Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 12

We have the Fake Spike game if you want it.The Jets were so demoralized by that play they lost all of the rest of their seasons games and the following opener.Boomer talked about having nighmares about it.

CrunchTime said:
We have the Fake Spike game if you want it.The Jets were so demoralized by that play they lost all of the rest of their seasons games and the following opener.Boomer talked about having nighmares about it.
:D

RayMickensOwnsU said:
ahha, dolphins wins i can do without. i think it would be a great idea if we could somehow get representatives fans of every team to cap and make torrents of every game. i know it sounds far fetched, but how great would it be to have that "underground NFL game torrent" site? i'm sure the NFL wouldn't have a big problem with it, because we're just fans who are going through withdrawal during the offseason, not people are trying to sell fuzzy XVid's of nfl regular season games on the black market. i would love to have every Jets game downloaded, especially the home ones because since i am a season ticket holder i love to watch the game when i get home. those OTA's were a real tease, i don't know if i can make it to opening day especially with the mets getting ready for their annual collapse. either way, i think its great that you guys have a mini-torrent factory for dolphins games, i wish more jets fans were tech savvy enough to know how to capture these games, encode them to xvid or whatever and upload.

Go ask around on the Jets sites and see what you can find.

RayMickensOwnsU said:
i'm sure the NFL wouldn't have a big problem with it, because we're just fans who are going through withdrawal during the offseason, not people are trying to sell fuzzy XVid's of nfl regular season games on the black market.

au contraire, my (misguided jet fan) frere...I bet they would have a big problem with it. And I'm sure even now some of these games being swapped will find their way on to Ebay. Shoot, I used to sell some games there, & I've even seen my 'game descriptions" being used to sell copies of games I encoded...

CrunchTime said:
no thanks, i'll admit that i was actually at that game. it was one of the low points of my life, but at least pete carroll managed to land on his feet at USC and aaron glenn has had a hall-of-fame career. but it sent us into a tailspin that lasted until the tuna saved us. as far as asking around other jets sites, i'm a regular over at JetsInsider.com and i'm usually the guy that has to help everyone figure out how to forward ports and explain how torrents work, so you can forget about any of those guys knowing how to encode a game. and as far as the nfl having a prob with an underground torrent page, wasn't NFL films in the works with IBM to set up some sort of on-demand online system of viewing games throughout history? if so, why are they dragging their feet on the issue? it's obvious a huge market they could tap into, and i'd gladly pay a fee for unlimited access to archived games especially since i don't get the NFL network on cable. imagine downloading every jets game and every NFL films special? i would never leave the house again, except on gameday.

RayMickensOwnsU said:
imagine downloading every jets game and every NFL films special?

No thanks. I'll just stick to actually downloading Phins games.

RayMickensOwnsU said:
no thanks, i'll admit that i was actually at that game. it was one of the low points of my life, but at least pete carroll managed to land on his feet at USC and aaron glenn has had a hall-of-fame career. but it sent us into a tailspin that lasted until the tuna saved us. as far as asking around other jets sites, i'm a regular over at JetsInsider.com and i'm usually the guy that has to help everyone figure out how to forward ports and explain how torrents work, so you can forget about any of those guys knowing how to encode a game. and as far as the nfl having a prob with an underground torrent page, wasn't NFL films in the works with IBM to set up some sort of on-demand online system of viewing games throughout history? if so, why are they dragging their feet on the issue? it's obvious a huge market they could tap into, and i'd gladly pay a fee for unlimited access to archived games especially since i don't get the NFL network on cable. imagine downloading every jets game and every NFL films special? i would never leave the house again, except on gameday.

I am waiting for the NFL to offer live streaming of the games a la carte on the internet..That will be a huge untapped market.A lot our guys on the torrents have limited access or no access to NFL games.

CrunchTime said:
I am waiting for the NFL to offer live streaming of the games a la carte on the internet..That will be a huge untapped market.A lot our guys on the torrents have limited access or no access to NFL games.

I so would pay for that. I know that Baseball uses this with MLB TV and you can watch all the out of market baseball games on your computer for $80 (entire season). I bought this for my brother because he's a big fan of the Texas Rangers and he's moving to Miami next week.

Kenny_Stang said:
The only Dolphins game I've been to is the Thanksgiving game two years ago against the Cowboys. I was on a high for the whole weekend as well from that game, we totally dominated them on all facets. For the most part the fans were cool, and since we were beating them so bad by the fourth quarter all that was left was Dolphins' fans... they were even singing the Dolphins fight song! In Texas Stadium! :eek: I met Derrius Thompson's family (they live in the area) and they were pretty cool.

I want to go to a Dolphins game in Miami this year, my parents and my younger brother are moving down there May 9th, so I'll have an excuse to go and visit. I'd like to go to the Titans game at the end of the year, and I'm making plans for it already. I'm glad we have all these Classic games available, I've been a Dolphins fan all my life, but missed the majority of these games due to where I live.

I'm waiting for this game to come back around in the cycle. I didn't go because Thanksgiving was at my house and I couldn't spring for everyone's ticket to go, but it was most enjoyable. Far cry from the last Marino game at Texas Stadium. That one hurt, a lot. My friend still hasn't let me forget it.

sn9ke.eyes said:
I'm waiting for this game to come back around in the cycle. I didn't go because Thanksgiving was at my house and I couldn't spring for everyone's ticket to go, but it was most enjoyable. Far cry from the last Marino game at Texas Stadium. That one hurt, a lot. My friend still hasn't let me forget it.

I think you are the only one who has requested that one.Most requests are for the Bears 85 and Marino Spike game and Marino returns but we will see if we can fit it in.

BTW I just checked and I dont have that one as DATA .
Icestorm may have it as he has a large HD and has stored most of them .

About how large are the files?

Please forgive the newbie question. I'm very new to this, and before I start setting up my computer for sharing I want to make sure I can handle sharing more than a few games at a time before I need to move them from my HD to another form of storage.

josephreese said:
About how large are the files?

Please forgive the newbie question. I'm very new to this, and before I start setting up my computer for sharing I want to make sure I can handle sharing more than a few games at a time before I need to move them from my HD to another form of storage.

Typically 2.5 -4 Gig size.Some of us dont have large HD capacities but we resolve that problem by burning the files as data on DVD-RW and then copying back to the HD when they are needed.

Back
Top Bottom