Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

What is it you don't buy into? A left handed QB's going to primarily turn to their left thus making the right side more often than not his blind side.

I understand the blind side. I just think it comes down to draft asset value relative to the ask.

In other words I think there’s a bunch more higher rated left tackle prospects than right. And a bunch of guys that I’m not sure what they are but they wouldn’t play left tackle for me which means for me at least projections (which is where I don’t like to go with top 20 picks...projection types)

like for instance I’m still not sure what becton and wills are at the next level but if they go in front of me great I don’t have to worry about it.

I understand the blind side. I just think it comes down to draft asset value relative to the ask.

In other words I think there’s a bunch more higher rated left tackle prospects than right. And a bunch of guys that I’m not sure what they are but they wouldn’t play left tackle for me which means for me at least projections (which is where I don’t like to go with top 20 picks...projection types)

like for instance I’m still not sure what becton and wills are at the next level but if they go in front of me great I don’t have to worry about it.
Got it. Yes, there are multiple LT's who could prosper at RT.

I'd value RTs a little differently than most teams at that point in the draft and take the best RT maybe earlier than he would've gone (if I'm not interested in signing Conklin to big money of course). If there are other avenues to handle it I'm fine with it, but I want Jesse Davis nowhere near the starting RT position of the Miami Dolphins if Tua is on the roster. Keep him at guard and upgrade.

davis is serviceable he’s most susceptible to speed off the edge cause he lacks the foot speed.

so the QBs gonna have to climb.

I’m fully aware. But I also expect him to be a likely starting option somewhere next year. If he’s my 4th or 5th best lineman I think that works. It’s when he’s top 2 that it’s like not good enough

Anyways I’m not just going in saying I’m gonna pluck a right tackle cause I have a left handed qb.

that’s just me. And the way I see the draft value setting up.

a Tristan wirfs could flip the script

Normal people, I agree. Some have already decided Miami WILL draft Tua regardless of injury concerns. That scares me.
I know people like that. Like standby on the stone cold crazy button and lets make sure he's healthy first mmmmmmkay?

I get the idea of moving picks to acquire more but eventually you need to make picks. So lets try to get some players, unless the goal is to have every 1st round pick in 2027

Why does every thread regarding the draft turn into a Tua Tago-Lova Love Fest?

Because our single biggest need as a team is QB and he’s the best one that’s going to be available to Miami? I don’t see the mystery.

Why does every thread regarding the draft turn into a Tua Tago-Lova Love Fest?
I mean I guess it's gotta just be nice to have such a clear consensus pick versus what it could be. Sure, some want him at X pick and others want him at Y.

Normal people, I agree. Some have already decided Miami WILL draft Tua regardless of injury concerns. That scares me.
Disaster. One of a few ways we could absolutely ruin this unique opportunity to get great again.

Good question. According to the OP, Miami is talking to teams (plural) and are "very active." That suggests to me more than one target. To be fair, this whole thread isn't about Tua.
I understand and agree. But there is a Super Tua thread for all things Tua. This thread was suppose to be about what Miami has been doing in terms of potential movement in the draft. But it's turned into Tua.

Back
Top Bottom