Do You Guys Care?? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Care??

Most people cannot afford to shell out for "Inside Info" sites.However there is a small segment of fans who can and 84 dlrs to them is just a drop of the bucket.So its not really a bad idea to charge this amount as long as the member base is large enough.It seems that you are gradually getting to that base to where you will be able to finance yourselfs.Charging 99 cents as has been suggested would require infrastructure and increase overhead costs.

Perhaps a solution is to offer what credit cards do.Platinum,Gold,Silver etc...donor memberships according to the amounts that can be afforded.

Phin-o-rama said:
i thought about donating but it is alot of money...i would do 25 bucks........also i agree with the band thing...i buy the cd's of the bands i really like ...like bad religion
you listen to bad religion and support Bush?

what is wrong with you?

MOULDSROCKS said:
you listen to bad religion and support Bush?

what is wrong with you?

nothing....i like their music. i like their lyrics but i do not look to music for my political views...period. i like alot of punk rock and right now im a bit disenchanted with the whole thing due to the new compilation cd entitled "rock against bush" which features many of the bands i like going on and on about their views on political issues. i just wish they'd stfu and play music.

take the band guttermouth for instance. their newest album "eat your face" has a track on it called "party of two"....basically they are ripping on all these bands that have jumped on the political bandwagon against bush when 1 year ago all they cared about was surfboard wax and drugs.

anyways like i said i don't look to music for my political views yet i enjoy bad religions style and greg graffins voice. ive seen them live several times too and they rock

<------- similarly conflicted

Favorite band of past 25 years: The Clash

Party of Choice: Republican

Not a big fan of Geo. Bush, but the thought of John Kerry and the people he'd surround himself with in office terrifies me.

But why are you all here reading my babbling? You should be CONTRIBUTING TO FINHEAVEN.:)

P4E said:
<------- similarly conflicted

Favorite band of past 25 years: The Clash

Party of Choice: Republican

Not a big fan of Geo. Bush, but the thought of John Kerry and the people he'd surround himself with in office terrifies me.

But why are you all here reading my babbling? You should be CONTRIBUTING TO FINHEAVEN.:)

:yeahthat:

Add me to that list...

A "Republican Deadhead" sounds slightly oximoronic, does it not? :goof:

Samphin really likes Bad Religion. I had the opportunity to see them with Less Than Jake and Hot Water Music a few years back and took it. No a big fan of the Ska music, but Samphin can definately get into a little Link 80 every now and then. Bands such as:

Bad Religion, NOFX, A.F.I., Clash, as well as many other great punk bands have always held political views within their songs. Heck, even gutter punkrockers Rancid have some very anti-repulican, anti-establishment songs. The fact is, most of the musicians would make the same music whether Bush, or Kerry were in office. They know that no matter who is in office, pitting your music against them generally will tap a nerve with some part of the population somewhere and sell records.

Everyone listen to Pennywise and Slipknot on occasion too. Samphin listens to the them before braving the terrible horrendous traffic in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Samphin said:
Samphin really likes Bad Religion. I had the opportunity to see them with Less Than Jake and Hot Water Music a few years back and took it. No a big fan of the Ska music, but Samphin can definately get into a little Link 80 every now and then. Bands such as:

Bad Religion, NOFX, A.F.I., Clash, as well as many other great punk bands have always held political views within their songs. Heck, even gutter punkrockers Rancid have some very anti-repulican, anti-establishment songs. The fact is, most of the musicians would make the same music whether Bush, or Kerry were in office. They know that no matter who is in office, pitting your music against them generally will tap a nerve with some part of the population somewhere and sell records.

Everyone listen to Pennywise and Slipknot on occasion too. Samphin listens to the them before braving the terrible horrendous traffic in the San Francisco Bay Area.
throw in Planet Smashers, Pietasters, Ozomatli, and Johnny Socko :)

Back
Top Bottom