Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

I don’t care if the Dolphins draft Tua even though I hope they don’t trade up to select him. I would have no problem if they drafted him at 5.

I just think that the Lions will be moving on from Stafford after the 2020 season because of his age and his recent back injury. The only reason they won’t trade him now is because of the cap hit they would take by trading him now.

The Lions are a bad team with or without Stafford. By drafting Tua they will have their QB of the future and he can sit out next year while his hip fully recovers and take over as the Lions QB in 2021. If the Dolphins recognize that Tua in a once in a lifetime QB prospect. Why would anyone assume the Lions don’t see that same thing in Tua and they decide to build for the future with Tua as their QB?

The reality is there is no player better at 3 for the future of the Lions than a healthy Tua. Just as there would be no better player for the Dolphins at 5 than a healthy Tua. I just think the Dolphins are going to have to trade up to 2 if they want to draft Tua and I think it will cost them all of their first round draft picks to move from 5 to 2.

If not for his injury history I would have no issue with the Dolphins trading three first round picks for Tua but I would be very wary of giving up those picks simply because of the serious hip injury he suffered.
Ah Stafford really isn't that old and before his injury he was having a good season so I don't believe for a minute that they're getting rid of him. It's just teams posturing before the draft obviously

I don't know how you keep missing the self preservation angle here. The guy making the pick isn't doing it for the charity of the organization for when he gets fired next year. The team was 3-4-1 with Stafford and then lost every single game the rest of the season without him. I can assure you that he's going to try and make picks to help him keep his 7 figure job.
Im sure he wants to keep his job but even if he gets fired he still gets the 7 figure salary

Ah Stafford really isn't that old and before his injury he was having a good season so I don't believe for a minute that they're getting rid of him. It's just teams posturing before the draft obviously

He's getting there at age 32. I figure he has 4 maybe 5 years left. Maybe 2 or 3 before he starts showing signs of decline, not all qbs can play til age 40 like Brady.

He's getting there at age 32. I figure he has 4 maybe 5 years left. Maybe 2 or 3 before he starts showing signs of decline, not all qbs can play til age 40 like Brady.
You mean not all QB's are protected by the league like Brady is but in all honesty I don't see them drafting a QB in the first round but if they do then they do

The Redskins traded 3 first round picks and a second round pick which was the first pick in the second round to trade up from 12 to 2 to draft RG3 in 2012. Since the Tua crowd think that he is the second coming, I have no idea why they would think that the Lions wouldn’t want at least 3 first round picks to trade out of the 3 position. It will likely cost 2 #1’s this year and a number 1 in 2021 for the Lions to trade with the Dolphins If they decide they would rather have the picks instead of drafting Tua themselves.
Why have you chosen to use this trade for comparison rather than a more recent and more relevant trade, for example when the Jets traded up for Darnold a couple of years ago? A trade moving from 6 to 3 two years ago is going to be a better indicator than a trade to move up ten spots eight years ago.

I don't know how you keep missing the self preservation angle here. The guy making the pick isn't doing it for the charity of the organization for when he gets fired next year. The team was 3-4-1 with Stafford and then lost every single game the rest of the season without him. I can assure you that he's going to try and make picks to help him keep his 7 figure job.

dumb analysis.you have no clue as to what Lions ownership is thinking. For all we know he told current management to get another QB and Patricia‘s job is not at stake . I gotta facepalm some of the of things you come up with. Laughable
Speculation is fine, but you’re not an insider
7C60896C-F34C-4BF0-B801-7300EC6F63B8.jpeg

Do NOT trade up for Tua. Take him if he's there at 5 but for the love of God don't trade all of our top picks to get him. If he's gone at 5 then take whatever qb we like the best there and then draft a second one in the 3rd or 4th round.

The Redskins traded 3 first round picks and a second round pick which was the first pick in the second round to trade up from 12 to 2 to draft RG3 in 2012. Since the Tua crowd think that he is the second coming, I have no idea why they would think that the Lions wouldn’t want at least 3 first round picks to trade out of the 3 position. It will likely cost 2 #1’s this year and a number 1 in 2021 for the Lions to trade with the Dolphins If they decide they would rather have the picks instead of drafting Tua themselves.
There’s not many quarterback needy teams that have that much capital to move up like that

All the signs are pointing that way. Tua is certainly acting like he’s going to be a Dolphin as well. A lot can happen between now and then, but that’s where I’d be most comfortable putting my prediction in late February.

It is late February!

Think we move up to 2 or 3 before the draft, then we move down from 18 (unless a guy like Thomas or Becton are available) to recoup the picks.

Interesting position to take. Could you give an estimate as to the position we move up to and the position(s) ew move down to?

It would give me some idea of what the total effect of this situation could be.

Lets get real. Lions aren't picking Tua because they have to win now and they need DB/DL to do that. Lions and Dolphins coaches are both ex Patriots guys trying to make it as head coaches. The Lions might love to have Young but they have to know they can't have him even at 3. That leaves Okudah as a top target but he could be the Giants target as well. If we reason that they could get Brown @ 5 and the 2nd/3rd best CB @ 39......and if they make the deal BEFORE Tua's medicals come out.....they stand to gain now but could lose all leverage if Tua's medicals don't pan out. It would be a bit of a gamble for both teams but we would be offering "fair value".

It works for both teams. It helps both teams. Both teams are taking a degree of gamble...Tua might not have great medicals and/or look so good at his pro day and Lions might get better value come the draft. But there is a lot to be said for locking it in now, building future relationships, and having a "bird in the hand". It lets the Dolphins get their QB and lets the Lions add two "difference makers" on defense.

I'd think long and hard about it if I was Patrica.

dumb analysis.you have no clue as to what Lions ownership is thinking. For all we know he told current management to get another QB and Patricia‘s job is not at stake . I gotta facepalm some of the of things you come up with. Laughable
Speculation is fine, but you’re not an insider
View attachment 38511

Back
Top Bottom