Do You Guys Get Why This Team Needs Tannehill Now? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Guys Get Why This Team Needs Tannehill Now?

Don’t do this to yourself. Either Tannehill would of struggled moving inside the pocket and we would of blamed the oline or we would of faulted missing Stills and Wilson.

This guy Ryan Tannehill is more skilled than Brock, but he has proven time and time again against physical fronts on the road. . . . He is almost always TRASH.

Put him in a no rush 7 on 7 offense and he is fire. Put him in a normal NFL offense and its 19.7 points per game.

The tape guys are scared when any other quarterback is on the field. They watch those replays and somehow brainstorm that Tannehill would have made every perfect read and every perfect throw. Tannehill scores twice as many points in the mental ping pong game than he ever manages when actually on the field.

We all know Tannehill's flaws. He doesn't ever dominate the competition. His field vision at times is lacking. He can crumble under pressure. He's not the QB you envision when you draft one number 7 overall.

Still, people have gotten way too excited about Brock putting up yardage and at least playing competent in his absence. Like a lot of NFL QB's, he's got some things he does positive, and those are usually different than the other guy. Brock has felt pressure pretty well, stayed fluid, lead an offense that could stay on the field and convert at least a few third downs, etc. He's played three games and the offense was the better of our two units in all three games. I wanted Brock here last year, and he has vindicated me, as he has played better than Cutler and would have been less damaging to team chemistry than bringing in an annointed starter who wasn't good. He has been accurate on short and intermediate routes.

After three games though, you see why some guys are not starter material in this league. Osweiler just doesn't have the ability to make big plays. Except for the Pats game, Tannehill nailed a pretty significant big play at some point in the game, case in point him getting Stills on a toe-tapper in the back of the end zone against the Raiders. Our team didn't play well in that 3-0 stretch, and the big plays Tannehill made amongst a lot of mediocrity were a difference in the game. There's a reason why Tannehill had been on a great run with Gase. For the first time in his career he found a way to put games away and make things happen in the fourth quarter. There were so many times tonight where we settled for FG's because of third down plays where Osweiler gave up on a play after being driven from the pocket, and he could have at least attempted running for a couple yards rather than throwing the ball out of bounds. In the second half, getting field goals in those moments instead of first downs effectively sealed the game.

We were reasonably productive on offense tonight and we only scored 23 points in a game that basically became a shootout. Though the Texans pass rush was tough we weren't outmanned in any aspect tonight. Tannehill starting at QB probably makes less plays overall but I think he has no problem scoring 23 tonight. I'm ready to see him back in action and hope I see it soon, especially if Parker is ready to roll.

We need Tannehill for what exactly? 194 yards of fire? I've seen enough. If we could splice Osweiller's natural QB instincts and gunslinger mentality with Tannehill' s physical talents, we'd have something at QB...but of course we're unable to do that. Neither QB is the answer, and if fans were legitimately giddy about Osweiller, then that's on them. I'm just along for the ride. The season is toast.

Brock on.

You can’t have the qb leave that many plays on the field.

No doubt the d was awful but when the plays are there to be made the qb needs to make them.

And if I’m counting double digit errors from the qb he’s not getting it done.

Bobby mccain was the worst player on the field today but Brock was second.

True. Good thing Tannehill doesn't do that every week, right?

I’m just glad that once Tannehill gets healthy, we have a decent backup behind Osweiler.

Seriously, who cares? This debate is pointless, useless, and pathetic.

Tannehill is a marginal NFL starter with a cap hit of $26M who has never played in a playoff game. Osweiler is on the same level and makes $880K currently. Take your pick....expensive garbage or cheap garbage.

Fortunately neither QB will be here next year

Ryan's previous Thursday road games doesn't give me any hope the outcome would have been any different. 14 points in Buffalo, 7 in New England and 7 in Cincinnati.

So no.

Tannehill-Jesus.jpg

You can't win football games when your defense keeps giving up TD's and huge chunk plays. I've never seen a Dolphin defense get taken apart like the last few games. If we don't fire Burke I wonder what you have to do to get fired. His unit is sinking our ship. Get a real DC in here. The wheels have come off this defense.

I can’t believe that Tammy fans still think that he is a QB. Tammy wouldn’t have done any better last night and if you don’t understand that then you are delusional. BO and Tammy are not the answer but BO is a lot cheaper until we draft a QB.

Do you see why we need a QB who is not injury prone?

We still put more points up last night w Brock than we do w Ryan. Neither one is capable of marching a team score for score into the 40’s. We stink.

We still put more points up last night w Brock than we do w Ryan. Neither one is capable of marching a team score for score into the 40’s. We stink.

When was the last time we scored 40+ points? I can’t remember lol

Back
Top Bottom