Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doctors win, "Lemmings" lose!

Damn. Are you not afraid of jinxing the poor guy? Please don’t push this narrative. I’m a huge Tua fan and hope he can stay healthy for years to come, but you cannot deny the possibility that if he gets another one, he, and the doctors, may decide it’s time to retire.
Yes, Yes, I can deny it.
The doctors said so. - LOL

Tua is not prone to concussions? Ok. Thank the heavens. Biologically, we’re straight. Right? Is biologically the right word there?

But that a guy who falls as awkward as Tua almost every time he goes down is not more likely to get a concussion, I don’t need med school to tell me Tua is not a safe bet IF YOU HAD to put money on the situation.

He’s got to learn to protect himself. Throw the ball away. F@ck it. Make it an intentional grounding. I’ll take the penalty ALL DAY EVERY DAY rather than see Tua get hurt.

From a guy like me who was VERY MUCH on the fence on Tua, I believe Tua has shown more than significant evidence that he could be great, not just good- historical.

But the VERY SIMPLE fact is that if he can’t stay on the field- obviously this goes for any player- he’s no good to any one. I’m sorry.

I’ll quote Alec Baldwin from ‘Glenn Gary Glen Ross’: “Nice guy, I don’t give a ****. Good father, f@ck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here, close.”

I know how absolutely callous that sounds. Tua is a human being and seems to be a fine one at that. But this is life, big daddy. Don’t show up to your job even for a befallen illness that’s not your fault and just bad luck, see how long they keep you around.

Tua not being prone to concussions doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s small and moves awkwardly. It doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s now the poster boy in the NFL for concussions and that they’ll always have the magnifying glass on him now. So technically this news matters not. I’m happy to hear it. But it really doesn’t change the situation at all.

I know that every time hereto forward that Tua takes a hit, I’ll be holding my eyes tightly closed praying to an any God who will listen, “Please be okay.”

How to fall is a totally different conversation.
Nice point to make.

Ridiculously wordy post to say it. - LOL

lemmings GIF

How to fall is a totally different conversation.
Nice point to make.

Ridiculously wordy post to say it. - LOL
Thank you for not being unkind but my point is that no matter what anyone says, it’s never going to feel safe to have Tua back there- ever.

Awkward movement, fragility, or the NFL being overzealously cautious so he’ll have to come out for some hard hit that isn’t really a concussion, it’s going to be pins and needles any time he’s under pressure.

Every post you make just screams lonely old codger. How far off am I

I think what the doctors are trying to say doesn't actually conflict with most of your rant. Concussions in general are not easily diagnosed. Certainly they are not cut and dry like an ACL or a broken bone. There is no debate that Tua needs to make a big adjustment in how he processes the situation when he's under pressure from the opponent. I am absolutely certain that this will become a major point of his offseason development with both his personal trainer and the team trainer. His size has no effect on that. He's not particularly small - 6'1" and 217 lbs...he's had some ankle issues that were cleared up with tightrope surgery and a very unfortunate and severe hip dislocation that thankfully looks like it has healed satisfactorally. He has not had concussion issues in the past...just this year - where he had a series of concussions in a relatively short period of time. As we are all learning during this journey, that is not good. He showed a lot of fight in trying to take the field and in hindsight, probably came back to early. Now he is healing up and has the time in the offseason to completely re-evaluate how he approaches the position. For the record, he has had a thumb, cracked ribs from a vicious hit in Buffalo by Epenesa (behind the worst Oline in the NFL). Anyway, to say that he can't stay on the field is overblown. He is recovering from a series of concussions in a short period of time. If you accept that he has shown remarkable improvement under McD and a significantly improved OLine (not where we want it but night and day from 2021) then you must accept that he deserves to recover. What you cannot do is compare the concussions to a "befallen illness" because they are not an illness. How you personally handle Tua getting hit in the future is kinda up to you...sure hold your eyes tightly and pray to any God that listens...whatever works for you! The Dolphins are putting their money on Tua and so am I. Sounds like you are too but with conditions...fair enough. Tua can be great - on that we can agree!

On a board infested with "Lemmings", a "ray" of light in the form of reason.

The doctors said so. - LOL

Would you agree that he is no different than any other human, he can now retire and live with other humans? Football field on Sundays is another story.

mE04Ah.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom