Does anyone else see defensive tackle as a problem? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone else see defensive tackle as a problem?

Are you all saying Bunkley isnt on the board at #16?? Cause thats the only way they pick Watson, or the Texas NT over him.

picking a dt with our highest draft pick would be ridiculous. we have very capable depth at that position. holliday, carter, traylow, zgonina, wright an dpossibly sam adams....were more than set at that position

Well we have Traylor for one more year right? but Holliday is solid Wright can play and Vikcerson is uptapped talent htey all can be good our D-line will be good for a while

Saban wants to get younger on defense. Defensive line is the oldest unit on defense.

Zgonina is 35
Keith Traylor is 36
Kevin Carter is 32
Vonnie Holliday is 31
Jason Taylor is 32

If Broderick Bunkley is there at #16, he will be a Miami Dolphin, but the fact of the matter is that Bunkley ran a 4.18 short shuttle. Attach that to his strength and video tapes, he's a Top 10 talent.

With the Will Allen signing, looks to me like DT and WR are the positions for the first pick.

Sirspud said:
Guys like Kevin Carter spoke out heavily for Vickerson, saying he was miles ahead of Manny. How you can say Manny is the future but not Vickerson is beyond me. I'm not claiming either one are gonna be a force as a DT, but don't count out Vickerson just because he was a 7th rounder.

so was Hadnot.....He's turning out pretty well for us :)

I like Bunkley as well, but he is not a NT. He will be able to play end and DT, and would replace Vonnie Holliday by year 2. With that said that does not get us younger at NT though. I think if we get Sam Adams that will give us another year or two to develop a rookie NT that we get out of either this or next years draft.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Saban wants to get younger on defense. Defensive line is the oldest unit on defense.

Zgonina is 35
Keith Traylor is 36
Kevin Carter is 32
Vonnie Holliday is 31
Jason Taylor is 32

If Broderick Bunkley is there at #16, he will be a Miami Dolphin, but the fact of the matter is that Bunkley ran a 4.18 short shuttle. Attach that to his strength and video tapes, he's a Top 10 talent.

With the Will Allen signing, looks to me like DT and WR are the positions for the first pick.

This guy's post is 100% spot on. Please, everyone, if you have not read this post, read it. If you already have....then read it again!

Sirspud said:
Guys like Kevin Carter spoke out heavily for Vickerson, saying he was miles ahead of Manny. How you can say Manny is the future but not Vickerson is beyond me. I'm not claiming either one are gonna be a force as a DT, but don't count out Vickerson just because he was a 7th rounder.

You're right...Vickerson is Kevin Carter's boy. I have high hopes for Vickerson.

PALMA said:
This guy's post is 100% spot on. Please, everyone, if you have not read this post, read it. If you already have....then read it again!

I agree with the DT take...But you're miles off on a WR in the 1st round.

finsgonewild said:
i could agree with Manny Wright but Vickerson!?!?! I am not sure we should be banking on a 7th rounder to be the future just yet. I am not saying that all 7th rounders are bad. I just dont think Vickerson has the potential to be a starter. He seems more to turn into a role type player.

He was a 7th rounder for reasons other than physical ability, if I recall.

well, I dont think we have realeased the guy from St louis (cant remember his name off the bat). He had a good year last year. Zgonina, thats it.

Just resign big daddy Traylor and we will do just fine.

finsgonewild said:
We have 2 very old starters at the position. If one of them goes down then we could be in very big trouble. We need to get someone in either the draft or free agency as an insurance policy. Our best backup at defensive tackle is manny wright. I am not saying that is a bad thing but he is not ready to be a starter yet. It would be nice to have a good backup at the position. We saw the problems that were caused when one of our starters at defensive tackle was missing last season.

I believe this will be addressed either in free agency or the Draft, possibly Sam Adams or drafting Gabe Watson.

finsgonewild said:
haloti ngata.... if that is all possible for him to fall to us

Oh lord dude that would be sweet....I would love to see us draft him him with the 16th pick.......but highly unlikely he will be there.

Back
Top Bottom