Do you all listen to the Big O show on radio? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you all listen to the Big O show on radio?

He's clueless how?

One of the few times I listened to him was when Austin Davis had back-to-back good starts for the Rams. Orlando was on one of his Tannehill rants when he brought up how he wanted the Dolphins to draft Davis because he was much better than Tannehill and that if he was the GM that would have happened. That stood out because I thought it was ridiculous. Fast forward in time and it happens that I heard him again on a Tannehill rant and a caller brought up his wanting Davis when it was obvious he wasn't very good. O cut the guy off and denied saying it. Haven't listened to him since.

No problem with criticism of the team because I have plenty but if you make a statement you need to own it. It's obvious to me he feels the need to be right 100 percent of the time and that his opinion is most important. No tolerance for a show where the conversation is one sided and integrity is optional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I live in Tampa and don't get the Big O show, but I doubt I would listen to anyone who refers to their show as the Big O....

I stumble upon his show from time to time. I can't keep track of these guys because they seem to change stations every few months. Actually I still can't grasp that sports talk radio is focused on the morning and afternoon. It was always nighttime when I listened regularly in Miami decades ago, and then the Stardust Line that I participated in from Las Vegas was 10 to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Daytime sports talk basically didn't exist, or nobody cared. I have no idea how it shifted. I heard Big O complaining once that he was relegated to nighttime.

Big O is good, certainly above average. Naturally the adjusting homers can't stand him. I'm not surprised Bokamper took shots at him. Mandich did the same thing. These former players turned shill can't stand anything that isn't coated with praise and benefit of a doubt, regardless of how absurd, given the recent and ongoing track record. Those guys are audio versions of Andy Cohen, or not far removed. They also don't like that Big O has indeed compiled sources who he relies on. I remember Mandich ranting, "Who the hell is Big O?" after Big O trotted out some source who severely disliked a series of Dolphin moves, ones that failed to pan out even though Mandich was praising them at the time.

Yeah, Big O can be a blowhard when he allows callers who agree with him to ramble while cutting off or shouting at callers who take the opposite view. But at least he does it with a hint of overboard levity, unlike Goldberg who looked down on others and held grudges for decades and beyond. I used to watch Hank Goldberg at Saratoga acting like a jerk toward ESPN crew members who were helping apply his makeup between segments. Granted, that was a ton of work and a ton of makeup. Hank could sweat with the best of them in August at Saratoga.

Everything is marketed around "drivetime"...

On the Austin Davis thing ....

I remember this. It's funny because he's always saying he wants tannehill to do good and he wishes that there would be a situation where callers called in calling him out about being wrong about Tannehill . If that was true I'd respect it, but it's obvious that he won't do that , he'd come up with a bunch of excuses about how it's about the way the team AROUND Tannehill is playing . He loves his idiotic callers thinking he's some sort of know it all about the team when sometimes he can barely remember some starters names .

" oh that kid , the one that played well for like 3 weeks , forgot his name now "

Caller : " you mean Jelani Jenkins ?"

Lol , that guy is a clown

One of the few times I listened to him was when Austin Davis had back-to-back good starts for the Rams. Orlando was on one of his Tannehill rants when he brought up how he wanted the Dolphins to draft Davis because he was much better than Tannehill and that if he was the GM that would have happened. That stood out because I thought it was ridiculous. Fast forward in time and it happens that I heard him again on a Tannehill rant and a caller brought up his wanting Davis when it was obvious he wasn't very good. O cut the guy off and denied saying it. Haven't listened to him since.

No problem with criticism of the team because I have plenty but if you make a statement you need to own it. It's obvious to me he feels the need to be right 100 percent of the time and that his opinion is most important. No tolerance for a show where the conversation is one sided and integrity is optional.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? LOL

Ok so being a British dolphins fan live radio is out of the question for me but I do like to listen to podcasts every day at work I have been downloading finsides which is ending next week and either the joe rose show or big O

So enlighten me phins fans who's pod cast should I be downloading on a daily basis that talks a decent amount of phins each day ??????

you can download an app called radio.com the station is there

I like Defo and Joe Rose the best, but I will basically listen to anything about the Dolphins, whether I agree or not.

Sounds about right. That said, I give him credit. His show clearly has some appeal to the "completely bat**** insane" crowd.

:lol: Sounds like something he'd do. That's not the first time someone called him on something and he got sensitive about it, even though he routinely calls people little bitches. Typical.

A coach that has been vouched for around the league for his work with QBs and even Peyton Manning shouted him out.

Aaron Rogers vouched for Joe Philbin. How did that work out for us?

Anybody who has been around the league long enough to get a head coaching job is going to have people who say nice things about him. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CORRELATION BETWEEN A PLAYER VOUCHING FOR A PERSON AND THAT PERSON'S ABILITY TO SUCCEED AS A HEAD COACH. It is not a predictor for success and I wish people would stop wasting our time using it as an argument

Anybody who has been around the league long enough to get a head coaching job is going to have people who say nice things about him. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CORRELATION BETWEEN A PLAYER VOUCHING FOR A PERSON AND THAT PERSON'S ABILITY TO SUCCEED AS A HEAD COACH. It is not a predictor for success and I wish people would stop wasting our time using it as an argument

Ahhhh, the biggest difference is...Aaron Rodgers was specifically asked about Joe Philbin...while several players, including some who were going to take less money to play for Gase, have offered unsolicited praise (most notably and recently Osweiler). I'm not saying that it means he will be a great coach, but when you have a player mention Gase is a press conference after signing with a new team that is not Miami and not asked about him, then it should be noted.

The truth is no one knows how anyone will be as a HC until they get the chance. The problem I have with your comparison, or attempted one is Philbin was not the play caller during games. Gase was and seems like he will be that here as well. It's one thing to be in charge of planning the schedule for the week and shuffling paper work around like Philbin did in GB compared to someone like Gase that actually did the difficult part of being an offensive coordinator. He actually called the plays on game days.

But again, no one knows how Gase will do. But I think it's unfair to try and compare Philbin to Gase.

Ahhhh, the biggest difference is...Aaron Rodgers was specifically asked about Joe Philbin...while several players, including some who were going to take less money to play for Gase, have offered unsolicited praise (most notably and recently Osweiler). I'm not saying that it means he will be a great coach, but when you have a player mention Gase is a press conference after signing with a new team that is not Miami and not asked about him, then it should be noted.

Rodgers had to say something nice.

Players say great things about Gase because they remember all he's done for them.

Back
Top Bottom