Dolphins added depth everywhere but RB... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins added depth everywhere but RB...

What teams have great RB depth anyway?

Jacksonville and New Orleans. Outside of that most teams either have a stud like Elliot, D.Johnson or Bell and aging vet's behind them or 3 nobodies.

We are sitting pretty with our returning trio with varying skill sets. There will certainly be ways to feature Ajayi and Drake at the same time and the jack of all trades master of none Damien Williams will continue to provide ST's help and always be ready to play at the drop of a dime on offense.

Frankly, I'd feel better if Drake didn't have a history of injuries. Love his talent, but staying on the field has been an issue. So far, Ajayi hasn't had any issues with the knee so that's not really a concern. Still, it's something to consider long-term.

Williams is pretty solid as the third guy.

Ryan Matthews is going to be available pretty soon. With Eagles signing LeGarrette Blount, Matthews is set to be cut.

Mathews won't be a Dolphin.

Very talented RB who is the poster boy for "what if he could stay healthy".

He'll go somewhere he can back up a legit starter and maybe only have to touch the ball 6-8 times a game to help insure he stays on the field for 16 weeks. He'd make sense for Dallas and Pittsburgh.

He'll go somewhere he can back up a legit starter and maybe only have to touch the ball 6-8 times a game to help insure he stays on the field for 16 weeks. He'd make sense for Dallas and Pittsburgh.

I doubt he signs with Miami , but he make more sense here than in Dallas. The Cowboys already have Elliott, McFadden and Morris. I think he would have a better shot at fighting for backup carries with Drake and Williams than McFadden and Morris.

I would keep an eye on Seattle. With Lacy, Rawls and Prosise, plus they drafted rookie Chris Carson. I could see them trading or releasing Alex Collins, who Miami had some interest in in the 2016 draft.

Last edited:
Jacksonville and New Orleans. Outside of that most teams either have a stud like Elliot, D.Johnson or Bell and aging vet's behind them or 3 nobodies.

We are sitting pretty with our returning trio with varying skill sets. There will certainly be ways to feature Ajayi and Drake at the same time and the jack of all trades master of none Damien Williams will continue to provide ST's help and always be ready to play at the drop of a dime on offense.

Yet those teams aren't the depth Gods across both sides of the ball. All teams, or most that aren't NE, have issues somewhere.

Yet those teams aren't the depth Gods across both sides of the ball. All teams, or most that aren't NE, have issues somewhere.

New England has plenty of depth issues themselves. They aren't the 90's cowboys.

They are a 6-10 team without Brady.

Yep the DT is certainly a depth area of concern. I was happy to see us use 2 picks at that position in the draft even though they were in the 5th and 6th rounds. I thought they were good value where we picked them to. Still if I am Gase I would have a plan B in my back pocket in free agency and he probably does.

Yep the DT is certainly a depth area of concern. I was happy to see us use 2 picks at that position in the draft even though they were in the 5th and 6th rounds. I thought they were good value where we picked them to. Still if I am Gase I would have a plan B in my back pocket in free agency and he probably does.

Not worried about DT..
I like both the kids we drafted.

Not worried about DT..
I like both the kids we drafted.
We both might like them that doesn't mean they are NFL material. Common mistake I see a lot on here is folks on this forum assume we will fill our holes through the draft which is just wrong. Maybe we can is the correct assumtion.

As I asked before....how many 5th and 6th round defensive tackles make a significant contribution in year 1?

As I asked before....how many 5th and 6th round defensive tackles make a significant contribution in year 1?

A good portion. According to the snap counts on profootballreference, over the past 2 years 6 of 10 DT/NT drafted in rounds 5 or 6 played at least 25% of their teams defensive snaps as rookies......which is about the same percentage as our 3rd DT played last year. 3 of those played 40% or more.

Back
Top Bottom