Do You Guys Get Why This Team Needs Tannehill Now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Get Why This Team Needs Tannehill Now?

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
We all know Tannehill's flaws. He doesn't ever dominate the competition. His field vision at times is lacking. He can crumble under pressure. He's not the QB you envision when you draft one number 7 overall.

Still, people have gotten way too excited about Brock putting up yardage and at least playing competent in his absence. Like a lot of NFL QB's, he's got some things he does positive, and those are usually different than the other guy. Brock has felt pressure pretty well, stayed fluid, lead an offense that could stay on the field and convert at least a few third downs, etc. He's played three games and the offense was the better of our two units in all three games. I wanted Brock here last year, and he has vindicated me, as he has played better than Cutler and would have been less damaging to team chemistry than bringing in an annointed starter who wasn't good. He has been accurate on short and intermediate routes.

After three games though, you see why some guys are not starter material in this league. Osweiler just doesn't have the ability to make big plays. Except for the Pats game, Tannehill nailed a pretty significant big play at some point in the game, case in point him getting Stills on a toe-tapper in the back of the end zone against the Raiders. Our team didn't play well in that 3-0 stretch, and the big plays Tannehill made amongst a lot of mediocrity were a difference in the game. There's a reason why Tannehill had been on a great run with Gase. For the first time in his career he found a way to put games away and make things happen in the fourth quarter. There were so many times tonight where we settled for FG's because of third down plays where Osweiler gave up on a play after being driven from the pocket, and he could have at least attempted running for a couple yards rather than throwing the ball out of bounds. In the second half, getting field goals in those moments instead of first downs effectively sealed the game.

We were reasonably productive on offense tonight and we only scored 23 points in a game that basically became a shootout. Though the Texans pass rush was tough we weren't outmanned in any aspect tonight. Tannehill starting at QB probably makes less plays overall but I think he has no problem scoring 23 tonight. I'm ready to see him back in action and hope I see it soon, especially if Parker is ready to roll.

Tannehill wouldn’t have made any difference tonight, and that’s his problem he’s not a game changer. He’s at best a game manager and even that sometimes he’s not even capable of. I’ve been a Tannehill supporter for awhile but I think it’s time to strip it down we aren’t anywhere close to being a good team. Cut ties with Tannehill and old pricey vets, stock up on picks and rebuild again. It’s not the sexy or fun thing to do since it’s what we always do but you either have to progress or regress maintaining mediocrity is the worst thing possible In the NFL

Miami wasn’t winning with any qb tonight with that defense.

You may be right, but tell me you weren't a little disappointed every time this offense could have kept pace and we didn't threw the ball away on third down when not making a play was basically losing the game.

I lost count of how many plays Brock left on the field today.

To think this is a lateral move is mind boggling. Wait til you see the all 22 of this.

3rd and 4 vs cover 2 late stares it down which brings the safety to dvp incomplete.

And on and on. He’s hot garbage

Pure hot garbage

You may be right, but tell me you weren't a little disappointed every time this offense could have kept pace and we didn't threw the ball away on third down when not making a play was basically losing the game.

Don’t do this to yourself. Either Tannehill would of struggled moving inside the pocket and we would of blamed the oline or we would of faulted missing Stills and Wilson.

This guy Ryan Tannehill is more skilled than Brock, but he has proven time and time again against physical fronts on the road. . . . He is almost always TRASH.

Put him in a no rush 7 on 7 offense and he is fire. Put him in a normal NFL offense and its 19.7 points per game.

We all know Tannehill's flaws. He doesn't ever dominate the competition. His field vision at times is lacking. He can crumble under pressure. He's not the QB you envision when you draft one number 7 overall.

Still, people have gotten way too excited about Brock putting up yardage and at least playing competent in his absence. Like a lot of NFL QB's, he's got some things he does positive, and those are usually different than the other guy. Brock has felt pressure pretty well, stayed fluid, lead an offense that could stay on the field and convert at least a few third downs, etc. He's played three games and the offense was the better of our two units in all three games. I wanted Brock here last year, and he has vindicated me, as he has played better than Cutler and would have been less damaging to team chemistry than bringing in an annointed starter who wasn't good. He has been accurate on short and intermediate routes.

After three games though, you see why some guys are not starter material in this league. Osweiler just doesn't have the ability to make big plays. Except for the Pats game, Tannehill nailed a pretty significant big play at some point in the game, case in point him getting Stills on a toe-tapper in the back of the end zone against the Raiders. Our team didn't play well in that 3-0 stretch, and the big plays Tannehill made amongst a lot of mediocrity were a difference in the game. There's a reason why Tannehill had been on a great run with Gase. For the first time in his career he found a way to put games away and make things happen in the fourth quarter. There were so many times tonight where we settled for FG's because of third down plays where Osweiler gave up on a play after being driven from the pocket, and he could have at least attempted running for a couple yards rather than throwing the ball out of bounds. In the second half, getting field goals in those moments instead of first downs effectively sealed the game.

We were reasonably productive on offense tonight and we only scored 23 points in a game that basically became a shootout. Though the Texans pass rush was tough we weren't outmanned in any aspect tonight. Tannehill starting at QB probably makes less plays overall but I think he has no problem scoring 23 tonight. I'm ready to see him back in action and hope I see it soon, especially if Parker is ready to roll.
Brady,Rodgers,(any hall of famer)
Still going to lose with defensive and Defense of coach and head coach they are horrific!

Back
Top Bottom