Does anyone else see defensive tackle as a problem? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone else see defensive tackle as a problem?

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have 2 very old starters at the position. If one of them goes down then we could be in very big trouble. We need to get someone in either the draft or free agency as an insurance policy. Our best backup at defensive tackle is manny wright. I am not saying that is a bad thing but he is not ready to be a starter yet. It would be nice to have a good backup at the position. We saw the problems that were caused when one of our starters at defensive tackle was missing last season.

I think Manny Wright is ready to step up his level of play. We also have Vickerson, who everyone was raving about (on the team, not here) but he tore his acl on a cheap shot in the preseason. If Saban likes what he sees with these guys we may not need to bring in anybody.

There is always Josh Shaw! Kidding.

Other than Sam Adams (Bills), I think they are keeping tabs on Rashad Moore (Seahawks).

An interesting RFA(NC) option is Kenderick Allen (Giants).

There is the other possibility that someone like Kris Jenkins (Panthers) or Warren Sapp (Raiders) is cut in a CAP move in the coming weeks.

Adam First said:
Vickerson and Manny Wright are the future at the position.

i could agree with Manny Wright but Vickerson!?!?! I am not sure we should be banking on a 7th rounder to be the future just yet. I am not saying that all 7th rounders are bad. I just dont think Vickerson has the potential to be a starter. He seems more to turn into a role type player.

Vickerson was looking solid before he got hurt. Manny should be a better player this year. Carter can play inside. So can Holliday. We are still looking at Sam Adams.

Not a huge area of need, IMO.

finsgonewild said:
i could agree with Manny Wright but Vickerson!?!?! I am not sure we should be banking on a 7th rounder to be the future just yet. I am not saying that all 7th rounders are bad. I just dont think Vickerson has the potential to be a starter. He seems more to turn into a role type player.

Guys like Kevin Carter spoke out heavily for Vickerson, saying he was miles ahead of Manny. How you can say Manny is the future but not Vickerson is beyond me. I'm not claiming either one are gonna be a force as a DT, but don't count out Vickerson just because he was a 7th rounder.

I like Manny Wright for the future but not right now. Vonnie Holliday will be fine this season but I think we need to get a Sam Adams to clog that middle. Keith Traylor doesn't get it done like he used to.

I would be very pleased with this DT lineup:

1. Sam Adams
2. Vonnie Holliday
3. Manny Wright

Neither Vickerson or Wright project as future NT's. That's what this team needs as our only one is Traylor and possibly Zgonina who are 37 and 36.

Sirspud said:
I think Manny Wright is ready to step up his level of play. We also have Vickerson, who everyone was raving about (on the team, not here) but he tore his acl on a cheap shot in the preseason. If Saban likes what he sees with these guys we may not need to bring in anybody.

i do believe he is as well adn should be a huge contributer when ready

Before he got hurt vs ATL, Vickerson was playing good in the preseason. Was getting good push in the middle and the Vets liked his work ethic .He looks like he's got lots of potential . Hopefully the injury wont effect him in the future, till this Im still upset at that cheap shot by that Falcons O-Linemen.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I like Manny Wright for the future but not right now. Vonnie Holliday will be fine this season but I think we need to get a Sam Adams to clog that middle. Keith Traylor doesn't get it done like he used to.

I would be very pleased with this DT lineup:

1. Sam Adams
2. Vonnie Holliday
3. Manny Wright

Thats pretty hard to prove- he had a very nice season. But I would also like to add Adams.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Keith Traylor doesn't get it done like he used to.

based on what? based on his age? did you watch him this past season? he did GREAT. obviousely this is most likely his last season, but i dont doubt for a MINUTE he will give us another very solid season.

like others have mentioned, i really dont see DT being a problem at all, especially this season. holliday/carter, traylor, wright, vickerson...and maybe sam adams? im definately not stressing.

That was a cheap shot against Vickerson. I remember that play perfectly and the anouncer said there was nothing wrong with that shotin the NFL and it was a perfect block. BULL S***.

Back
Top Bottom