Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and adding a GM? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and adding a GM?

Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and getting a GM?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 47.0%

• Total voters
4 yes votes so far.....wonder if those are the same people who tried to convince us that we had a good draft after all.

YES. He may not be God, but he has put his team in position game after game to win it.

Texans....should have won
Patriots - home....should have won
Colts.....should have lost but could have one
Philly.....should have won

THE PLAYERS LOST THOSE 4 (count em) games. We should be 14-2 or even if you want to cut some slack....12-4 right now. THE PLAYERS HAVE NOT PERFORMED AND NO COACH WILL CHANGE THAT. He has made some mistakes as well but not being in the playoffs this year is more due to the players. Last year we would have won the AFC East with a 10-6 record (instead of....)....and you all would have been extremely happy! But now this record, this year, just isn't good enough and you think he should go?

As for everyone who continuall hates DW (I do not love him) how many great coaches are out there for hire? 1-2 perhaps? To WH, the Dolphins are more then just a team....they're a source of revenue. 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6......that's selling out stadiums and concessions.

What would happen if we started going 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 or worse? The dolphins are one of the highest teams for paraphaneila (sp?) sold.

And a GM would be perfect. DW hasn't made the best personnel decisions and I'm hoping the new GM will. Better players means the coach can get the team to perform more......well I guess he can't stop players from dropping passes, missing blocks, missing field goals, missing tackles ...........so we'll wait and see.

lol. It is looking closer than I thought it would be but it may be corrupted. 9 out of 10 of every dolphins fan I talk to is pissed that Wanny is staying. I listened to Sports radio after the game yesterday and every caller was pissed about Wanny coming back. What the hell!?!?!

Yes

DW can't draft, and ignores the issue of the team (offense). as a coach, i believe he is very good.

with JJ team he had an 11-5 record. why have the dolphins "regressed" because he sucks at getting players. let a GM handle that and miami is a REAL superbowl contender.

I say no from the standpoint I think a change was needed. The GM part I agree with but in addition to horrible personnel decisions, I also think the team's attitude and demeanor could have been improved with a more no none sense type of coach.

No. If you look at the problems this team has had... it HASN'T been talent evaluation. Miami has gotten several good players from the lower round picks they've been stuck with. The problem HAS been gameplanning, motivation, and accountability.... which IMO is what Wanny will be strictly in charge of now. Only if the GM and OC are in complete and total control of the O (including game plan, starting roster, etc) will I be comfortable. Wanny may be a good D coach, but he's shown that he doesn't know his head from his arse when it comes to offense. I don't see that happening, however... so I still vote NO.

Originally posted by jbond
YES. He may not be God, but he has put his team in position game after game to win it.

Texans....should have won
Patriots - home....should have won
Colts.....should have lost but could have one
Philly.....should have won

THE PLAYERS LOST THOSE 4 (count em) games. We should be 14-2 or even if you want to cut some slack....12-4 right now. THE PLAYERS HAVE NOT PERFORMED AND NO COACH WILL CHANGE THAT. He has made some mistakes as well but not being in the playoffs this year is more due to the players. Last year we would have won the AFC East with a 10-6 record (instead of....)....and you all would have been extremely happy! But now this record, this year, just isn't good enough and you think he should go?

As for everyone who continuall hates DW (I do not love him) how many great coaches are out there for hire? 1-2 perhaps? To WH, the Dolphins are more then just a team....they're a source of revenue. 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6......that's selling out stadiums and concessions.

What would happen if we started going 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 or worse? The dolphins are one of the highest teams for paraphaneila (sp?) sold.

And a GM would be perfect. DW hasn't made the best personnel decisions and I'm hoping the new GM will. Better players means the coach can get the team to perform more......well I guess he can't stop players from dropping passes, missing blocks, missing field goals, missing tackles ...........so we'll wait and see.

Believe it or not, coaches have A LOT to do with players performances. Look at New England and Dallas. Dallas is the least talented team in the playoffs and New England was missing half of their great players in the middle of the season and was still winning every game. Wanny doesn't motivate the players and lets them do what they want.

Not really. They blew the 2003 draft.

A GM has nothing to do what decisions are made on the field anyways. He just deals with personnel, but not with game decisions, which is what the problem is anyways. We have the TALENT, it is the coaching decisions on the field that hurt us. How is a GM going to help that?

Originally posted by phinfan34

Believe it or not, coaches have A LOT to do with players performances. Look at New England and Dallas. Dallas is the least talented team in the playoffs and New England was missing half of their great players in the middle of the season and was still winning every game. Wanny doesn't motivate the players and lets them do what they want.

I for one, am not in the Dolphins locker room, thus I can not say whether or not Wanny motivates players. I could probably say he does and have the same weight as what you say.

Bringing him back does not disappoint me, I wished for Norv to be gone most of all. But thems the breaks.

10 wins is 10 wins. We are not talking Fassel here.

Back
Top Bottom