Do You Guys Care?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Care??

I would love too, but for the same reaosns as elsewhere, I simply cannot afford it. I am 21 years old and just bought a house in the San Francisco Bay Area. Do any of you know how much housing is in California? You Floridians have it easy! My fellow Cali fin fans can attest, you buy out here, sya goodbye to ALL of your money for a few years. Heck, I haven't even moved in yet and I have oodles and oodles of cash already shelled out into it.

In fact, as much as I hate to say it, in a month, I may have to give up finheaven all together. Monthly internet charges will most likely be sacrficed so that I have that extra cash to eat. Sorry guys, I just can't do it right now.

Also, Gram, that message was pretty offensive. Muck is riding us for being defensive but we had no other options considering the knife you left swinging over our heads.

No one wants to see a 'mandatory membership' fee. We're asking those that can afford a contribution and find this site valuable and worthwhile to please do so -- whatever that contribution might be.

I'd imagine most serious fans would HATE to have to sell their collection of fin-collectables... and I hate to see AJ in that position, after he's already put so much time, effort and money into this site. So, if you can, help him out. That's all. It's not required. We won't hunt people down on ban them. If you can't afford it, that's fine. If you can down the road, keep Finheaven in mind.

Thanks!

PS - why didn't I get a 2x banner? :(

WharfRat said:
Point is... you've posted over 5000 times here in just over a year.
Seems as though this place really is pretty important to you. Think of it this way, how much would you miss it if it were gone?

Not saying it will be if you don't give $84/year... and no, the "majority" can't/won't pay it. However... we're not looking for the "majority" to do so. 24 members out of 4000 is hardly a majority.
Advertising. We'd love to get more for advertising. That's been a goal all along. We do manage a few $'s here and there thru ads, but the fact of the matter is, that is easier said than done. Most major advertisers are reluctant to place ads on message boards. If you have any ideas on how we can gain more advertising revenue... PLEASE let us know.

As far as shelling out money for a jersey, or the site. Well... basketball would be a bad example to use with me (staff or not) since I could care less about the sport..... however, would I rather spend $70 on a signed Larry Csonka jersey, or $84/ year for this site.... well... IF a signed Larry Csonka jersey became available at that price, I'd probably snatch that up, and at least delay the premium membership cost... but I'd also send in the difference ($14) just to contribute to a site that I spend a LOT of time enjoying at (mostly) someone else's expense....

If the site was going down, sure I'd donate as much as I can, but it's not as far as I'm concerned.

I will try and get some money donated to the site sometime this summer...personally, I was just commenting on the $84/per year tag.

I just don't like the "at someone else's expense" comment.

TerryTate said:
CO84...what size shoe are you? if you have some real good basketball shoes that you get tired of, hook me up, I cant afford my own new shoes right now, and I need casual shoes and high-tops, im a size 13. I've worn the same casual shoes for about 4 years and they are on their last breath.

Thanks

Terry Tate

LOL...I'm under that man, but I don't do the high-tops thing...I stick with the lows. ;)

ChambersOwnz84 said:
If the site was going down, sure I'd donate as much as I can, but it's not as far as I'm concerned.

I will try and get some money donated to the site sometime this summer...personally, I was just commenting on the $84/per year tag.

But the fact of the matter is, tons of people (literally, tons 2000= 1 ton ;) ) are enjoying the site at the expense of seven people.

I see what you're saying, but Wharf made it sound as if we asked if we could come post here for free. It's the internet man, everything and site is free. Take a look at ESPN Insider for example. Go to google and type in, "ESPN Insider Password". Same thing goes for everything else you have to pay for online...it's all free, and with this being a message board you kind've expect it all to be free.

That post sounded a lot like..."if you have over 5000 posts and post a lot, and you're enjoying the site off of someone else's expenses, then you should pay $84 a year" (I know that's not entirely what he meant)

But like I said, if the site was shutting down I'd definately help as much as I can.

ChambersOwnz84 said:

That's just it... if everyone thought that way... it would go down...
ChambersOwnz84 said:
Excellent!! That's all we ask. Seriously... we don't look down on, or disfavor those that can't/won't/don't contribute in any way shape or form... the point of all this is to reward those who do as best we can.
ChambersOwnz84 said:

Sorry... but why does that bother you? it has been at someone else's expense..hasn't it?

