Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

Mel Kiper agrees with me because he also has the Lions selecting Tua at 3 in his latest mock draft. I guess he was using his third eye for that pick too.

Kiper got five picks correct out of 32 in the first round last year; I'm not sure that's the eye you want to use. To be fair, one of those correct picks WAS Miami.

They should be proactive/aggressive and not just the draft.

it’s time to nut up

big next damn 7 days for Miami

Last edited:
Cool story. Can you give me the lotto numbers while you’re using that third eye of yours? Where have I herd that before?

Your obsession with me is cute. I hope you know the only time I even remember you exist is when you stalk me here.

If a player is worth picking at 5, he’s worth trading up for and taking at 3. The risk is the same.

No it's not, Locke. Come on. If the taking at 3 comes with a price, it is absolutely not.

If you're saying all things being equal, I agree. A player worth taking at 5 is worth taking just a few spots ahead.

The risk is not the same if you involve the trading of possibly 3 first round picks to move up 2 spots for a player coming off of major surgery. How can you possibly say the risk is the same?

No it's not, Locke. Come on. If the taking at 3 comes with a price, it is absolutely not.

If you're saying all things being equal, I agree. A player worth taking at 5 is worth taking just a few spots ahead.

The risk is not the same if you involve the trading of possibly 3 first round picks to move up 2 spots for a player coming off of major surgery. How can you possibly say the risk is the same?

Yes, it is. You may undervalue the QB position, but the rest of us do not. Where are you getting this 3 first round pick nonsense? Ignore hoops. He’s running around with his hair on fire over nothing.

So if we had the 3rd overall pick instead of the 5th, it wouldn't be worth taking Tua at 3 and we should instead trade down because the opportunity cost of the extra picks we'd gain would be more worth it?

This logic makes zero sense.

Yes, it is. You may undervalue the QB position, but the rest of us do not. Where are you getting this 3 first round pick nonsense? Ignore hoops. He’s running around with his hair on fire over nothing.
Nothing to do with @hoops. Your premise is flawed from the standpoint of logic, IMO.

Please, go ahead and explain the flaw.
By your manner of reasoning, there is no difference in spending 1 pick, or 10 picks. I realize I'm taking it to an extreme. Would you give up 10 picks? If not, then you have to admit that at some point, the risk becomes too much for the required investment.

Now it is just a matter of where the individual draws the line, and that is "opinion".

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Why throw accusations? I don't undervalue the QB. I undervalue the I Love You Tua zealots opinion because he was still going at 2 even while the surgery was taking place.

The zealots have lost all credibility. They won't even acknowledge a history of injuries. If that's where you stand, we can end this convo right now. I'm not debating blind ignorance.

By your manner of reasoning, there is no difference in spending 1 pick, or 10 picks. I realize I'm taking it to an extreme. Would you give up 10 picks? If not, then you have to admit that at some point, the risk becomes too much for the required investment.

Now it is just a matter of where the individual draws the line, and that is "opinion".

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I never said that. The assumption is fair value on the trade up. If you need to stretch your argument to ridiculous extremes, you’ve conceded your point isn’t that strong.

So if we had the 3rd overall pick instead of the 5th, it wouldn't be worth taking Tua at 3 and we should instead trade down because the opportunity cost of the extra picks we'd gain would be more worth it?

This logic makes zero sense.

The above logic makes zero sense. The taking at Tua at 3 doesn't cost you a draft in trade.

People will just spout anything out their a$$ regarding Tua. If you're a zealot. See my prior post.

The reasonable mind can entertain 2 opposing thoughts at the same time and still have the ability to function.

Having the zealots even consider the opposing thought on Tua makes them start poking away at the key board like chimps trying to figure out a CPU.

Back
Top Bottom