Does Anyone HONESTLY Know? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anyone HONESTLY Know?

Jaj said:
I'm a QB/WR supporter if we stick at the #2 spot. I really wouldn't mind having Braylon Edwards. That man will be chewing up the Pats and making Rodney Harrison his ***** all day long. With him, Chambers, and Booker we will have a terrifying team!

Hey, I wouldn't exactly kick the dog if we took Braylon at #2 either! I would be excstatic.

However, I'm really really iffy on one of the QB's at #2. You laid down your argument for Brown not being God's gift of a RB and not worthy of #2.

That is exactly how I feel about the two QB's this year. Neither one is a Manning or Roethlisberger. I think both are too big of risks to take that high. Besides, I am one of the proponents of giving Feeley a chance.

Also, if we did take a QB, it would be for the future. Building long term, which I agree with.
But, if that is what we are planning to do, why in the hell did we just sign Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, Tebucky Jones, Stockar McDougal, Spragan, etc...?

If we are TOTALLY concentrated on building for down the road, which drafting a QB would certainly mean, we should have somewhat purged the roster and built up a plethora of draft picks for the next two years.

I just don't think signing all these guys and then drafting a 20 year old QB is a cohesive plan.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey, I wouldn't exactly kick the dog if we took Braylon at #2 either! I would be excstatic.

However, I'm really really iffy on one of the QB's at #2. You laid down your argument for Brown not being God's gift of a RB and not worthy of #2.

That is exactly how I feel about the two QB's this year. Neither one is a Manning or Roethlisburger. I think both are too big of risks to take that high. Besides, I am one of the proponents of giving Feeley a chance.

Also, if we did take a QB, it would be for the future. Building long term, which I agree with.
But, if that is what we are planning to do, why in the hell did we just sign Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday, Tebucky Jones, Stockar McDougal, Spragan, etc...?

If we are TOTALLY concentrated on building for down the road, which drafting a QB would certainly mean, we should have somewhat purged the roster and built up a plethora of draft picks for the next two years.

I just don't think signing all these guys and then drafting a 20 year old QB is a cohesive plan.

Ya Smith is a big time future player, however you could also argue that we signed these guys to very short term deals. Even Carter's deal is structured well. There are plenty of one/two year deals. Braylon at 2 would have me jumping for the moon. THE MAN IS TALENTED

Jaj said:
Ya Smith is a big time future player, however you could also argue that we signed these guys to very short term deals. Even Carter's deal is structured well. There are plenty of one/two year deals. Braylon at 2 would have me jumping for the moon. THE MAN IS TALENTED

Yeah, Jaj, once again, we agree on that.

But my rhetorical question remains. IF we were planning to take Alex Smith, wouldn't you have rathered to surrender a season, maybe go 5-11, save all that money that we just signed these guys to and use it later, and then trade some names and stockpile an absolute motherload of draft picks???

Once again, I just don't think drafting a QB would fit in with what we've done so far.

But I agree, I would be so elated if we took Braylon at #2. Then we could go for our RB in the second round.

Back
Top Bottom