WharfRat said:
Sorry... but why does that bother you? it has been at someone else's expense..hasn't it?

When you put it like that, basically it sounds like you're saying if we're not gonna help(if we have the money), then why bother visit the site?

Sorry, that's just what it sounds like.

But again, like I said...I will donate some money here and there.

Gram was just frustrated that AJ had to sell his stuff - so take what he says from that standpoint and not a personal attack (since the mods w/not allow that ;) )

Personally, I will reiterate what Muck said in that you should pay the $84 if you can afford it and you are on these boards enough to feel like it is something you would miss if they were gone (i.e. like me). If $84 is too much for you, you pretty decent benefit for free, so just donate what you afford, when you can afford it via paypal.

Everyone hates to have to ask for the money, so make it easy please.

P.S. there are more than 7 premium members, there are just 7 that have joined during this "campaign".

Unfortunately, I don't have a job. I was going to get one If I stopped playing soccer (which I didn't because enough players showed up) which costs me $410.00 a season. If I had a job, I would pay probably $20 a month every couple of months or so. Unfortunately, I don't so therefore I don't make much money to donate. I seriously doubt my parents would give me cash to pay for a site, they wouldn't understand. If I find a way of gettting a couple of spare dollars, I will send it your way, and that is a promise. :up:

I just want to reiterate.......if you have chosen to donate, whether it's $84 or $8....THANK YOU!! If you're not able to, that's cool too. We totally understand. All we ask is that you continue to post great content and and continue to make this site kickass. :) We don't expect everyone to be able to help out. ESPECIALLY when you're 21 and just bought a house.....IN SAN FRANCISCO. Good lord, that must be expensive. :eek:

canadainfin-fan said:
84$ I pay that much just to talk to my lawyer for 15 minutes :cry: :eek: :shakeno:
$84 US would be $1000 Canadian. Man, your lawyers sure make a lot ,eh? :D

ChambersOwnz84 said:
When you put it like that, basically it sounds like you're saying if we're not gonna help(if we have the money), then why bother visit the site?

Sorry, that's just what it sounds like.

But again, like I said...I will donate some money here and there.

That's not how I meant it... I think most people realize my point. I apologize if it came across as indignant... and I realize it was rather blunt, however, with donations down, and registrations up, blunt and to the point does not seem out of line to me.
My point was... that a few have been providing this forum, and all it has to offer, for the many. It's been because of the time, money, devotion, dedication, and effort of fewer than 1% of the members, that over 4000 registered members and countless guests can enjoy what began as a young teen's hobby, and evolved into what it is now. An outstanding community of fans, with more to offer than most pay sites... with no monetary requirement.
Are we asking for help? Yes, because we have to, not because we want to profit from it, but because we need help to keep it going. Do we give nothing in return? No... Premium members enjoy more "perks", and are privy to inside info about the site, and part of decisions relating to FinHeaven.
Do we want those who don't contribute to feel guilty? Absolutely not. This site is for EVERYONE, not just those who contibute... but if you read through AJ's thread stuck at the top of this forum, and see some of the initial responses to his original post about Premium Membership... you may understand the frustration felt by Gram, myself, Muck, TT, AJ, P4E and all of us who contribute time, money, and effort... simply for the sake of the site that everyone enjoys.

I did not initially mean to single you out... just that your comment was one of many that struck a nerve. Everyone who has contributed has made a sacrafice of some sort, in order to do so.... that type of sentiment seemed to undermine that.....

Prime Time said:
Unfortunately, I don't have a job. I was going to get one If I stopped playing soccer (which I didn't because enough players showed up) which costs me $410.00 a season. If I had a job, I would pay probably $20 a month every couple of months or so. Unfortunately, I don't so therefore I don't make much money to donate. I seriously doubt my parents would give me cash to pay for a site, they wouldn't understand. If I find a way of gettting a couple of spare dollars, I will send it your way, and that is a promise. :up:

PT... Good Lord, a young teen with no income... how could you possibly contribute? You should be saving your pennies... members such as yourself are not who we are targeting with this campaign... nor the likes of Samphin, etc... if you can't, you can't! We want NOBODY to take food off their table for this site. (we will, however, take any scraps that fall to the floor! ;) )
I've seen you grow in maturity in leaps and bounds on this site... that we may have had a hand in that, is payment enough! ;)

Back
Top Bottom