Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

Might as well prepare for the worst: a common story with teams with a lot of picks is they use (at least some of) them to trade up. I won't be mad until it actually happens, but it's a strong possibility.
No point in being mad.

All fans can do is hope for the best, no matter what the powers that be decide.
Plenty of time for hindsight anger after it all plays out.

Going to have to try better than that for damage control, my dude.

Damage control? Quite the opposite. The owner gave you drivel. How many times has ownership around this league made a statement and did the opposite. Miami alone has stated for years now we’re going to rebuild and did the opposite, same as the drivel lions ownership is giving. I don’t believe one word of it until it happens. I have a bridge for you too. no one tells the truth during the months leading up to the draft

Damage control? Quite the opposite. The owner gave you drivel. How many times has ownership around this league made a statement and did the opposite. Miami alone has stated for years now we’re going to rebuild and did the opposite, same as the drivel lions ownership is giving. I don’t believe one word of it until it happens. I have a bridge for you too. no one tells the truth during the months leading up to the draft
What planet have you been living on?

Perhaps you need to check your Tannebaum source. While he will receive his money for the two years remaining on his contract, he is no longer a Dolphin employee. It is very common for former employees
of football and other organizations to continue to be paid based on their signed contracts after they are let go by their employer. This is what happened to Tannebaum.

While it was first reported he was moved to another position in the organization. It was later reported that he no longer was associated with the Dolphins and that has been the case since early last year. Call it whatever you want but to me he was fired and he is no longer a Dolphin employes.

He was transferred to another company under Ross. I know this for a fact as I worked at the firm who did the paperwork. My post history as well as history breaking news from time to time (including the new uni + logo years ago) speaks for itself.

Where do you get your sources? Do tell. And why is it Ross not only publicly announced he was transferring (similarly to how he moved another former Dolphin executive to his drone division!) Tannebaum but also maintaining his salary.

what you were describing (common for
Former employees to continue to be paid) was... paying out a contract. A normal contract. Golden parachutes are all contractually agreed to. And yes quite a few of them exist, and yes, they’re part of the leverage for negotiations when negotiating a big job change like this, but alas...

he wasn’t fired. He was transferred. Ross paid a pretty penny for that to be a fact.

I 100% understand that point. I'm just saying that it has nothing to do with investing "more picks" and what people are really saying is just don't draft Tua at all, but don't realize it. It has nothing to do with where.

One could make the same exact argument and say that drafting him at 5 is too much of a risk when we could trade down to 8, draft him there, and pick up additional picks.

I'm fully aware that those who understand opportunity cost will know where I'm coming from and those who don't, won't. I'm fine with that.

For those who are not comfortable drafting Tua because of his medical history that's completely ok, but if someone is worth taking at 5 then they're worth taking at 3 regardless of the loss of picks since we're talking about a QB here, not a nickel corner.
You take the risk at 5 for a potential elite player but you don’t double down on the risk by giving up high draft picks.

I would stay at 5 and if Tua is there take him,if not. Trade down and take Eason who I believe has the highest upside

No point in being mad.

All fans can do is hope for the best, no matter what the powers that be decide.
Plenty of time for hindsight anger after it all plays out.

Nawh, some people enjoy living in the world of very little sun-light. Because that way you’ll never be disappointed in anything. You walk around in the dark.

I’m good. I’m a Fanatic” which means I’m always excited for my team. It feels good and intend to live there forever.

I thought I was the only one who thought Eason had great upside.

I like Eason, he has a very Drew Bledsoe type vibe. I think people quickly forgot that Bledsoe was a pretty good qb, but was quickly overshadowed by the early Brady years. I think Eason would best be suited to be surrounded with faster receivers who can beat man coverage and get a little extra cushion to begin with.

Commands the pocket? That is is your bottom line lol

Considering Burrow’s arm is plenty good, and his accuracy is plenty good, his command of the pocket is what sets him apart for me. We’ve watched enough quarterback play since Marino where command of the pocket, ability to feel pressure and move to avoid it, be under pressure while keeping eyes downfield, etc. was severely lacking.

His ability in the pocket against severe pressure was the best I’ve seen in a long time. Herbert has a better arm, but he doesn’t command the pocket like Burrow.

But feel free to go back to lol’ing.

Considering Burrow’s arm is plenty good, and his accuracy is plenty good, his command of the pocket is what sets him apart for me. We’ve watched enough quarterback play since Marino where command of the pocket, ability to feel pressure and move to avoid it, be under pressure while keeping eyes downfield, etc. was severely lacking.

His ability in the pocket against severe pressure was the best I’ve seen in a long time. Herbert has a better arm, but he doesn’t command the pocket like Burrow.

But feel free to go back to lol’ing.
Plenty good

Back
Top Bottom