Do you all listen to the Big O show on radio? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you all listen to the Big O show on radio?

I don't listen to this guy because he's a ****ing terrible broadcaster. Dumb opinions, yells over his caller, basically a completely obnoxious moron.

If you want to listen to good sports talk in Miami, try Leroy Hoard in the afternoons.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

He's basically the FinHeaven forum encapsulated in a radio host.

Please don't impugn the many wonderful posters on this board by comparing them to that fat, obnoxious, idiotic piece of ****.

Thank you.

I'm not a mental midget so no, I dont listen to his show.

I'd rather watch a documentary about horseback riding narrated by Christopher Reeves. Omar has worked as a sports "journalist" for how long now and still knows next to nothing about the sport or the team he covers. He is one of those guys who tries to make the story and not report it accurately.

I'd rather watch a documentary about horseback riding narrated by Christopher Reeves. Omar has worked as a sports "journalist" for how long now and still knows next to nothing about the sport or the team he covers. He is one of those guys who tries to make the story and not report it accurately.

Omar thinks he's a football expert because he read the book "Take your eyes off the ball"...LOL

I listen to the Big O....he is the opposite extreme to the Phinsiders....He has been in the market a long time covering the Dolphins. He fancies himself aS an NFL General Manager. He has made his NFL contacts by going to the various senior bowls and the Combine. He had to pay his own way when he was a beat reporter for WQAM way back in the day.....So I respect his sources of information about the draft. He is an equally passionate Dolphin fan as any of us here on the this site.
Having said that, he way too negative and needs to tone it down. He s not an NFL talent evaluator but in his mind he is. He rally hates TBaum ....I get it that cause he was a Jet GM. I'll give TBaum the benefit of the doubt. People learn from their mistakes. By Big O's logic..... Belacheet would have failed in New England because of what he did Cleveland....How did that workout for the Patriots?

The only BIG O i listen to is my wifes.

I don't listen to this guy because he's a ****ing terrible broadcaster. Dumb opinions, yells over his caller, basically a completely obnoxious moron.

If you want to listen to good sports talk in Miami, try Leroy Hoard in the afternoons.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Please don't impugn the many wonderful posters on this board by comparing them to that fat, obnoxious, idiotic piece of ****.

Thank you.

He's a Hank Goldberg wannabe, always talking over his guests and callers. The caller tries to speak when asked a question, Orlando cuts him off and says, "I'm speaking!" while cutting the caller off. Classy. Typical obnoxious a hole move. I'm amazed his guests still come on his show. They must get paid.

Speaking of obnoxious and fat, I remember years back, he was supposedly on some diet who was a sponsor on the show at the time. He lost a lot of weight. After that he started including "fat", "sloppy pig", etc into his insults of people. Lol now look who's a fat pig again?

If someone is that hostile, that usually points to some unhappiness in his or her life. I used to listen but I hardly ever anymore. He gives interesting info on the draft because of his contacts, but that's about it. I'd rather get my sports news online for the most part. Even the LeBatard show has jumped the shark. It's sad. I used to always enjoy that show.

Bokamper was amazing that day. I played the interview for my wife and she couldn't stop laughing and nodding her head.
I was listening to that too...it was amazing

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

He's a Hank Goldberg wannabe, always talking over his guests and callers. The caller tries to speak when asked a question, Orlando cuts him off and says, "I'm speaking!" while cutting the caller off. Classy. Typical obnoxious a hole move. I'm amazed his guests still come on his show. They must get paid.

Speaking of obnoxious and fat, I remember years back, he was supposedly on some diet who was a sponsor on the show at the time. He lost a lot of weight. After that he started including "fat", "sloppy pig", etc into his insults of people. Lol now look who's a fat pig again?

If someone is that hostile, that usually points to some unhappiness in his or her life. I used to listen but I hardly ever anymore. He gives interesting info on the draft because of his contacts, but that's about it. I'd rather get my sports news online for the most part. Even the LeBatard show has jumped the shark. It's sad. I used to always enjoy that show.

Yeah, pretty much all of this is spot on. He's just a lousy radio host and by all accounts, a lousy person.

I stumble upon his show from time to time. I can't keep track of these guys because they seem to change stations every few months. Actually I still can't grasp that sports talk radio is focused on the morning and afternoon. It was always nighttime when I listened regularly in Miami decades ago, and then the Stardust Line that I participated in from Las Vegas was 10 to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Daytime sports talk basically didn't exist, or nobody cared. I have no idea how it shifted. I heard Big O complaining once that he was relegated to nighttime.

Big O is good, certainly above average. Naturally the adjusting homers can't stand him. I'm not surprised Bokamper took shots at him. Mandich did the same thing. These former players turned shill can't stand anything that isn't coated with praise and benefit of a doubt, regardless of how absurd, given the recent and ongoing track record. Those guys are audio versions of Andy Cohen, or not far removed. They also don't like that Big O has indeed compiled sources who he relies on. I remember Mandich ranting, "Who the hell is Big O?" after Big O trotted out some source who severely disliked a series of Dolphin moves, ones that failed to pan out even though Mandich was praising them at the time.

Yeah, Big O can be a blowhard when he allows callers who agree with him to ramble while cutting off or shouting at callers who take the opposite view. But at least he does it with a hint of overboard levity, unlike Goldberg who looked down on others and held grudges for decades and beyond. I used to watch Hank Goldberg at Saratoga acting like a jerk toward ESPN crew members who were helping apply his makeup between segments. Granted, that was a ton of work and a ton of makeup. Hank could sweat with the best of them in August at Saratoga.

Here is all you need to know. If he dislikes a player and someone provides a stat defending that player's performance, it's an "excuse." If a player he likes plays poorly and someone points it out, there are "many factors" involved in football. Disagree too often and you're cut off. Can't beat that logic.

Sounds like he is the guy for the job this year as NO one will be listening after a couple of weeks the way Tannabaum is dismanteling this team. If not for the revenue sharing contract manadated by the NFL this team would be deep in the red real quick.

Ok so being a British dolphins fan live radio is out of the question for me but I do like to listen to podcasts every day at work I have been downloading finsides which is ending next week and either the joe rose show or big O

So enlighten me phins fans who's pod cast should I be downloading on a daily basis that talks a decent amount of phins each day ??????

For those of you who don't have a long history with this website....

1) The Big O used to be a regular poster on this message board many years back.

2) With WQAM most likely to win the radio rights back to the Dolphins games, I believe the Big O will not be so negative about the team as the station will not like that or allow it

Back
Top Bottom