Do you think Zach is Hall of Fame worthy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Zach is Hall of Fame worthy?

gottahavefootba said:
Ray gets more attention because he jumps all over the field and acts like a maniac. He brings the attention to himself. he jumps on a pile after the play is dead and jumps all over the place.
If he was just a quiet guy and played the way he does nobody would think he is as great as you say. A very good lb yes, but not as great as he is made out.

I disagree. Lewis is not the player he was, but he was a game changer. He was FEARED. He was game planned against and still basically unstoppable. Not only that, but he raises the level of play of the players around him. Ray Lewis is a legitimate HOFer. Zach Thomas, on the other hand, is not. He doesn't take over a game and dominate it. Sure he gets alot of tackles. But the system he's played in has helped his stats alot. There is more to being a great LB than tackles. Zach is good, he has a lot of heart. But I just don't see him in the HOF. he just isn't GREAT. And the HOF is reserved for GREAT players. How can anyone honestly call ZT great? If Zach ever does make the Hall, it will be 25 - 30 years down the road. He'll be an old man when he walks up to the podium, if he ever walks up at all.

He would need to play great on a SB winning team

Speaking of which, Monk played on the Redskins 1991 Superbowl Champion team (Bills fans can jump in here at any time and explain how important he was to the Redskins) that went 14-2, finished #1 on offense and #2 on defense and is generally considered on of the Top-5 Teams in NFL History. Monk led the team in catches that year and had over 1,000 yards receiving and 8 TD's. In the NFC Championship game he caught 5 passes for 94 yards and a TD and in the Superbowl he caught 7 passes for 113 yards.
He played a key role for a truly great team, does that not push him over the top and into what you consider to be the class of receivers that truly belong in the hall?

20.J.G.18 said:
Speaking of which, Monk played on the Redskins 1991 Superbowl Champion team (Bills fans can jump in here at any time and explain how important he was to the Redskins) that went 14-2, finished #1 on offense and #2 on defense and is generally considered on of the Top-5 Teams in NFL History. Monk led the team in catches that year and had over 1,000 yards receiving and 8 TD's. In the NFC Championship game he caught 5 passes for 94 yards and a TD and in the Superbowl he caught 7 passes for 113 yards.
He played a key role for a truly great team, does that not push him over the top and into what you consider to be the class of receivers that truly belong in the hall?

Yes it does. I think the HOF can sometime be a glorified popularity contest as is the Pro bowl selections sometimes. I believe that he should have been selected already.

20.J.G.18 said:

monk should be in the hall for sure

<3 the posse

20.J.G.18 said:
Ray gets more attention because he's the best LB of his generation and is one of the best players in NFL history. I like Zach a lot, IMO he's the 2nd best MLB in the NFL but comparing him to Ray is barking up the wrong tree. How many Superbowls has Zach carried his team to? How many defensive player of the year awards has Zach won?

Cmon now its not like Ray Lewis carried this team to the superbowl on his back, if he's so great they should be close to Super Bowl all the time by your logic. Some of the most mediocre players have played and been on winning teams in Super Bowl. Awards are subjective, as far as stats they are very close. Ray gets way too much props for his so called leadership but I will give you he is one hell of a player. I think in reality its a good comparism but many have this perception that Ray is a 100 % monster on the field. Like we have never seen either of these linebackers get ran the hell over. Lawrence Taylor struck much more fear into opposing offenses then either of these guys ever will.

nyjunc said:
Absolutely not, very good player but he was never a great player and certainly not an all-time great.

NEVER A GREAT PLAYER!!!! Yea, you must be a Jets fan....:goof:

i say zach is, but to others i think it ill depend on how he finnishes his career

The Hall of Fame is for once in a generation players. Players that defined the NFL, players that defined thier teams.

I just don't see Zach Thomas in that light...heck, many of you already think Channing Crowder is going to replace him before long. Plus he hasn't even been the best D player on your team, Jason Taylor was.

Also, his lack of postseason success hurts him.

He won't be in the hall, but he will probably be on your wall of fame, or whatvever you call it in SoFlo

igor79 said:
he needs a ring first...

What does people think that you need a ring to get into the Hall?

It just doesnt make any sense to me.

Losman7 said:
The Hall of Fame is for once in a generation players. Players that defined the NFL, players that defined thier teams.

I just don't see Zach Thomas in that light...heck, many of you already think Channing Crowder is going to replace him before long. Plus he hasn't even been the best D player on your team, Jason Taylor was.

Also, his lack of postseason success hurts him.

He won't be in the hall, but he will probably be on your wall of fame, or whatvever you call it in SoFlo

that would be "RING" you know ...errr maybe you don't, sorry :eek:

PhinDude88 said:

He dosen't, but he hasn't really ever had success in the postseason...thats where great players are made. At that point its more of a national stage.

PhinDude88 said:

A good player can get into the Hall with a few rings...it takes DOMINATION to get there without one an Zach hasnt done that...I think if he has at least one good run through the playoffs where he makes a difference he might have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom