Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and adding a GM? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and adding a GM?

Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and getting a GM?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 47.0%

• Total voters
Just look at the top teams this year. They all have gotten rookies that can really contribute. We got one in Wade Smith and he was not ready yet at LT, but he contributed and started a whole season none the less. The team needs to do much better in the draft.

I am okay with it. Only because there is no one out there who makes my toes tingle to repalce him. I think if there was a Parcells or a Belicheck type out there then I woudl feel differently. But right now I am okay with it.

I would have been okay if they had booted him out too.

I will NOT be happy of they don't aggresively restructure the offense.

10 wins is 10 wins...are you happy with that???

I'm Not.

10 wins may be nice in Arizona, Cincy, Detriot...but not in Miami!!! And not for me!!!

I want the Fins to win a SB...with Wanny it will not happen!!!

Originally posted by phinfan34
lol. It is looking closer than I thought it would be but it may be corrupted. 9 out of 10 of every dolphins fan I talk to is pissed that Wanny is staying. I listened to Sports radio after the game yesterday and every caller was pissed about Wanny coming back. What the hell!?!?!

yeah, lol, I was thinking the same thing.....but i think the people that have voted "yes" are people who are really trying to convince themselves that this was a good decision after all, almost like the people the were convincing themselves we had a good draft after all.

Nope I voted yes, because this is done with and that new GM better get started on getting a draft preparation and his FA planned.

By the way I hated last year's draft.

The players obviously aren't movitvated because they falter at the end of every game and lose every big game.

Judgment as to if the 2003 draft was blown remains to be seen... while I personally did not agree with the selection made, I also have not seen the selection play a single snap in the NFL. For all we know Moore may end up being the next ZT.... That's the tough part about the draft... you can't call a pick a bust until a few years have past. The only wanny pick that comes to mind as a bust is Fletcher. Considering the fact that we haven't had a 1st rnd pick in ages... (a large part due to Ricky) we've come up with some good talent in Chambers, McMichael, Ogun, etc... and that's not to mention the up-and-commers such as Donald Lee and Wade Smith. I wouldn't rate Wanny's drafts "A"... but it is far from being the biggest reason for our underachieving. Think of it this way... Wanny has a team with 11-12 starting probowlers and can't get much out of it, where as someone like Billichick or Parcels make something out of nothing. IMO that comes down to game planning, motivation, and attitude.... and even with a GM that will NOT change.

Originally posted by Predaphin34

yeah, lol, I was thinking the same thing.....but i think the people that have voted "yes" are people who are really trying to convince themselves that this was a good decision after all, almost like the people the were convincing themselves we had a good draft after all.

I think everyone scratched their heads when Eddie Moore's name was called out.

Kansas City had a good draft, as did Dallas especially, New England, the Rams have a near Pro Bowler in Pino and some other good picks, Indy, Tenn.

Have you noticed a trend here. The Bengals resurgence came right after a great draft.

What??? You guys still don't see that a good GM makes a big difference. You need rookies contribute and that does not always mean starting.

Not to be a smart-alleck, but Parcells isn't catching any passes, making blocks, kicking FGs and neither is bellicheck. How can you make Chamber or McMichael catch a pass (i.e. yesterday for a TD instead of an interception)? Do you put 'fear' into the player they will be traded if he drops a ball? Does that make his concentration on the ball any better? I mean, really....from a coaching / psychological ....or any standpoint....how is Wanny going to make the players catch balls better, not miss blocks, kick a FG any better in wind on the dirt, or whatever the problem is? What "motivation" is required to reach that level of focus? Does he get the Offense going one week (and ignore the D) and then alternate weekly and throw in a special team week here or there? Lord knows whenever one side of the ball plays well...the other side doesn't.

I agree that Wanny isn't a Marine DI (uh...drill instructer) but even with his less then becoming / below par gameplanning or whatever (to us fans) we still should have won at least 2+ more games this season.

Who takes the blame for that? Wanny? Just because he's the coach and that's the top of the food chain? There are no bad children.....only bad parents? Wanny may not be a motivational speaker (for a profession, thank goodness I suppose) but I think he has done enough of a job to get us in a position to win....after that our players need to execute. Plain and simple. If they can't, we need different players as well as maybe a new coach.

Coach ---- enough planning to position the players to win
Players -- perform, execute and win

Right now 1/2 the equation is working better then the other 1/2....yet that's the half so many people want to get rid off........ironic isn't it?

Originally posted by phinfan34

Believe it or not, coaches have A LOT to do with players performances. Look at New England and Dallas. Dallas is the least talented team in the playoffs and New England was missing half of their great players in the middle of the season and was still winning every game. Wanny doesn't motivate the players and lets them do what they want.

I'm saying that it doesn't matter what players you have if your coach doesn't know what he is doing out there. Wanny could have 22 pro bowl players and still not win a super bowl.

Originally posted by Emskirch

I for one, am not in the Dolphins locker room, thus I can not say whether or not Wanny motivates players. I could probably say he does and have the same weight as what you say.

Bringing him back does not disappoint me, I wished for Norv to be gone most of all. But thems the breaks.

10 wins is 10 wins. We are not talking Fassel here.

But, one thing that is clearly outside the locker room are the offensive and defensive schemes and game plans. This is where Dave clearly does fail to excel.

He also does a poor job of getting his players mentally focused to not commit stupid penalties. It's one thing to get physically beat and hold. It's another to jump offsides on 3rd and 1. Those are inexcusable and DW hasn't gained the respect of the players to implement change. His leadership there is a far cry from a Shula coached team.

NO! I agree with the getting a GM part, but I do not agree with the decision to keep Wannstedt! Regression and underachievement should not get you an extension, it should get you fired!

Back
Top Bottom