Dolfans, please read... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolfans, please read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the whole point of this board to be able to vent and critique our Fins? I find your post a little sanctimonious, I too get tired of many of the threads on here, but I love this site, almost as much as I love the Fins. You have just as much right to vent about anything you want to, but you're being a little immature IMO if you expect all of us to suddenly have a shiny attitude.

Most of us on this board live and die with our Fins, and we have every right to question or criticize the team, their play, or the coaches moves, or lack thereof. Its called freedom of speech my friend, get used to it. I admire your support of our Fins, I find your attitude quite sad as it relates to your wholesale criticism of anyone who posts negatively about the team.

So I guess that makes me a bandwagoner, hate to advise you, I love the Fins just as much as anyone on this board, including you. Get over yourself, please.

Mcganiel said:
Sad time when we can't even get along with each other. Sad sad times.

You must not have been on the internet in 1996-99, right? Or how about 2002-2005?

I think that there is a good possibility that Miami may turn the corner this season as they did last year after we lost to Cleveland.

Only this year the upcomming curve is through New England.
Gotta like that!

johngarry said:
30-odd years (or more) of supporting a non-champion'll do that...and trust this; Pats fans did it too, and Jets fans (still), Bills fans, Saints fans, Chiefs, Raiders, etc., etc., etc....so allow us, if you will, to continue to do, that which has been and will always be done..BI**H!!...as fans,we have as much right to that, as we do when cheering.

This is the post of the day. It is our right, to complain. I mean, any Red Sox fan knew what we were talking about before 2004. Nobody threw rocks at them. Also think it's funny that most people who agree with OP have 200 posts or less.

Superself said:
I think that there is a good possibility that Miami may turn the corner this season as they did last year after we lost to Cleveland.

Only this year the upcomming curve is through New England.
Gotta like that!

If Miami wins in New England and Chicago, I will change my signature to "You Pollyanas were right and I am an idiot" and leave it that way for the rest of the season.

guido13 said:
He has a point. This is still a sport and this is these guys living. I'm sure it wouldn't be much appreciated if there were a forum of people bashing us about our work and how badly we were doing just because they took a class that had to do with our jobs (or slept at a holiday in last night). A lot more goes into a win, a lose, a hiring, and the decision making behind it than we can ever understand. We are driven by only what we can see (and television limits what we see tremendously) and what we hear (the media tells us how to think. We nevr are in on meeting, get the players true feeling etc.

That being said, by taking the careers they have chosen, the inherintly must accept outside opinions which can be ludicrious at times (unless your Manny Wright and just quit).

I think it is one thing to intelligently break down a situation and make judgements based upon the information available to us. But fans of any team seem to have kneejerk reactions and get very emotional about things which always screws up the situation.

I just wish more people were positive, and discussed things rationally and intelligently instead of harsh, rapid opinions like "culpepper sucks has always sucked and always will, or Saban needs to be fired"

Remember 5 games into last season, the majority of fans were calling for Linehans head (the very man we are now asking for), because until he moved on field and gelled with the players, his playcalling was suspect.

Or just SCREW YOU YOU SUCK

While what you say is correct, and many people's opinions are ill-informed, they are still entitled to them and (most importantly) doesn't make them any less of a fan, as the original poster implies.

I always love it when fans tell other fans they are too negative when the team is 1-3!!!!!

What are supposed to throw a ticker tape parade for our losing????

nuttie_buddie said:
good for u.....now would u like a gold metal or something

Yet another moronic post:shakeno: ......The Dude is just stating the fact that he supports his team, no matter what, and you make this patronizing remark...

phins4gish said:
im guessing that you are bitter and are hoping everyone else is with you.

Reality Check:

A victory is only as satisfiying as the difficulty it took to earn it. If everything was easy in the NFL then we wouldn't even care, like baseball. It is these moments that truely define our sport and make the NFL what it is. If you are bitter that we haven't won a Super Bowl in 33 years then you are a sad person. If you want to see bitterness, go be a fan of a team that has never even made it to the Super Bowl, let alone lose it. Just keep in mind how great the wins feel after the losses we are taking now. They will feel even more satisfying because we will know what we had to overcome to get there. Only then can you have true pride in what your team has accomplished, when it is an actual accomplishment.
I simply mean that those fans who are the most bitter are the ones that seem to feel the pain of losing the worst. I'm not into bashing any one player, but I will point out problems. My take is it is the o-line that is the biggest problem, and I'll come on here and post comments about it. But to call someone a "fairweather" fan just because they vent about how badly things are going is wrong. I'm a fan, plain and simple. I had high expectations about this season and I've seen them start to go down the tubes. I'm not as concerned about the win-loss record as I am the general play (or lack thereof). The team doesn't seem to be on the same page and are not playing as hard as they should on a consistent basis. I was very happy with their attitude and play when Jim Bates was the interim coach, but they surely didn't win many games. But they played HARD and TOUGH. I just disagree with the whole "fairweather" fans stuff. The most die-hard fans will be very critical of this team because they are hurt the most by the team's performance. Look at it this way, if you were coaching a guy (as a mentor or something like a qb coach), wouldn't you be in his face if he wasn't playing up to his potential? Would you call the coach or mentor a "fairweather" fan if he continously berated the player because of his not reaching his full potential. I think not. That's the way I look at the people who are venting on this forum. I'm not talking about the people that want us to lose out so we can get the best draft pick, I'm talking about those fans that are critical of the coaching staff play selection and player execution.

