Does Ross even F'ing Care!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Ross even F'ing Care!!!!!!

1.6 bil? IDK. DO YOU KNOW?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Why do you buy a business if its not to make money? do you own a business? Ierland should have been gone 2 years ago.

If he sells it for 1.6 billion dollars he loses money LOL

I'm sorry, but some people are just dumb.

What does this have to do with Ross? He's not the GM or coach. This is not his decision. He's given Philbin reins on the field & Ireland reins of the roster.

Talk about Dumb, what does this have to do with ross??? Look at the great teams in the league and you will find "Great" owners!!! Everything Is Ross's decision, EVERYTHING!!!!

First off, let me just say that I don't think Jeff Ireland should be retained in 2013, not unless the guys he drafted step up and play lights out ball, and not unless he has some magic rabbit he is about to pull out of his hat, and that rabbit's name is "Mike Wallace" and the hat comes with a very reasonable price tag.

But I don't buy into the Ross bashing. In fact, I am going to step up and be a Ross apologist here.

The man cares. He wants to win. You don't go make a fool out of yourself chasing Jim Harbaugh and Bill Cowher and then Jeff Fisher if you don't desperately want to restore some credibility to your team and win. He's trying to make the gameday experience better at the stadium. He's talking about moving in the seats closer to the action, which is good and indicates that he understands part of the ongoing problem with Dolphins football. He's not afraid to spend as much money as it takes to improve things. We are not talking about Mike Brown here. Trust me, compared to many owners in the NFL, Steve Ross is a damn blessing.

I mean really, look at what he stepped into. Look at what he inherited. He is, in the immortal words of Gary Stevens, presently trying to make chicken salad out of, well, you know. Do I like that Jeff Ireland was retained? No. But, I understand why Ross did it, what his logic was, and what he's hoping to accomplish. I respect that. He's made what I consider to be a mistake, but he is trying. Just like I won't bash Wayne Huizenga for trying and luring Nick Saban here, I can't and won't bash Steve Ross for giving Jeff Ireland a chance with a coach who isn't a buffoon before blowing up the personnel department.

My only complaint thus far with Ross is that when he failed to land Harbaugh, he decided to retain Sparano. That is another move that I understand and believe was very logical -- the situation was bad, there was the lockout looming, and the Dolphins had cap problems -- but he still needed to pull the trigger. Tony just sucks.

So you really think Ross is in this to make money? Do you understand how rich he is? The dude has more money than Jerry Jones...

Of course he cares, he hired football people to run the football operations. Let things play out. If things go as poorly as everyone thinks this year, than Ireland is most certainly out. Then Ross can lure a quality GM with TONS of cap space and draft picks going into next year.
Every business owner is in business to make money...that's the facts of business or their wouldn't be any businesses out there to begin with. However, to suggest Ross is in it only for the money...like Jeffrey Loria of the Marlins...is a bit unfair. Ross has done what he felt was best for the franchise and what he thought would bring fans to the stadium. Those ideas haven't worked and he's adjusted, he's learning and he deserves as much time to get it right as any player we draft. I think he's starting to get it myself and I like the fact that he's being patient with the front office he hired...although there is a thing as being too patient as well. He hasn't committed to Ireland long term and I think everyone should take note of that before you say he doesn't care. He doesn't pick the players like Jerry Jones, he doesn't tweet every move the team makes like Irsay (and I personally don't like that, some of you may), he doesn't threaten the city by saying he's going to move the team if they don't upgrade/build a new stadium like Irsay's father and Art Model (ripped the freakin heart out of Cleveland fans...that was just shameful especially when you have losing season after losing season and the fans still show up). Ross has been pouring money into the stadium trying to improve the fans experience, he's trying to put a winner on the field but obviously that's not happening fast enough for any of us...we're all frustrated, Ross included but I think he's trying to give Ireland a chance to either prove himself or give himself enough rope to hang himself with.

Let's see what happens after this year. Maybe we get lucky and hire a real GM from the Packers organization or Eagles organization that have more familiarity with the WCO and 4-3 defense cause I really don't think Ireland does.

Back
Top Bottom