingly well for such a giant.

But he would be a true project as there is no chance he is ready to play NFL OT right now.

One more thought here. The AFC East teams all have quality defensive lines. It's a staple of a Bill Bellichick team. The Jets are bad, but they have talent on the defensive line. The Bills have talent everywhere on defense.

So, it makes sense that Miami makes the offensive line a strong suit, especially with a quarterback in Tua whose major issue is injuries. Doesn't mean the Dolphins have to spend #1 picks every year, though. My hope is that they can find some talent in the middle rounds. But, yes I do think it should be a strong suit and still a focus.

Also, the center position is so interesting. I'd venture to say that very few rookie centers end up playing in the postseason their first season. Unless they are surrounded by a veteran line. That doesn't mean the Dolphins should automatically dismiss drafting a rookie, but I'd prefer Karras on a short-term contract with a rook behind him for a year or so.

I haven't read through the whole thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if we went hard after Thuney again.

Daniel Faalele is a very intriguing OT prospect.

He is massive and moves surprisingly well for such a giant.

But he would be a true project as there is no chance he is ready to play NFL OT right now.

He's not ready to play college OT right now either - hasn't played all season.

I would not complain if we invested one of our Top 3-4 picks into the OLine every year. Im old school in the belief that the games are ultimately won in the trenches. Even with quality starters, depth and long term stability is worth the investment.

I'd prefer signing Karras mostly because that's a tough role for a rookie, especially with such a young group on the offensive line. But it's a two-way street. Karras may get a better offer elsewhere.

If that's the case, I might prefer Meyers in the late second to Humphreys in the first. Drake Johnson is a mid rounder who is getting some buzz, but I haven't seen him play.

Best case scenario Miami can look middle rounds for offensive line help and keep Karras on a short term contract.
Again the whole thing is TK is not going to sign a short term contract. We already know this. He turned down more money already to show he is worth a long term contract. We need to operate right now under are we going to sign him to big long term money. Or draft a day one starting center. I don't want to sink money into TK. So give me a center high in the draft for that position, 2nd - 3rd round.

Again the whole thing is TK is not going to sign a short term contract. We already know this. He turned down more money already to show he is worth a long term contract. We need to operate right now under are we going to sign him to big long term money. Or draft a day one starting center. I don't want to sink money into TK. So give me a center high in the draft for that position, 2nd - 3rd round.
I can see that. Karras is decent, but there are a few who in the draft would eventually be upgrades.

He has played solid, no better than that.

With the Cap falling next year no team is giving him a long term big money deal.

He could not get one last off season coming off playing for a division champ in NE with the Cap at it's regular high number.

He has been good enough to bring back at the right price, but I have to think it would not be that hard to replace or upgrade at that spot.

Reactions: A1.
Over the last 3 weeks, the Offensive Line has regressed, due to the opposing defenses, running stunts and delayed blitzes Miami, hasn't been able to handle. Once these young kids learn to handle that better, things should hopefully improve. I'd not be surprised if another lineman or two were brought in via the draft or F/A.

The play of the offensive line has regressed. There's no way around that. I do think the rookies will improve, but I'd continue to add talent. I'm a firm believer that teams still win in the trenches.

The best case scenario would be to find talent in the middle rounds, but I think a lot will depend on what happens with Karras.
They don’t have their old man strength yet I said yet but I take bpa in draft

I'm worried about getting a rookie Center this year, just because we have 3 young guys already. There are a couple of good FAs like David Andrews and the Packers Corey Linsley. Plus Joe Thuney and Brandon Scherff at Guard.

So IOL in FA then draft a Right Tackle high. RT can then develop or play, knowing we have Jesse Davis there if needed.

I'm worried about getting a rookie Center this year, just because we have 3 young guys already. There are a couple of good FAs like David Andrews and the Packers Corey Linsley. Plus Joe Thuney and Brandon Scherff at Guard.

So IOL in FA then draft a Right Tackle high. RT can then develop or play, knowing we have Jesse Davis there if needed.
I just can't see us bringing in a FA Guard this year. The Flowers contract has to run at least one more year before we can cut/trade him because of cap considerations... Kindley looks like a winner... and I still think Hunt moves inside eventually.

I will agree that a FA Center is a possibility... I know that we put in a waiver claim on a center about a month ago... can't remember his name.

Back
Top Bottom