Rick 1966 said:
No. I am too old and set in my ways to change teams now. Besides, given my track record, whatever team I chose would likely sink into perpetual mediocrity for decades.
Become a Patsie fan right now, then!!!:wink:

SHEDDAWG DOLFAN said:
Yet another moronic post:shakeno: ......The Dude is just stating the fact that he supports his team, no matter what, and you make this patronizing remark...
I know what you mean, but the kid is just 17, if you look at it, all those posts are from kids like him. Just dont take it that bad

PhinGeneral said:
Why is it that so many fans cannot differentiate between supporting a team and levelling objective criticism??

That is exactly the point.

If a fan doesn't want to criticize a player - that's his or her choice. And, vice-versa.

Here is a simply question for those critical of other fans: If TO were a Dolphin and did here exactly what he did when he was in Philly last year, throwing the QB under the bus, while he were still on the team, would you chide fans for criticizing him?

Fans will differ as to what point they will begin to criticize a player or coach - and we can disagree about it - but that's what this board is for! One reason fans are critical (even though I think in some cases the criticism is misguided - but, that's my opinion), is that they see problems that are fundamental.

If they were "bandwagon" fans - there would be no criticism. They'd quit completely and they'd be on the Bears board. The fact that they are still here and still talking Dolphin football tells one that these fans really care about the team and want to see them be successful.

If everyone had the same thoughts on this board, with no criticism, there would be one comment and nothing else said but ...

:yeahthat:

signs.

Da 'Fins said:
That is exactly the point.

If a fan doesn't want to criticize a player - that's his or her choice. And, vice-versa.

Here is a simply question for those critical of other fans: If TO were a Dolphin and did here exactly what he did when he was in Philly last year, throwing the QB under the bus, while he were still on the team, would you chide fans for criticizing him?

Fans will differ as to what point they will begin to criticize a player or coach - and we can disagree about it - but that's what this board is for! One reason fans are critical (even though I think in some cases the criticism is misguided - but, that's my opinion), is that they see problems that are fundamental.

If they were "bandwagon" fans - there would be no criticism. They'd quit completely and they'd be on the Bears board. The fact that they are still here and still talking Dolphin football tells one that these fans really care about the team and want to see them be successful.

If everyone had the same thoughts on this board, with no criticism, there would be one comment and nothing else said but ...

:yeahthat:

^DITTO! Good post.

phinswin said:
AFTER 4 weeks im finally gonna vent....

In this board all i hear is negativity. Saban should be fired. RONNIE is a bust. Wheres Jason ALLEN. Culpepper sucks. O-Line sucks. Mularky sucks. WHats wrong with you guys. I mean who really is a DOLPHIN FAN!!! Please if your gonna complain that much Go ROOT for another team!!!! Cause you sure arent rooting for the dolphins. YES im also dissapointed on how the season is going but i would never degrade MY DOLPHINS!!! NEVER!!! IM Such a believer that i went out and bought me a Culpepper jersey ( ronnies next). I dont care who knows it but IM A DOLPHINS FAN!!! I will not give another football fan the pleasure of him seeing me give up on my team. I will defend them even if NEVER WIN ANOTHER GAME!!! I dont know but there is something about that DOLPHIN helmet that makes sundays worth while. Thats my take on things.

You know what makes me sick?....Players and Coaches that get paid MILLIONS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to play football and they don't perform!
That being said, I can vent and still be a fan! Fire Saban, killing Culpepper's first -born, cut Thomas and trade Taylor is a bunch of crap coming from DUMB fans! We are all guilty of buying into the hype of this team. Even Saban himself is guilty. Aging vets, a confused secondary, a clue-less O-Cord. , and a Qb that's not in a comfort zone, and a HORRIFIC Offensive line is killing this team. I will ALWAYS bleed aqua and orange but I am so dissapointed with this team! That being said....GO DOLPHINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom