Do you think Zach is Hall of Fame worthy? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Zach is Hall of Fame worthy?

gottahavefootba said:
Ray gets more attention because he jumps all over the field and acts like a maniac. He brings the attention to himself. he jumps on a pile after the play is dead and jumps all over the place.
If he was just a quiet guy and played the way he does nobody would think he is as great as you say. A very good lb yes, but not as great as he is made out.

You got it. I've watched Lewis for years and thought he was a good LB, but the way people talk about him you would think he was better than Lawrence Taylor. He's very good, but not one of the greatest ever. How about LT, Butkus, Singletary, Derrick Thomas, Offerdahl, Cornelius Bennett, Jack Ham, Ted Hendricks, Hugh Green, Greg LLoyd etc. etc.

Vote is Yes

He has done it year after year, he should go to the HOF.

jlfin said:
You got it. I've watched Lewis for years and thought he was a good LB, but the way people talk about him you would think he was better than Lawrence Taylor. He's very good, but not one of the greatest ever. How about LT, Butkus, Singletary, Derrick Thomas, Offerdahl, Cornelius Bennett, Jack Ham, Ted Hendricks, Hugh Green, Greg LLoyd etc. etc.

If you are gonna include, Derrick Thomas, Offerdahl, Bennett, Green, Lloyd, etc., then you have to include Ray Lewis. He may not be LT or Butkus be he is bar none the best MLB since 1997 (2nd year, 183 tackles). Zach Thomas has been a good player since his career started but he is hardly a game changer. Ray Lewis lead a defense that won the superbowl with Trent Dilfer at QB.

there are no current players on the team that will make it into the HOF..just a fact, individually the dolphins are not that good, but together some day could be great.

A team to look to is Buffalo in my opnion, There defense is stacked and they can spread the ball now, you watch come January they will be in the playoffs, I think that JP kid will be the 2005 BIG BEN, he won't have to carry the load. There are some futute hall of famers there.

Stampede201 said:
there are no current players on the team that will make it into the HOF..just a fact, individually the dolphins are not that good, but together some day could be great.

A team to look to is Buffalo in my opnion, There defense is stacked and they can spread the ball now, you watch come January they will be in the playoffs, I think that JP kid will be the 2005 BIG BEN, he won't have to carry the load. There are some futute hall of famers there.

Ever hear of Junior Seau?

phinphan11 said:
Jim Kelly palyed great, but not on a SB winning team and he still made the HOF. This is not to say that Zach has matched Kelly's all time numbers, either.

Jim Kelly was the leader of a team that went to 4 straight Super Bowls, Zach is the leader of a D that always folds in the big spot and has never come close to getting to a SB- that's a HUGE difference.

No. As much as we may love him, he's not a dominating force. It won't happen.

GRYPHONK said:
What he has done has been part of a 72-7 blowout in the 2nd round. Was part of a defense that allowed Terry Allen almost rush for 200 yards in a playoff game.

Hey now ! This is grossly inaccurate. We lost that game to Jax by only 62 - 7.

When you say it like that, it almost seems like it was less humiliating. Truly that was the most wretched game we ever played.

jguig said:

When you say it like that, it almost seems like it was less humiliating. Truly that was the most wretched game we ever played.

:lol:

as bad as that game was and as embarrassing as it was I almost think I'd rather lose like that then to lose the way we did to Pitt by missing 2 makeable FGs. At least there is no second guessing when you get beat that bad.

He has some incredible and consistent numbers (tackles) over the years... I think he should be going to the Hall of Fame. Look at who's there now, he definitely belongs.

jguig said:

LOL

Sorry!!! 62-7

Sometimes great players get overlooked because they just quietly go about doing their job....Zach reminds me a lot of Randy Gradishar who played LB for the Denver Broncos....a regular Pro Bowl player but not a firey guy....if Zach jumped up and down and danced like Ray Lewis he would get the same pub.....if you check the stats, Zack and Ray Lewis have virtually the same amount of tackles, and similar stats. Ray does have a SB ring, however. But I think 3-4 more solid years and Zach will be a lock...I also think Seau is a 1st ballot HOF'mer, and so is JT.

If Zach Thomas were to retire today and never play another nfl game i would say no. I believe he has done more than anyone could ask him for based on size and speed. He is a great middle linebacker. Hall of fame worthy not yet. If thomas were to hang around a few more seasons and play productively i could see him getting in. Either way hell have to wait a while

Career Stats

Lewis 128 Games 1250 T 22.5 Sacks 28 INT 1 TD 7 FR 69 PD

Zach 133 Games 1263 T 13.5 Sacks 15 INT 4 TD 9 FR 52 PD

Just for fun

Singletary 179 Games 1488 T 19 Sacks 7 INT 0 TD 12 FR

Stats are very close.

Lewis has such intangibles as winning the Super Bowl and leading a top ranked D.

Zach has such intangibles as being of high character and an extremly hard worker.

It will be close but if Zach can put together 3 or 4 more solid years he may get in. Of course a Championship or two would help him greatly.

He'll always be a Hall of Famer to me :)

Back
Top Bottom