Do You Remember When? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Remember When?

Even late in Dan’s career during the J.J. years I saw him in person from the 3rd row up here vs the Jets who had Neil O’Donnel at QB.

The difference in how those two processed and got the ball out was striking. Dan was so decisive and the ball always went to the open guy. O’Donnel was hesitant (led to some sacks) and even so, taking longer to get the ball out, at times didn’t see wide open guys doing jumping jacks calling for the ball. You don’t appreciate this stuff on TV the way you can in person. The differences in these two men’s abilities were magnified. Oh, and Dan had a huge game that day w over 300 and ripped the Jets leaving Parcels in a foul mood.
Spot on post.

Key words here are

Decisive
Hesitant

Seems we could plug in some current NFL names here and explain some sacks and lack of consistent production couldn’t we?

More so than the running game said:
For me -- that was the greater "crime."

For gawds snakes give Dan an aggressive D and rack up titles galore...

Spot on post.

Key words here are

Decisive
Hesitant

Seems we could plug in some current NFL names here and explain some sacks and lack of consistent production couldn’t we?
Yep - O’Dinnel was no slouch - he went to a SB. You could put almost all the current QBs minus the top 5-7 in a similar bucket!

Yep - O’Dinnel was no slouch - he went to a SB. You could put almost all the current QBs minus the top 5-7 in a similar bucket!
The infamous “bucketizing of the NFL quarterback because outside of the top 5-7 they are all interchangeable!” argument.

The infamous “bucketizing of the NFL quarterback because outside of the top 5-7 they are all interchangeable!” argument.
Well, I think there are only a few truly special QBs at any given time in the league. When Dan played it was him and Montana then Elway, Kelly, Moon or so. Probably forgetting someone. Watching those clips though, it defies all logic to think we’ll ever see anything like that again. He was so unbelievable.

Really enjoyed watching that. Thanks!
Commenting on the announcing, though, I find it funny listening to how much importance they give to scoring updates from other games and the scores from baseball games. Just a different era, but nowadays nobody comments on that stuff. It's just too easy to find it all on the internet. But back in the day, I remember being stuck watching a different game and living for those updates on the Miami game. Or better yet, having to wait for the Monday Night game at half time to see highlights from a Sunday Miami game.

Back
Top Bottom