Dolphins and Jeno James working out deal / VERY CLOSE!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Jeno James working out deal / VERY CLOSE!!

If we get Jeno James he's going to blow some holes open for Ricky's A-gap running. Not sure how his pass protection is but I've heard lots about his run blocking.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
James is NOT Damien Woody. He's decent though. But, I suspect they are working out the contract b/c they know they've LOST Woody to Detroit!

That's just pitiful, if you ask me.

I've heard nothing but GREAT thing about James. Kevin Donnelly (sp?) raved about him. Said he was one of those rare talents who will continue to improve well into his 30's (I believe he's 27).

With Woody's injury, I'd rather have Jeno if I had to choose......

F**k it.....let's just get both!! ;)

I hope he signs!!!!!
This is great news people.
He is a STUD run blocker. One of the best at pulling and sliding for traps and counters.
THIS MOVE HELPS RICKY A TON!!!!!
PLEEEEEASE SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting from Frank Coyle

Frank Coyle's free agent book lists Jeno James as the third guard available and a full 8 linemen ahead of Villereal.

6' 3"-310 His write up reads;

"Powerful young guard developed into an excellent starter in the Panthers Super Bowl runnerup season. He is a fine combination of strength and initial quickness, hits with force, gets movement and can get out on the linebackers very well. He played OT in college, but is a perfect fit at LG with the ability to trap, pull, and power block inline. He is one of the best pure guards available this year and with the retirement of Kevin Donnalley, the Panthers will be very desirous of resigning him. He is just hittting his prime."

On top of that he played for Tony Wise his first year at Carolina and by what few accounts I have read would like to pair up with him again.

I HEARD THAT TAIT IS HAVING DINNER WITH WANNY RIGHT NOW AND THAT KC WOULD NOT MATCH A GOOD OFFER (WHICH IS SURE TO COME NOW THAT WOODY IS GONE) -- I KNOW THIS IS PROABLY OLD NEWS BUT HEY FELT GOOD TO TYPE -- GOD I NEED A DRINK RIGHT NOW:drinker: :drinker:happydrin :happydrin

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
If we get Jeno James he's going to blow some holes open for Ricky's A-gap running. Not sure how his pass protection is but I've heard lots about his run blocking.

He was good enough as a pass blocker to play left tackle at Auburn as I recall. He is just considered too short for OT in the NFL at 6'3"

Re: Quoting from Frank Coyle

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
Frank Coyle's free agent book lists Jeno James as the third guard available and a full 8 linemen ahead of Villereal.

6' 3"-310 His write up reads;

"Powerful young guard developed into an excellent starter in the Panthers Super Bowl runnerup season. He is a fine combination of strength and initial quickness, hits with force, gets movement and can get out on the linebackers very well. He played OT in college, but is a perfect fit at LG with the ability to trap, pull, and power block inline. He is one of the best pure guards available this year and with the retirement of Kevin Donnalley, the Panthers will be very desirous of resigning him. He is just hittting his prime."

On top of that he played for Tony Wise his first year at Carolina and by what few accounts I have read would like to pair up with him again.

That sounds like an excellent appraisal of Jeno. Old Frank really knows his stuff. ESPN ought to put him on their draft show and sh!tcan Helmet Hair. They might think Frank isn't purty enuff tho :D

WOW I hope he signs..!!! Then we'll have AT LEAST 2 freakn people protecting one of the FeeFee's! :lol:

sign another guard and they have filled the middle of the line

WQAM UPDATE: DOLPHINS EXTREMELY CLOSE TO FINISHING THEIR DEAL WITH JENO JAMES! :WOOT:

Back
Top Bottom