Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

If I’m giving up a ton of draft capital, I’m going up for Burrow. Not much more to say about it. I want a guy who commands the pocket like Burrow.

We have waited over 20 years trying to find a franchise QB. We now have more draft capital than any other NFL team. I would obviously prefer not to trade Draft picks away, but if our GM and the other experts fully believe that Tua is the guy then we spend the Draft picks to move up and do it without bitching. The past 20 years in the NFL wilderness should have taught us that you're not in the game unless you have a top QB.

no kidding....about your last sentence. QBs can be found all over the draft, Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Marino etc and those guys were healthy when chosen

Making no information....information ...reminds of that scene from forgetting Sarah marshall where she mimics his English accent ...bulshit bulshit bulshit...lol

Lol! straight from the owners mouth...

LOL. I still don’t see anything in quotes where he’s telling his management what to draft in this upcoming draft or that Patricia will be fired . Speculation at best LOL LOL LOL

So if we had the 3rd overall pick instead of the 5th, it wouldn't be worth taking Tua at 3 and we should instead trade down because the opportunity cost of the extra picks we'd gain would be more worth it?

This logic makes zero sense.
What he is trying to say is....just picking Tua at 5 is a risk with the injuries ..your doubling down on the risk by giving up draft pick to move up 2 spots.

What he is trying to say is....just picking Tua at 5 is a risk with the injuries ..your doubling down on the risk by giving up draft pick to move up 2 spots.

You’re wasting your time dude, he just doesn’t get it. It’s been explained to him a number of ways and he can’t grasp the logic

I don’t believe Detroit is in the mix for TUA but I do believe they will trade down if possible but not out of the top 7 so Carolina and San Diego are the only real threats in my opinion.

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to that opinion. He was the top rated slot CB in the NFL based on 2018 stats. To me he has a larger upside than any defensive player the Dolphins have on their roster at this time and that includes Howard.

The Dolphins had the worst defense in the NFL last year and I certainly think that if Minkah and Flores could have worked out their differences, he would have been the best player on the defense in 2019.

Minkah was all pro last reason as a safety with the Steelers and the last I checked the Dolphins had zero defensive players on the all pro list. So to me, Minkah was easily the best defensive player on the Dolphins roster when he was traded.

Minkah is, and I can't emphasize this enough, a little bitch.

I don’t believe Detroit is in the mix for TUA but I do believe they will trade down if possible but not out of the top 7 so Carolina and San Diego are the only real threats in my opinion.
They are threats but I don’t know how serious. They will likely have to include a 2021 first rounder; Patricia and Quinn are more likely to be interested in picks this year and LA and Carolina are entering rebuilds and need their top picks next year. Teams that are on the verge and think they’re in their window give up future early picks, which they assume will be later in the round, teams entering rebuilds don’t figure to give up a prime early pick the following year.

I don't agree with this because draft picks are just that, most of them won't be playing for this team unless this year is the actual continuation of the rebuild, I would stay put at 5 and if Tua is there then choose him, if he's not then trade back to maybe number 10 and still choose a great Qb Jordan love if you want that style of QB

Back
Top Bottom