Does Meyer get fired after today's loss? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Meyer get fired after today's loss?

Well you're wrong about all of it. Bear Bryant was the dolphins first choice but he declined - Shula was their second choice. You're another one that continues to be misinformed about the facts regarding what went on with Saban and Miami to perpetrate a nonsense narrative put forth by the organization and the south Florida media.

Shula was forced out because they wanted him to get rid of Olivadotti and he wouldn't do it. You're lying again, kinda like what you're accusing Saban of doing.

Furthermore, the dolphins ARE the minor leagues. Wake up fella. It ain't 1972 anymore.

I know how and why the Shula family distanced themselves from the organization in his later years. My nephew is married to one of Don and Mary Anne's granddaughters.
I never claimed Shula was the first choice or the 100th choice. I merely stated that he had total control over the hiring of his coaching staff during the years Robbie was the owner. Huizenga did want Shula to change some of his coaching staff after the failed 1995 season but if Shula decided to quit because of that request, it actually fit right into Huizenga being able to hire Johnson. There were already rumors after the season that Huizengawanted to hire Jimmy Johnson. So perhaps going to Shula and requesting he change some of his assistants was Huizenga‘s way of letting Shula make the decision to retire. Especially since Shula had always had 100% control over the hiring and firing of his assistants in his 26 years as the Dolphins HC.

It should be noted Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt, Saban and even Cam Cameron all had 100% control over the assistants they hired and fired while Huizenga was the owner.
As far as Shula distancing himself from the organization is concerned. He was made a Dolphins Vice-Chairman after he retired from coaching and he was in the stadium for many games after retiring from coaching. Obviously he might not have liked the way he was pushed out but it was time for him to go and at least Huizenga made an effort to include him as part of the Dolphins by naming him a vice-chairman.

As an Alabama fan I can see that you are buying into the lies of Saban regarding his time in Miami and why he left. As I stated before, he is a great coach in the minor leagues but he was mediocre in the big leagues and he left before he would have been eventually been fired. He just wasn’t good at dealing with mature players and his ablities as a football coach works better with young impressionable kids.
If you don’t understand that all college football is, is the minor league system for the NFL. You obviously don’t know the difference between professional athletes and the 99.9% of the athletes who play football at the college level. The minor league Dolphins as you call them would destroy the 2021 Crimson Tide on the football field. That is the difference between the major and minor leagues in football.

I never claimed Shula was the first choice or the 100th choice. I merely stated that he had total control over the hiring of his coaching staff during the years Robbie was the owner. Huizenga did want Shula to change some of his coaching staff after the failed 1995 season but if Shula decided to quit because of that request, it actually fit right into Huizenga being able to hire Johnson. There were already rumors after the season that Huizengawanted to hire Jimmy Johnson. So perhaps going to Shula and requesting he change some of his assistants was Huizenga‘s way of letting Shula make the decision to retire. Especially since Shula had always had 100% control over the hiring and firing of his assistants in his 26 years as the Dolphins HC.

It should be noted Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt, Saban and even Cam Cameron all had 100% control over the assistants they hired and fired while Huizenga was the owner.
As far as Shula distancing himself from the organization is concerned. He was made a Dolphins Vice-Chairman after he retired from coaching and he was in the stadium for many games after retiring from coaching. Obviously he might not have liked the way he was pushed out but it was time for him to go and at least Huizenga made an effort to include him as part of the Dolphins by naming him a vice-chairman.

As an Alabama fan I can see that you are buying into the lies of Saban regarding his time in Miami and why he left. As I stated before, he is a great coach in the minor leagues but he was mediocre in the big leagues and he left before he would have been eventually been fired. He just wasn’t good at dealing with mature players and his ablities as a football coach works better with young impressionable kids.
If you don’t understand that all college football is, is the minor league system for the NFL. You obviously don’t know the difference between professional athletes and the 99.9% of the athletes who play football at the college level. The minor league Dolphins as you call them would destroy the 2021 Crimson Tide on the football field. That is the difference between the major and minor leagues in football.

Listen to me - Don had nothing to do with the organization in his later years. The organization wouldn’t let him to give interviews after he was made Vice Chair because they felt he was too loose lipped and tell it like it is about the trash organization they became. They phased him out.

Saban did not have full control of his coaching staff and neither did Shula. I just told you why and you went and read some articles and realized there was no disagreement to be had - then tried to word salad your way into the bottom line of what I already told you. That Shula was forced out because he DIDN’T have control over his coaching staff. Not if he wanted to keep his job.

Saban wanted Will Muschamp to coordinate his defense. The organization wouldn’t let him because they wanted to force somebody on him that had “NFL experience” in Richard Smith. They allowed Saban to create a job for Muschamp and make him assistant head coach in order to keep him on the staff.

