does McDaniel show a new wrinkle to this offense this week? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does McDaniel show a new wrinkle to this offense this week?

I really don’t see SF struggling to put up 21 against our D. Our secondary is not good enough decent to good QBs and Jimmy G is more than capable. He gets a lot of **** but he’s solid. Not everyone can be Rodgers and Brady, that’s why there’s only two of them. We can’t cover TEs and Kittle is a good one and he’ll open things up for their WRs

I’ll have to disagree completely. McCaffery might not play, and if he does, it’s obvious that he’s not playing at 100% and now Mitchell is out too. Also, Miami’s major weakness is mobile QB’s and Jimmy G isn’t that type of player. I expect to see our defense have their best showing on the road this season.

I think we see Ezukanma this trip and he becomes another explosive weapon.

We have a clash of the unstoppable force and the immovable object:

Miami Offense - #1 in passing in the middle, passes traveling 15 yards past the LoS or less.
San Fran Defense - #1 in defending passing in the middle, passes traveling 15 yards past the LoS or less.

So many match-ups that are close, and some that aren't. San Fran offense is highly ranked 15 yards or less also...and Miami's defense is not. It's why they play the game...

I really don’t see SF struggling to put up 21 against our D. Our secondary is not good enough decent to good QBs and Jimmy G is more than capable. He gets a lot of **** but he’s solid. Not everyone can be Rodgers and Brady, that’s why there’s only two of them. We can’t cover TEs and Kittle is a good one and he’ll open things up for their WRs
I rewatched the last time we played Jimmy G and he has no pocket presence at all. Five sacks and two ints. And some of the sacks he just gave up before he was even hit. So I am glad he is not the mad scrambler type QB. Keep him in the pocket, and the D will feast.

I rewatched the last time we played Jimmy G and he has no pocket presence at all. Five sacks and two ints. And some of the sacks he just gave up before he was even hit. So I am glad he is not the mad scrambler type QB. Keep him in the pocket, and the D will feast.
Agreed but he is a different QB now
Not a world beater but he plays with guts

This game comes down to one simple thing, if the line can protect Tua we win. SF can’t stop this offensive if he has time in the pocket and he don’t need a ton of time. They can’t match us on the scoreboard.

Miami by 10. No way 9ers can stop our O. No way.
Bold statement, if we do blow them out it would be against the number one defense in the league, that would be great. Our only new wrinkles will be planned for the weaknesses of the 49ers defensive schema since Magic Mike knows it so well.

the 49ers are getting healthy players back. while the fins are gonna be out their starting tackles. fins just need to give tua 2.5 secs…. i’m sure McDaniels will deploy that lays that will take advantage of this.

McDaniel is proving to be a one dimensional fraud and the league has figured him out. Just cover the middle against us and you’re good. Not enough outs, screens, end-arounds or sideline catches. We have all this speed to go horizontal and keep defenders honest. Just look at the Chargers. They faced constant pressure but found a way to make some key short sideline throws to get the first down.

i’m going to the game and i have this feeling that McDaniel is going to break something out that the offense hasn’t done this year.

2 reasons, the 49ers staff knows what he likes to do especially kyle, and i’ve got a feeling he wants to show the teacher he’s no longer a student. only way to do this is to beat them.

i’m thinking he’s got some killer plays he’s reserved just for this game. and if the fins can get out to an early lead it’s the D turn to turn the lights off. this D was built to play with a lead. let’s go fins!
Nope nothing new....less than new.

McDaniel is proving to be a one dimensional fraud and the league has figured him out. Just cover the middle against us and you’re good. Not enough outs, screens, end-arounds or sideline catches. We have all this speed to go horizontal and keep defenders honest. Just look at the Chargers. They faced constant pressure but found a way to make some key short sideline throws to get the first down.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually a MM problem.
If it is, he needs to make some corrections fast.

very puzzling from mcd. He's obv very intelligent...this loss is 80% on him. why no short throws underneath in front of the dropping lbs to move the chains? digs, quick ins, etc....i give him a pass for the sf game but by now should be obv that teams will try what worked. Is it stubborness? I really cannot fathom it, sth doesn't compute

I didn't see tua missing lots of passes today, i saw the same patterns tightly covered into the intermediate middle over and over again

The NFL defenders are too good to always try and go down the middle against them. McDaniel needs to adjust and go more horizontal. Hill was simply unstoppable on KC when he did quick 5 yard outs near the sideline. It balances out the TOP stat and gives the D more rest too.

Back
Top Bottom