FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
clear.gif
FH Member
clear.gif
12-21-98 Broncos W31-21MNF
at Pro Player in Miami.
Marino/Elway 2​
The torrent includes a great pregame show were Marino and Elway are compared and interviewed by another great QB from the 83 Class,Jim Kelly.​
Between them they have thrown for over 100,000 yards at this stage of their careers.Elway admits that Marino was a better QB early in their careers but that he had the SB rings.​
Lamar Thomas had the game of his life and is interviewed after the game.​
The Dolphins were later beaten by this same team in the playoffs which takes the luster somewhat out of this game.​
But this game is a must have for collectors as it features two of the greatest QBs
of all time both who are in the HOF now.​
The video and audio quality is average.The Lamar Thomas interview at the end is not complete.
Max Power
02 Dolphins 29 Bears 9
Dec 9, 2002 MNF game.​

Miami's domination was worthy of the '72 Dolphins, who were honored at halftime for achieving the NFL's only perfect season. The '02 Dolphins outgained Chicago 436 yards to 195 and forced four turnovers.​

Jay Fiedler went 15-for-29 for 196 yards in his first start since being hurt Oct. 13. Miami improved to 6-1 with Fiedler starting.​

Williams, who ran for a team-record 228 yards the week before in a loss at Buffalo, managed an impressive encore. He had 119 yards by halftime for his fourth 100-yard game in a row, and his eighth this season.​

"He's hard to tackle, and he made us look bad," Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher said. "He's at full speed when he gets the ball. He makes two moves while he's still in the backfield. He hits the crease, and he's gone."​

Williams scored on a 15-yard run in the second quarter, then sealed the victory in the third quarter on a simple counter up the middle. A block by tight end Randy McMichael sprung Williams into the secondary, and from there he outran the Bears for a 63-yard score and a 21-3 lead.​

Miami wore aqua jerseys with aqua pants for the first time in team history, and the uniforms were soon soaked, thanks to the kind of downpour more common at Florida Marlins games.​

The rain may have contributed to two fumbles the Dolphins lost inside the Chicago 15-yard line in the first half, but they still led 14-0 at halftime thanks to advantages of 17-2 in first downs and 293-37 in yards.​

For the Bears, the game ranked with the worst in a dismal season. Coach Dick Jauron started sore-armed Jim Miller at quarterback, tried Henry Burris in spot relief and turned to Chris Chandler in the second half, but none could get Chicago into the end zone until the final minute.​

And injuries continued to mount. Miller departed on a cart midway through the third period with a sprained left knee, and guard Chris Villarrial sat out the second half with back spasms.​

Paul Edinger kicked a 52-yard field goal for the Bears in the third quarter and Burris threw a 6-yard touchdown pass to Marty Booker.​

The Dolphins overcame two early turnovers. James McKnight lost a fumble at the 8 after making a catch, but Miller was intercepted by Brock Marion on the next play to set up Miami's first score. It came on a 5-yard touchdown pass from Fiedler to backup tight end Jay Weaver.Later, Williams fumbled at the end of an 18-yard run when hit by Urlacher, and the Bears' R.W. McQuarters recovered in the end zone.​

But the Miami defense kept getting the ball back, and the offense finally put together a long drive in the second quarter, marching 84 yards and scoring on Williams' 15-yard run.​
Writeup by Max

If you want to load this game you need to sign up at the site with your FH name and post on the Forum thread Crunch's Corner for the link.Those who are regulars have the link waiting for them in their PM.

The site is not associated with Finheaven nor does Finheaven approve of these torrents

Be sure to install a client (Program)before loading http://www.bittornado.com/
clear.gif

[Props To Celtkin]

SEEDING
To make these torrents work it is very important that you stay on seeding for at least 24 hrs after you have finished particularly if you have a high speed (BW) connection .

As a bare minimum you should upload at least as much BW you have downloaded.

clear.gif
-

Its not a good idea to load to many torrents at the same time as our total bandwidth would be spread too thinly in order to do a good job of seeding.
On our wish list are the following games (In no particular order);
01/14/73-- Dolphins 14 ,Redskins 7-Super Bowl VII - 4.01Gb. DONE
01/13/74-- Dolphins 24,Vikings 7 - Super Bowl VIII DONE
01/02/82 -- San Diego 41, at Miami 38 (ot) (the Epic in Miami) DONE
10/09/83 -- Buffalo 38, at Miami 35 (ot) (Marino comes off the bench)
10/16/83 -- Dolphins 32,N.Y.Jets 14 (Marino's first win) DONE
01/23/83 -- at Miami 14, N .Y. Jets 0 (Duhe!!) LOCATED
01/06/84 -- at Miami 45, Pittsburgh 28 (AFC Championship game) DONE
12/02/85 -- Dolphins 38 vs Bears 24 - (Fins protect unbeaten streak) DONE
xx/xx/85 -- Miami 24,Browns 21 Playoffs.LOCATED
09/21/86 -- at N.Y. Jets 51, Miami 45 (ot) (Marino/OBrien shootout)
11/24/91 -- Dolphins 16 Bears 13 (OT) (Clayton's miraculous catch) DONE
12/20/92 --Dolphins 19 Jets 17 (Carroll choke sign) LOCATED
09/04/94 -- at Miami 39, New England 35 (Marino returns) DONE
09/25/94 -- at Minnesota 38, Miami 35 (Marino/Moon shootout) DONE
11/27/94-- Dolphins 28 , Jets 24 (Fake Spike ) DONE
12/31/94 -- at Miami 27, Kansas City 17 (Marino/Montana/Playoffs)DONE
09/06/98 -- Miami 24, Indianapolis 15 (Manning’s first game) LOCATED
12/21/98 -- at Miami 31, Denver 21 (Marino/Elway II) DONE
11/07/99 -- at Miami 17, Tennessee 0 (Madison 3 INTs)
09/17/00 -- at Miami 19, Baltimore 6 (rain, Marino’s # is retired)
12/30/00 -- Miami 23,Indianapolis 17 (OT -Lamar Smith dominates)
09/23/01 -- at Miami 18, Oakland 15 (great finish... SI cover) DONE
09/24/02 -- Miami 30. N.Y.Jets 3 (Miami breaks 8 game losing streak)

So far we have shared
12/03/73-- at Dolphins 30,Steelers 26 MNF.
01/14/73-- Dolphins 14 ,Redskins 7-Super Bowl VII - 4.01Gb.
01/13/74-- Dolphins 24,Vikings 7 - Super Bowl VIII
01/02/82 -- San Diego 41, at Miami 38 (ot) (the Epic in Miami)
10/16/83 -- Dolphins 32,N.Y.Jets 14 (Marino's first win)
01/06/84-- Miami 45, Pittsburgh 28 (AFC Champ.) - 4.17 Gb
12/02/85 -- Dolphins 38 vs Bears 24 (Fins protect unbeaten streak)
12/02/85 -- Dolphins vs Bears encoded version
12/14/86 -- Dolphins 37,LA Rams 31 (OT)
12/12/88 -- Dolphins 38,Browns 31 MNF
11/24/91 -- Dolphins 16 Bears 13 (OT) (Clayton's miraculous catch)
11/25/93 -- Dolphins 16,Cowboys 14 (Leon Lett game)

09/04/94 -- at Miami 39, New England 35 (Marino returns)
09/25/94 -- at Minnesota 38, Miami 35 (Marino/Moon shootout)

12/31/94-- Miami 27, Kansas City 17 (Playoffs)4.26G
11/27/94-- Dolphins 28 , Jets 24 (Fake Spike )-3.86GB
11/27/94-- Dolphins vs Jets - Encoded version.
09/01/96-- Dolphins 24 Patriots 10 (Jimmy Johnsons first game as HC)
12/22/96 -- Dolphins 31 , N.Y. Jets 28 - 2.86GB
12/21/98 -- at Miami 31, Denver 21 (Marino/Elway II)
09/13/99 -- Dolphins 38,Broncos 31 (Brian Griese first start)
09/28/01-- Dolphins 18 Raiders 15 (Jay rushes for two TDs)
12/09/02-- Dolphins 29 ,Bears 9 (Ricky runs wild,Csonka honored)
11/27/03 -- Dolphins 40, Cowboys 21 - 3.78GB
12/20/04 -- Dolphins vs Pats - 1.34GB Encoded version

clear.gif

What is a torrent ? Basically it a file sharing system.The way it works is that a fellow member records the game,edits the commercial and uploads the game to a torrent site.

To download a copy of the game You need to first install a client (Program).Then you open the torrent file (A text file which gives instructions to your client) and it will start loading the video file on your HD.Here is a link to the client we recommend.

.A very good media player that will read most codecs or incomplete vob files is the Videolan player.Here is the link.http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The DVD size videos need special viewers such as WinDVD and PowerDVD.To watch the DVDfile on your PC just open the vob.files.

To burn a DVD try the following tips

They are already a playable DVD.
The structure of a 'DVD' is just 2 file folders, an AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS, with all of your .IFO, VOB, etc files being in the VIDEO_TS folder & the AUDIO_TS empty. When you select a "DVD Video" option with Nero or some other software all it does is create those 2 folders & arrange your files in the one.

If you re-create that structure on your PC, then you can burn straight to DVD with no problems with any software you normally use

For more info about torrent technology read the following FAQs.

http://dessent.net/btfaq/

For those with a technical background
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent

We request that you roll back through the thread if you have any questions.The information you seek may have already been answered.

No torrent can be successful without the participation of encoders(Those who capture the video, encode and upload the torrents),seeders (Those who stay on after they finish loading to help out other members who are trying to finish) and leechers (A misnomer as they are also sharing their BW as they are trying to finish). If you are interested please post on this thread.

The torrents usually start slowly and build up downloading BW (bandwidth speed) as those who finish stay on to seed for those who have not finished.If done properly it has an snowballing effect.

If you are experiencing slow download speeds or you suspect you have Firewall issues to overcome you may want to forward your ports.Try the following procedures.(Only for PC literates)
http://www.portforward.com/help/pfprogression.htm also
http://p2p.weblogsinc.com/entry/0401842428674831/ Remember when you forward your ports you also have to find the place in your client software that specifies the port range it uses and make sure that it matches the port range you specify in the port forwarding section of your router config

To upload a torrent you first have to make a torrent file.You can use a program called Maketorrent 2.1 for this purpose.Link http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent/maketorrent/index.phtml
Its a simple procedure.The most important information is the URL of the tracker you will be using.

This is the Ricky runs wild,Csonka honored torrent we referred to in Part 11

This is the first & only time I've seen the Dolphins play in Miami. I got to watch the game from a suite with the '72 team & then go down on the field for the halftime show.

I was actually standing and talking to Earl Morrall when Ricky ripped off his huge run. Earl may be old but he jumped up & pumped his fist in the air...Csonka & Griese didn't rub elbows with us, but all the rest of the guys present were cool and very approachable.

Dream night, really....

MaxPower said:
This is the first & only time I've seen the Dolphins play in Miami. I got to watch the game from a suite with the '72 team & then go down on the field for the halftime show.

I was actually standing and talking to Earl Morrall when Ricky ripped off his huge run. Earl may be old but he jumped up & pumped his fist in the air...Csonka & Griese didn't rub elbows with us, but all the rest of the guys present were cool and very approachable.

Dream night, really....

Wow. That must have been amazing :o

I'm loading this one, and still seeding:
73 Steelers
01 Raiders
91 Bears

I'll stay seeding those for a while longer in case someone needs to snatch them and hasn't done so yet. Currently not showing any peers.

MaxPower said:

Dream night, really....

Kewl.I thought I detected a touch of reality in your writeup.

People often forget that it was Morall who took the 72 team to the playoffs and not Griese.Very underated by fans IMO perhaps because he was unassuming and used those black high topped shoes and crewcut..

MaxPower said:

Dream night, really....

I have seen about 20 games in Miami.Although I watched most of the classics on TV I didnt attend any of them except for the playoff game against the Browns which will be uploaded as the second torrent after this one.

I have a strong suspicion that most of our torrenters have not seen many games in person because they live away from Florida.

I exclude Dude of course and awing pilot who live close to the stadium.There may be others.

So now that I am not reporting the stats please indicate to us how many games you have actually attended and give us a story about them.That way we can keep the thread active and learn a lttle more about each other.

BTW regarding the stats can everyone see the top ten categorys?.

I went to a game at Oakland when I lived in California. The fans weren't as bad as many think. We ended up losing that game, I think it was 21-7. It sucks because I don't think we've lost to them since then except for the playoff game. We sat midfield about 17 rows from the players. The seating isn't as good as you think it would be, except I got to shake hands with Marino as he walked to the locker room. I'll never forget the guy sitting a few rows behind us yelling "MARINO SUCKS!!!".

I've also gone to the game here against the Panthers a few years ago. That was a fun game to go to. We sat in the upper deck at midfield, we could see everything. I liked sitting up there then further down low. We beat them 13-9. I was wearing my orange reversible Phins jacket to this game and I was called a pumpkin. I wish I could have seen the guy who called me that after the game. I was living with my grandparents in Fayetteville at the time since we had just moved from California. We were looking for a house in Charlotte. My dad was living with his brother here in Charlotte so he could work. I got a ride to the game from the neighbors of my grandparents who are HUGE panthers fans. My dad told them I was going to ride back to Fayetteville with him. They said "What? They don't want to ride back with the winners?" My dad was like, no he doesn't want to ride back with the losers. :lol:

We're making plans to go down to Miami this season, probably to see them against the Panthers.

byroan said:
I went to a game at Oakland when I lived in California. The fans weren't as bad as many think. We ended up losing that game, I think it was 21-7. It sucks because I don't think we've lost to them since then except for the playoff game. We sat midfield about 17 rows from the players. The seating isn't as good as you think it would be, except I got to shake hands with Marino as he walked to the locker room. I'll never forget the guy sitting a few rows behind us yelling "MARINO SUCKS!!!".

I've also gone to the game here against the Panthers a few years ago. That was a fun game to go to. We sat in the upper deck at midfield, we could see everything. I liked sitting up there then further down low. We beat them 13-9. I was wearing my orange reversible Phins jacket to this game and I was called a pumpkin. I wish I could have seen the guy who called me that after the game. I was living with my grandparents in Fayetteville at the time since we had just moved from California. We were looking for a house in Charlotte. My dad was living with his brother here in Charlotte so he could work. I got a ride to the game from the neighbors of my grandparents who are HUGE panthers fans. My dad told them I was going to ride back to Fayetteville with him. They said "What? They don't want to ride back with the winners?" My dad was like, no he doesn't want to ride back with the losers. :lol:

We're making plans to go down to Miami this season, probably to see them against the Panthers.

Interesting.Imagine being a finfan in Jet,Bill ,Pats and Eagles land.

BTW you are the main lead seed right now on the 02 Bears game.Max had to go.:tongue:.You could probably try the superseed mode on your client.

The only Dolphins game I've been to is the Thanksgiving game two years ago against the Cowboys. I was on a high for the whole weekend as well from that game, we totally dominated them on all facets. For the most part the fans were cool, and since we were beating them so bad by the fourth quarter all that was left was Dolphins' fans... they were even singing the Dolphins fight song! In Texas Stadium! :eek: I met Derrius Thompson's family (they live in the area) and they were pretty cool.

I want to go to a Dolphins game in Miami this year, my parents and my younger brother are moving down there May 9th, so I'll have an excuse to go and visit. I'd like to go to the Titans game at the end of the year, and I'm making plans for it already. I'm glad we have all these Classic games available, I've been a Dolphins fan all my life, but missed the majority of these games due to where I live.

CrunchTime said:
Kewl.I thought I detected a touch of reality in your writeup.

Actually, I copped it from the AP write-up. :D I missed most of the actual game 'cause I was collecting autographs & gorging on the very excellent catering...And it was raining like crraazzzy. The video of the game doesn't do it justice...

I had tix to the Chargers game in '03 that was moved because of the wild-fires. One of my business assoc. has a box & had given me a free ride.

That sucked.

Kenny_Stang said:
The only Dolphins game I've been to is the Thanksgiving game two years ago against the Cowboys. I was on a high for the whole weekend as well from that game, we totally dominated them on all facets. For the most part the fans were cool, and since we were beating them so bad by the fourth quarter all that was left was Dolphins' fans... they were even singing the Dolphins fight song! In Texas Stadium! :eek: I met Derrius Thompson's family (they live in the area) and they were pretty cool.

That was one of the first games we did on the Classic series.Did you load it ?

can anyone please send me a PM on where to find these active game torrents? im not lamo leecher, i'm not a noob, just a jets fan who's had trouble finding game torrents since loki torrent bit the dust.

RayMickensOwnsU said:
can anyone please send me a PM on where to find these active game torrents? im not lamo leecher, i'm not a noob, just a jets fan who's had trouble finding game torrents since loki torrent bit the dust.
you want dolphin games? thats all we do man. We have had only 2 jets games ever on here, and they were versus the dolphins and both were dolphin wins if i'm not mistaken.

There isn't an underground NFL game torrent site or anything. just a handful of us ripping our private VHS collections for other dolphin fans.

appreciate your honesty though...

ahha, dolphins wins i can do without. i think it would be a great idea if we could somehow get representatives fans of every team to cap and make torrents of every game. i know it sounds far fetched, but how great would it be to have that "underground NFL game torrent" site? i'm sure the NFL wouldn't have a big problem with it, because we're just fans who are going through withdrawal during the offseason, not people are trying to sell fuzzy XVid's of nfl regular season games on the black market. i would love to have every Jets game downloaded, especially the home ones because since i am a season ticket holder i love to watch the game when i get home. those OTA's were a real tease, i don't know if i can make it to opening day especially with the mets getting ready for their annual collapse. either way, i think its great that you guys have a mini-torrent factory for dolphins games, i wish more jets fans were tech savvy enough to know how to capture these games, encode them to xvid or whatever and upload.

Back
Top Bottom