Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 11 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 11

013 said:
no i got it burned fine and the raiders 01..the problem and i could use advice on this max, crunch and whoever...the video is fine, but there is NO sound. there is sound in the file when i play the file on my computer, but no sound on the dvd when played in computer drive OR set top...any thoughts?

As Ice said not all standalone players are the same and and are compatible to all formats.Thats the only explanation I have.I also had audio problems with one but I am sure it was my players fault now.

Try playing it on a different player.I bet it works.

09/21/86 -- at N.Y. Jets 51, Miami 45 (ot) (Marino/OBrien shootout)

Didnt we do this "marob"

I have it, if it is the same one. I have lost count at this point.

jaxdolfan said:
09/21/86 -- at N.Y. Jets 51, Miami 45 (ot) (Marino/OBrien shootout)

Didnt we do this "marob"

I have it, if it is the same one. I have lost count at this point.

We have it but the quality was bad so we didnt put it up.You helped me retrieve that one.Ditto with Bills game.

We also put up Marmoon which may have confused you.That one was marginal but OK.

If you want to know what we have done so far check the top thread post which I try to keep up to date.

Its tough to keep the future schedule up because it doesnt always depend on me.

013 said:
chuckling...
i have 2 diff panny players and a pioneer...same on all three...
i understand about that part, but what I don't understand is why it won't play in my computer dvd player with sound, when i am playing it with the same software i play the file from the hdd with..t

Thats different.I thought you did have audio on your PC player.Did you have the same prob opening the vob files with the videolan player ?

If you did may have had a faulty file or burn.Try with a diff burn prog.

013 said:
ok, yeah...the audio played fine from the file, but once burned to a dvd, both those from Powermax would not play sound from dvd at all...i use recordnowmax...i even did it twice and same thing.thanks..t

Just as I advised Tex I advise you to burn with Nero.Its tried and true and most of the bugs have been fixed..

I burn all the torrents onto a DVD+RW disc and play them on my Sony standalone player. I used Nero to burn them. I have yet to see any problems, other then the audio being very low.
There's just so many variables to these from the burning software, the media, the encoding, the dvd player, etc. I think its almost a pain. haha

Ice Storm,

I seen your sig, but i cant PM you because i dont have enough posts yet. im interested in the Dolphins Video. can you tell me about it, or should i just wait till i get 50 posts to PM you about it?

thanks

Dan13Marino said:
Ice Storm,

I seen your sig, but i cant PM you because i dont have enough posts yet. im interested in the Dolphins Video. can you tell me about it, or should i just wait till i get 50 posts to PM you about it?

thanks

You can PM him at the site.His site name is Ionic.

Hey Crunch, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Azureus released a new version of their BitTorrent application (version 2.3.0) that features an "embedded tracker" now. If I read and understood correctly, what this means is that you don't need a public/private tracker anymore to upload to, the person who is originally seeding the file becomes it's own tracker. You just create the .torrent file and pass it out to whoever you want to have access to it. Then it becomes self-sustaining as more leechers turn into seeders. If this works like I think it does, this might be a better way to implement things where only Finheaven users have access to all the stuff we share and won't be at the mercy of a functioning tracker with its potential downtimes and whatnot :)

Here's a link on their new feature...

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/faq.php#17

Medieval954 said:
Hey Crunch, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Azureus released a new version of their BitTorrent application (version 2.3.0) that features an "embedded tracker" now. If I read and understood correctly, what this means is that you don't need a public/private tracker anymore to upload to, the person who is originally seeding the file becomes it's own tracker. You just create the .torrent file and pass it out to whoever you want to have access to it. Then it becomes self-sustaining as more leechers turn into seeders. If this works like I think it does, this might be a better way to implement things where only Finheaven users have access to all the stuff we share and won't be at the mercy of a functioning tracker with its potential downtimes and whatnot :)

Here's a link on their new feature...

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/faq.php#17

One of the guys used that feature as well as the embedded encoding feature.
We had problems with it even though I cant remember what the problem with the tracker was.The encoder created a file wich was a nonstandard file that could not be converted and could only be seen on videolan.

Personally I dont like embedded features and bundled software.They always seem to be limited in scope.They even admit as such in the writeup you linked to.

It could be a good way to retrieve torrents from donators who have tapes that need to be edited and its worth exploring further.Thanks for the tip.All of these discussions are a learning experience.:)

We have several newbees who want to catch up on the active torrents .Some dont have seeds.So seeders please help out on these.

01Raiders0 0
clear.gif
12-12-88 Browns MNF38-31 0 0
clear.gif
73 Steelers8 4
clear.gif
86Rams0 0
clear.gif
91 Bears11 3
clear.gif
96Pats0 0
clear.gif
99broncos9 4
clear.gif
Marino's first start6 2

The first no is the no of seeders.The second is the no of leechers.

Back
Top Bottom