The next year Saban again wanted to make Muschamp his DC because of his familiarity with Saban’s defense. They again wouldn’t let him. Muschamp left to take the DC job at Auburn and they again forced Saban to hire somebody with “NFL experience”. Saban hired Dom Capers to be his DC because they had known each other going all the way back to when they were GA’s together at Kent St. in 1973.

Mediocre is an accomplishment considering it was with the dolphins organization. Especially with the quarterbacks he had. Nobody is winning in the NFL without a quarterback. He wanted Brees but Huizenga chose the quack team doctor that misdiagnosed McDuffie’s toe injury instead of taking the advice of the best orthopedic surgeon in the world that operated on Brees’ shoulder in Dr. James Andrews. Who also happens to be the University of Alabama’s team surgeon.

If you think the dolphins medical staff can compete with Alabama’s, you’re a fool. That’s a fact.

The dolphins are a minor league team for the NFL. Alabama stocks the league with talent every year known as the #NickSabanAllStars. Ask your head coach and GM.

Every now and then, Saban will even make a phone call and get one of his assistant coaches that can’t hack it at Bama a job with the dolphins.

There’s a reason why Saban makes almost $10 million a year at Bama and wins championships while nobody with a reputation will touch the dolphins organization with a 10 foot pole. There’s a reason why the owner and GM have to sneak around behind the back of their current coach and beg for other coaches.

There’s a reason Bama is constantly expanding its 100,000 capacity stadium and the dolphins lose in front of 40 people every Sunday.

There’s a reason why so many former NFL head coaches come to work for Saban while the dolphins staff couldn’t get a job at Weber State.

#ROLLETH

I decided to bury the hatchet with Saban long ago. Yeah, he did fail in the NFL - and that was something he knew would be perceived when he left. And he knew his words, which he gave honestly at the time, that he wasn't going to Alabama would haunt him.

At the end of the day he knew he'd be happier in college and at Alabama. He knew his wife was miserable as the wife of an NFL coach in Miami and really longed for the campus atmosphere. He felt like college was a better fit for someone whose opportunity to acquire talent was directly correlated to his skill and work ethic in recruiting, rather than the NFL limitations.

He left the NFL and became the best coach in college football history. He coaches more high level talent at Alabama than his Dolphin teams had, even if its not fully developed, and he plays a key role in guys going from high schoolers to professionals at the top of their craft.

Yeah it sucks that he seemed to promise us as Dolphin fans the world and then deliver uninspiring football. But I've let go of my hate because the older I get, the more I sympathize with people finding the right situation for their happiness.

I watched Don Shula his entire time as the head coach of the Dolphins and I NEVER saw the FO force him to hire an assistant coach. He had 100% control over every assistant coach hired on his staff.

Saban also had 100% control over football operations, which included the hiring and firing of all the assistant coaches on his staff. Saying that one of the reasons he left the Dolphins was because he couldn’t hire the coaches he wanted to hire is totally false.

The reality is that while Saban is an excellent HC at the minor league level. He was average or below at best as a head coach at the professional level. He was given every thing he requested as the Miami Dolphins head coach but even today blames the medical staff because the Dolphins didn’t sign Brees.

The fact is 30 other teams didn’t sign Brees either but their coaches didn’t lie about not taking another job and then take the job anyway.

To his credit, Saban was smart enough to leave for the minor leagues before he was fired. Because he just wasn’t good enough as an NFL head coach. Even though he was given more control over the entire organization at that time than any previous HC in NFL history who had previously had no NFL head coaching experience.

The best thing that ever happened to the Dolphins is Saban left to go back to the minor leagues. Like Meyer, he is more suited to deal with the young teenagers he can control with fear and not the players at the NFL level who are not afraid to speak up when they are treated like little boys.
Truth, it’s a b**** ain’t it lmfao.

So, to sum up
Saban
Brilliant college HC
Meh NFL HC
May not tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Meyer
Good College coach
Out of his depth NFL HC
Tells the truth as he sees it (unfortunately his team, staff and owner saw it differently)

Urban Meyer is the least of their problems in my opinion. They’re in trouble at quarterback.

That quarterback they just drafted #1 overall was the most overrated offensive prospect to be drafted in the 1st round in a decade - since Jonathan Baldwin came out of Pittsburgh.

But that’s probably only breaking news to all the people that only saw him play one game in college against Alabama - then anointed him the best QB prospect since the Sphinx was built. While simultaneously trashing Tua.

I do think Lawrence was way overhyped based on what I saw in college, but I don't think he's a problem either. I question his love for the game more than his skills.

Remember who has been coaching him this year.

Back
Top Bottom