does McDaniel show a new wrinkle to this offense this week? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does McDaniel show a new wrinkle to this offense this week?

McD clearly is a good young coach. But I have a BIG problem with him recognizing and adjusting to his personal weakness.

I’d our backup tackles are getting their butts kicked then you can continue to call these long developing pass plays etc.

If your start Qb is out then you can’t call the same game plan With Bridgewater/Thompson that you would with Tua.

Nothing wrong with playing a lot more conservatively.
He mentioned that he needs to do a better job with that, since that game. I'd expect it to be different if that happens again.

i’m going to the game and i have this feeling that McDaniel is going to break something out that the offense hasn’t done this year.

2 reasons, the 49ers staff knows what he likes to do especially kyle, and i’ve got a feeling he wants to show the teacher he’s no longer a student. only way to do this is to beat them.

i’m thinking he’s got some killer plays he’s reserved just for this game. and if the fins can get out to an early lead it’s the D turn to turn the lights off. this D was built to play with a lead. let’s go fins!
I know we have moderate weather here, but make sure you bring a cold weather jacket. The wind comes into Levi Stadium and cuts like a knife. Better safe than sorry

While McD likes to mix in new wrinkles every week and he’s facing his former boss for the first time, I seriously doubt that he’s been sitting on some major change of pace type of plays for 12 weeks just to bust them out vs an NFC opponent right before we run the gauntlet of AFC contenders to finish our season.

I have a healthy respect for this 49er team- especially their defense, but the more I study them, the more I think Miami can really score a statement win this week. This is a 49er team that has lost to the Bears, Broncos, and Falcons. Those are 3 really bad losses. They’ve literally only played 1 team all season with a potent passing offense (KC) and Mahomes threw for over 400 yards.

Even some of their wins are pretty unimpressive if you ask me. Sure, they shut out a bad offensive Saints team last week, but could only muster 13 points while at home in the process. 2 weeks before that, they were hosting an injury depleted Charger team that had them on the ropes and trailing entering the 4th qtr until they scored the last 9 points of the game.

Don’t get me wrong, if Armstead misses the game or plays seriously hobbled, things could go south for Miami real quick, but I think Dolphin fans are giving the 9ers too much respect heading into this game. I would kill for Miami to be playing SF’s schedule this year and while SF has 3 really bad losses, all 3 of Miami’s losses came at the hands of 3 teams that would qualify for the playoffs as of today.

Bottom line is this: Even in a road game against a good defense, Miami will be able to put at least 21 points on the board and quite honestly, SF struggles to score 20+ if the opposition isn’t giving the ball away.

The real question might be, will he have to?

It's one thing to know what Miami is going to do on Offense...It's another to successfully stop it.

I want to see us rush for 120 with 2 tds and Tua passes for 250+ yds with 2 tds and no ints. But what I would LOVE is if we could beat them down and dominate them physically, even if the final score ends up 3-0 Phins.

Yes I expect to see a new look here or there but that’s pretty standard week to week depending on the opponent and personnel etc. I DON’T think he’s been stashing special plays all season just for this week. As far as X’s and O’s I think coach is looking at this game as any other game. The extra stuff with his personal connections and the storylines are a totally separate thing.

What the Fins are doing right now is pretty game theory optimal tbh... They're basically unexpoitable on offense, when that's the case you dont deviate for the **** of it... I believe they'll adjust to their own roster regarding injuries. But overall, doing what they've been doing will crush pretty much any D in this league.
So how does Miami prevent being exploited with their left tackle out?

No one has stopped our offense, don't think he needs to reinvent the wheel here. I'm sure they'll be some trickery, but we're going to attack until the game is over...
I hope Miami can. It’s hard to go if o line implodes around tua.

While McD likes to mix in new wrinkles every week and he’s facing his former boss for the first time, I seriously doubt that he’s been sitting on some major change of pace type of plays for 12 weeks just to bust them out vs an NFC opponent right before we run the gauntlet of AFC contenders to finish our season.

I have a healthy respect for this 49er team- especially their defense, but the more I study them, the more I think Miami can really score a statement win this week. This is a 49er team that has lost to the Bears, Broncos, and Falcons. Those are 3 really bad losses. They’ve literally only played 1 team all season with a potent passing offense (KC) and Mahomes threw for over 400 yards.

Even some of their wins are pretty unimpressive if you ask me. Sure, they shut out a bad offensive Saints team last week, but could only muster 13 points while at home in the process. 2 weeks before that, they were hosting an injury depleted Charger team that had them on the ropes and trailing entering the 4th qtr until they scored the last 9 points of the game.

Don’t get me wrong, if Armstead misses the game or plays seriously hobbled, things could go south for Miami real quick, but I think Dolphin fans are giving the 9ers too much respect heading into this game. I would kill for Miami to be playing SF’s schedule this year and while SF has 3 really bad losses, all 3 of Miami’s losses came at the hands of 3 teams that would qualify for the playoffs as of today.

Bottom line is this: Even in a road game against a good defense, Miami will be able to put at least 21 points on the board and quite honestly, SF struggles to score 20+ if the opposition isn’t giving the ball away.
I really don’t see SF struggling to put up 21 against our D. Our secondary is not good enough decent to good QBs and Jimmy G is more than capable. He gets a lot of **** but he’s solid. Not everyone can be Rodgers and Brady, that’s why there’s only two of them. We can’t cover TEs and Kittle is a good one and he’ll open things up for their WRs

If the Fins can keep Bosa and co in check and protect Tua without Armstead they will win the game. If Tua doesnt have time and is harassed the whole game, it could be an ugly 13-7 loss.

Back
Top Bottom