Dolphins 4/24 On 3rd Down This Preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 4/24 On 3rd Down This Preseason

It certainly seems that way. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and wait to see any improvement in the next game. But I can't say I am too thrilled by what I have seen on the field.:(

I would love to discount the preseason being the reason they throw short of the sticks on 3rd down ... but that **** bleeds into the regular season every single year. At least pretend like getting the first down is the goal.

This is a dink and dunk offense, for sure. It could work as long as they pepper in a deep throw like once a quarter and the running game is working ... but I wouldn't call it high percentage or exciting.

Why does it seem like the same problems from last season are the same problems currently?

Too many 3rd and longs have been a problem ever since Philbin brought this style of offense to Miami, and Gase has continued it. An emphasis on the short pass combined with an easily-dominated o-line results in very few sustained drives.

It’s no wonder teams like Baltimore destroy Miami every year with the dink and dunk ineffective offense. 3rd and long and they just pin their ears back.

Is that for the first team offense or overall? I don't much stock on an overall number when we're trying to figure out Fales/Osweiler.

QBs are judged on 3rd down and 4th quarter to me and fair or not TH has been pretty cheap at both of those. Nothing to see here, just more of the same.

Looking like another long season.

When you throw screens, flares and short curls to the backs teams will figure it out sooner or later

When you throw screens, flares and short curls to the backs teams will figure it out sooner or later

hopefully that's when at some point in the season we bust them in the mouth with the deep pass, maybe we are just taking the 3-5 yard erception now just waiting on them to start creeping in, then bam that's when we bust in their face and go deep......HOPEFULLY! maybe in the 1st little play time the defense hasn't cheated in yet. it would work great if we would clean up penalties.

Back
Top Bottom