Do You Agree? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Agree?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Daniel Jones (Duke) > Drew Lock (Missouri)?
On film Jones seems more versatile than Lock, to me.

To me, Lock still looks like he has the greater tools to succeed in the NFL. That arm is a cannon and he displays some great accuracy when he is on (when he is on is the key phrase). As a coach I'd hope he would process things quicker without having to dumb down the offense for him. He definitely will not have the 25 minutes to make a pass he has in the clip above.

I'm sorry to sound like so many others here but I really get a Tannehill vibe from Jones. Seeing how his passes float at times, the deeper throws forcing the WR to slow down or turn back, the long gazelle-like strides when he runs that make me think he's going to get his lower body wrecked...The number 17 as his number of choice itself makes a shiver run down my spine. If the Dolphins grab him it's obvious they've seen something that separates himself from Tannehill because LORD KNOWS they will be comparing any QB prospect against Tanny (pocket awareness and leadership hopefully being those differences).

Ultimately, given the choice I'd go Lock over Jones. I could easily see the Broncos taking Lock before Miami picks and Jones falling to the back of the 1st round...where the Patriots make sense.

Not at all. IMHO, Jones is not good enough. Lock is on of the most intriguing prospects in this draft … but bear in mind this QB draft is poor. Lock had plenty of time to clean up his game … and it's not there. Neither one carries a 1st round grade for me, and Lock is very likely to be taken by the Broncos in the top 10.

Good Lord...

We could draft a guy that is better than Marino, Brady, and Elway combined...

And still suck.

A good line does really make a difference.

Yet all hands scream for Marino 2.0 RIGHT NOW!!

I would take Lock over him but I'm not a fan of either tbh. Both are 3rd-4th round QB's for me. I think most of the hype surrounding Jones comes from him being coached by David Cutcliffe and he's connected to the Manning's. I just don't see with him at all.

Daniel Jones is poor man Chad Pennington all brain no arm.

Drew Lock is too streaky for my taste.

Neither, although I'd put better $$ on Jones since he should kill the whiteboard.

Good Lord...

We could draft a guy that is better than Marino, Brady, and Elway combined...

And still suck.

A good line does really make a difference.

Yet all hands scream for Marino 2.0 RIGHT NOW!!

Hey!

Marino didn't need a line. A ball, a center to snap it and a WR to catch it. That's all that beautiful beast of a QB needed.

And don't you forget it! :lol:

Daniel Jones is poor man Chad Pennington all brain no arm.

Drew Lock is too streaky for my taste.

Neither, although I'd put better $$ on Jones since he should kill the whiteboard.

I'd argue Chad Pennington is a poor man's Daniel Jones as he probably had a weaker arm, is 2 inches shorter, and a hell of a lot slower.

Daniel Jones is going to be a first round pick, and is a much better prospect than Lock.

Miami would be very lucky to end up with Jones, but even I must admit he's probably not BPA @ 13 because the arm is relatively weak.

I do find it funny how Casserly said Murray is one of the worst interviewers for a top tier QB prospect EVER, talk about boom or bust...

Haskins will probably be the best QB in this class in the long run imho.

Last edited:
One thing I can't shake is that there is SO much we don't know about Tannehill that this regime does. Like, above I wrote that Jones reminds me of Tannehill...but for all I know the Dolphins could be saying, "Hell yeah, Jones has X,Y,Z that Tannehill had but without all of this bad stuff". Tannehill had a few coaches remove his ability to audible, MULTIPLE teammates say how they'd like a different QB, multiple coaches limit passes in the middle of the field and deep...some crucial things they were hiding likely will play into this decision more than most.

Which is to say the pick could totally be Jones and he could totally succeed in ways Tannehill couldn't simply based off of what the people closest to Tannehill had to gameplan around.

Back
Top Bottom