Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and adding a GM? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and adding a GM?

Do you agree with the decision to keep Wanny and getting a GM?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 47.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by DeDolfan
How would i feel? Hire the next best one available. You forget that Wanny has us in this mess to begin with?

I'll accept the fact that our O-line is what it is due to DW. That said.....(and I already said this on another topic http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29701 )...I challenge someone to show me where DW lost more games then the players did.
Where his "bad decisions" cost us the game more often then say.....24 missed tackles, or TE's missing assignments, or #1 WR's dropping a ball for the 1st down on 3rd & 8, or allowing 2 TD's on an opponents first 2 possesions in the game. I think DW lost the Colts game by poor planning, and the Titans game trying to play catchup after it was 14-0 only a few minutes into the 1st qtr.

If you can't prove more losses came from DW other then the players......give the guy a break and you should maybe start asking for the heads of our "over-rated" and "over-paid" defense. Our oh so crappy Offense managed what, about 19.4 pts p/g and our ever so great Defense gave up what, 16.4 pts p/g ? Where's that discrepency coming from? I would have expected the gap to be much wider. I'd say out of our 6 losses, the Defense lost 4 of them

houston - thought it was practice
colts - couldn't cover a single short pass it seemed
Titans - 2 TD's allowed in the first 2 drives....nuff said
Eagles - 24 missed tackles

Offensive losses
Pats home - ah....can't kick
Pats away - ....it'd be nice if someone could block a blitzing safety every now and then

games DW was outcoached as well:
Colts
Titans

so.....where is it DW's fault? If anything....it's a miracle that we wound up 10-6 with a Defense that can't remember if they're in practice or not, a backup QB with a worse rating then Lucas had, a kicker that doesn't think it's important to practice kicking (although I'm the highest paid in the league), receivers that drop balls thrown right into their chest (I mean, we don't expect them to catch the overthrown ones....but on the numbers), an O-line that couldn't open a hole for a running back regardless of who it was,.......

....wait....I'm noticing a trend here.....DW DID either assemble this team or keep the players there........yep.....that's how it is his fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makes me wonder. Last week everybody wanted Wanny gone and why the reprieve now? because we barely beat the jets by 2 frikkin' points? Seems to me that alot of folx have forgotten why we're in this mess to begin with!

It wasn't Dave that dropped the on the money pass in the endzone that resulted in an INT...in was McMichael. It also wasn't Wanny that missed another FG...it was Mare. Now you can feel better about "only beating the Jets by 2 points....should have been 12 points more!

Coaches don't block, tackle, kick, or catch. I'm not saying the staff is perfect, or couldnt be better....but I think the players are MORE to blame for our teams shortcomings this year. Our players didn't play well. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

It wasn't Dave that dropped the on the money pass in the endzone that resulted in an INT...in was McMichael. It also wasn't Wanny that missed another FG...it was Mare. Now you can feel better about "only beating the Jets by 2 points....should have been 12 points more!

Coaches don't block, tackle, kick, or catch. I'm not saying the staff is perfect, or couldnt be better....but I think the players are MORE to blame for our teams shortcomings this year. Our players didn't play well. Period.

Our players didn't play well, who is responsible for that? By your reasoning, why do we even need a head coach? Apparently he has nothing to do with their level of play by your standards. And BTW when has any coach in the modern era blocked, tackled, kicked or catched? Coaches would never lose their jobs according those standards. It's an excuse that's old and tired and in the end makes no sense at all.

Just wondering, how low does this franchise need to sink before some of you realize it is the fault of the head coach? 6-10? 4-12?

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Mike, it's a pretty tired old excuse, to say the least. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the coach doesn't play the game. Is that some kind of new revelation or som'n? Bottom line is, anyway you want to slice/spin it, this team has been regressing EVER since Wanny showed up. and now he has been "demoted" and we're getting a so-called bonafide gM that suppoesedly doesn't have authority to fire the HC? This organization is fast becoming one of the biggest jokes in all of pro sports. You think a GM will make us better? Why?
I can tell you why not tho and that is because of Wannstedt. Sure the o is in shambles and he should be fired for that alone. he has some of the leagues best D talent on one team and that alone should at least get you into the playoffs, yet we've missed it 2 yrs in a row. Point is that wannstedt is not a good coach, period. You can only assemble so much talent on one team due to the cap and to get any good talent on O, we'd have to sacrifice some on D. He can't win with what we have and wound up worse even after getting more D talent LY. Again, we will go no where with Wannstedt. This is the second team he has taken down and there is no reason whatsoever to think that all of a sudden, he'll take us over the top. Three yrs was enough to see, 4 was ludicrous and now 5 with a 2 yr extention to boot is beyond insane even!

Wayne H. talked to many football people. It was reported that the consensus was that Miami wasn't as talented as the media said and that Wanny did very well to get to 10-6 with that talent and the OL injuries. Basically, football people think that the fans saying Wanny sucks don't know jack about football.

Originally posted by rafael
Wayne H. talked to many football people. It was reported that the consensus was that Miami wasn't as talented as the media said and that Wanny did very well to get to 10-6 with that talent and the OL injuries. Basically, football people think that the fans saying Wanny sucks don't know jack about football.

And where was this reported? But basically, if "football ppl" can't see that Wanny is taking this team backwards, don't know jack about, well, Wanny. BTW, which football ppl are we talking about anyway? JJ? :lol: :lol:

And where was this reported? But basically, if "football ppl" can't see that Wanny is taking this team backwards, don't know jack about, well, Wanny. BTW, which football ppl are we talking about anyway? JJ? :lol: :lol:

It was reported in the local papers and posted on this msg board. I don't have the link but if you look around I'm sure you'll find it. As to whom did Wayne talk to? The list reportedly included Shula and several GMs around the league.

Originally posted by rafael

It was reported in the local papers and posted on this msg board. I don't have the link but if you look around I'm sure you'll find it. As to whom did Wayne talk to? The list reportedly included Shula and several GMs around the league.

Why do I have this awful funny feeling that JJ still pulls some of the strings?
Anyway, I didn't read anything of it that's documented at least. I'll check around. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom