Dolphin Fans...It's on | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Fans...It's on

WagonCircler said:
I don't care who you've signed. That makes no difference. Basically with your logic we should forget that the pats have won 3/4 super bowls, because we are all 0-0. Lame. Of course people base predictions on the previous years performance. Should we instead measure teams based on super homer predictions on internet message boards?

You are obviously too dense to get my point, so I am done.

Good night.

thre is a difference between being optimistic and being nuts....we just went 4-12 with almost the same core of players....yes we have ronnie but he is unproven....yes ricky is coming back but can he still play?....defnse is another year older...shay defensove backfield....bad QB situation.....new coachign system....to think we are going to the SB is just crazy...to think we will make the playoffs is a stretch,,,,you can be optimistic, but be realistic too

CirclingWagons said:
true or false: you are the worst team in the East until proven otherwise.

It's rather simple you see.

I thought the season started out with everyone at 0-0.
It's rather simple you see.
Until we play you guys I don't think either side has room for trash talk.
See you guys this season and may the best team win.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
Why do I keep hearing about "In a few years we can contend?" You all must be out of your mind!! And what is all this "Dolphin Homer" crap I've been reading? If you are optimistic about the upcoming season you are a "Homer?" Just hearing that word makes me cringe.
The Fins actually have one of the most talented rosters in their history. Doesn't anybody see that? This team is way more talented then the 2004 squad that went 10-6. I know Coach Sabin isn't planning on phoning in this season, damn the guy has won everywhere he has been. If we could beat the Pat's with the sorry coaching we had last year, we can surely do it again. The Jets have more question marks than we do and the Bills just plain suck and will have a rookie starting at QB who looked like the classic choker (White Kordell) at the Senior Bowl, while P. Rivers shined. I really don't think that there will be a lot of pressure for the fins like in past years with the high expectations and Sabin will get all he can out of them. Think about it, a young offensive line that will feature R. Williams, R. Brown, C. Chambers, M. Booker, D. Boston & R. McMichael. You can talk about one bad season all you want but when you line up against the Dolphins....you had better be ready.

I don't think Saban went in and won his first year in a new league though. Not his fault, it just takes time to adjust (players have to adjust to any new coaches system). You are right about the talent. We do have some weaknesses, but every team does, and a good coaching staff will minimize those.
One thing I think though. The Patriots would likely have beaten us last year if the game had more meaning to them. I think they had things pretty much sealed at that point. Were they already destined to go to Pittsburgh for the playoffs or was that still at stake? I guess it was but every team will have a let down and we benefitted from theirs.
Hey, we were better than most 4-12 teams, but we are not going to the SB...yet. Be patient and enjoy the improvement this year.
You are also right about our offense! I like the talent. But the O line needs work (Houck can do a lot, but another year with some added talent will help). An O line is one of the most important thing in football IMO.
Hoping I'm wrong.

I agree 100% we are a talented team our defense is pretty sound except for a few spots here and there our o-line wont be ranked 32 now that Hudson is here and plus our offense will bolster the likes of Ricky,Ronnie,Chambers,Booker,Boston, and McMike and I believe with all that talent Aj will do just fine. I have playoff expectations i can easily see us winning 10 games, remember wanny's 1st year we were 11-5 and won the division with a lot worse team and worse coaching then we have now.10 or 11 wins is very possible I dont know why i see lots of people selling us short we were better than a 4-12 team if we get a couple lucky bounces we could have easily been 7-9 or 8-8

CirclingWagons said:
I think the Bills will go 9-7 again and miss the playoffs(because Losman's a rookie). I don't have asinine playoff predictions or delusions of grandeur like some of the people on this board. All I ask for is some objective reasoning from time to time.
If you think the Jills will get 9 wins with Losman, you are deluded.

Wagon Circler said:
I don't care who you've signed. That makes no difference. Basically with your logic we should forget that the pats have won 3/4 super bowls, because we are all 0-0. Lame. Of course people base predictions on the previous years performance. Should we instead measure teams based on super homer predictions on internet message boards?

Of course signing and new player potential factor in, but the only concrete evidence in the previous years record.

We should forget that they won 3 superbowls. After the 2003 season did u think we would go 4-12 the next season? doubt it. Lots of things happen to teams during the offseason. After seeing what the pats have lost id put money on them not even making it to the afc championship.

I agree with dolphan north be patient and enjoy the improvements that Saban has madr this year. Guess what, this will not be the last... I give saban another draft or two to really get this team a SB contender. We still have some holes on defense as well as offense. Just trust in saban and give him time guys, I personally believe it will get worse before it gets better.

Another thing... Don't answer a Bills fan..when they post something just ignore it, I do and it works for me. The reason they are on here is that there team is going nowhere and the Dolphin off season is so much more interesting right now. Those guys see the writing on the wall and they are scared as hell.

Wagon Circler said:

Of course signing and new player potential factor in, but the only concrete evidence in the previous years record.
:confused: Of course signing and new player potential factored in, but the evidence of that is last year..What????

As you take the Pat's 3/4, you can also take the SD chargers 4-12 to predict. It's not an exact science, in sports nothing ever is. At this point all teams in the AFCE are 0-0 Period. At the end of last season Miami was dead last in this division. As the poster probably pointed out, the off season changes could or could not change the outcome this year, which is what we're dealing with as of today. So if someone wants to be optimistic, this is the time to be so..there's nothing at this point to stop any fan of any team from being bonkers about their team's chances. Right now even the Bill's can be very optimistic, there's nothing to say Loseman won't be better than Rothleberg (sp), nothing.

Generally I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm still concerned about our CB and Safety situations. I'm happy with our QB, RB's, WR's, TE's, and the potential of our OL. We lost 4 starters from last year's 8th ranked D, that's a lot, We're changing the D and O, that's another concern, instead of the O going into their 2nd year under a O, their starting all over. The D is getting a face lift in schemes and personnel. With both sides undergoing major changes, it tempers my optimism somewhat. If we were going into the 2nd year of these schemes, I'd be very optimistic. Having said that and looking at our team, I still think we can go 10-6. Hey, my first prediction, never done that before. :D

Oaklandraider said:
When teams undergo alot of bad seasons its ushually hard to get out of the slump there in for instance I dont see the 49rs making a run foe maybe 2-3 seasons or longer.

As a long time Miami fan I have seen a few bad seasons. We have historically rallied to the top half almost immediatly as opposed to the rest of the league. Most NFL teams quickly enter that horror house of losing and takes several years to correst coaching and personell problems. I have faith that we will not be the whooping post of the league for long. That faith is put in the coaching staff to evaluate the talent on the roster and prepare game plans which put us in a position to win.

All AFC East fans need to realize that the only serious correction to the Phin's roster was coaching. That is going to create the parity in the division as now all the AFC East teams maintain an above average coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom