does McDaniel show a new wrinkle to this offense this week? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

does McDaniel show a new wrinkle to this offense this week?

It definitely seems like defenses have figured this offense out. Their backup cb's were running our routes for us or in our hip pocket the entire game. We are so dependent on the timing that the physical play kept knocking off our timing and we looked like we weren't on the same page at all.

The NFL defenders are too good to always try and go down the middle against them. McDaniel needs to adjust and go more horizontal. Hill was simply unstoppable on KC when he did quick 5 yard outs near the sideline. It balances out the TOP stat and gives the D more rest too.
It's even more puzzling when you consider our team speed. Mostert, Hill, Waddle, even Wilson are all fast. Even short dump offs or quick hit shallow crossers would yield good YAC. We just won't do it.

If he doesn't recognize that opposing DCs get paid to stop what you do well, he belongs on the "blocked" list.

73zz2a.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually a MM problem.
If it is, he needs to make some corrections fast.
It is a MM problem. I knew from the first series we were in trouble. Coming out with 3 passes. Absurd. The play calling ... it was incredibly annoying. They were routinely taking away the middle of the field, but we keep doing it. Where were the dump offs? now, perhaps Tua needs to shoulder some of the blame here too. He needs to learn to be more patient. But in general I'm .. concerned with MM.

Tua has been coached (I'm guessing) to pat the ball twice and throw to a spot... strictly timing... sure he reads whether the receiver should be open but DC's watch the tape and cover the spot... not rocket science ... I haven't seen any consistency on extending the play when things go south ... tells me he either can't make it happen if it doesn't go the way of the play design or he's coached to trust the system ....Tua has some good/great intangibles, but adlibbing isn't one of them IMO.

On another note.... the first pass to Hill down the sideline wasn't thrown deep enough ... one foot longer it's probably a catch and score. Not tall enough? Arm strength? :shrug: but when you see Herbert scrambling right then rockets a ball across the field for a catch it has to make you wonder.

Tyreek and Jaylen were being rag dolled at the line of scrimmage on every down, disrupting the timing of the play and wearing down both receivers from the time of the snap. Chargers put big guys at line of scrimmage to toss our receivers around before they could run their routes.

Adjustments to our gameplay and style needed to be made in game to account for this change in the way defenses are now playing our receivers.

No adjustment was made.

We got spanked for this failure to adjust our game.

Back
Top Bottom