Dolphins and Jeno James working out deal / VERY CLOSE!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Jeno James working out deal / VERY CLOSE!!

JUST IN......BIG O says he just learned that the Phins are "extremely close" to finishing the deal with James!!

:woot:

My w00t didn't work last time!

Restructured:

:woot:

Weren't we close with Woody? Then looked what happened

I hope Rick is doing some fancy taking

:jumper: :jumper: :jumper: :rocker: :rocker: :bandwagon :bandwagon :friday: :dance: :dance: :dance: :party: :party:

compared to the numbers Woody is supposedly going to demand in order to sign him, Jeno sounds fine to me. if they sign Jeno for those numbers is there any possibility of signing Tait to play tackle AND another guard of any significance? i know there are some other holes to fill.

Originally posted by CharlestonPhan
compared to the numbers Woody is supposedly going to demand in order to sign him, Jeno sounds fine to me. if they sign Jeno for those numbers is there any possibility of signing Tait to play tackle AND another guard of any significance? i know there are some other holes to fill.

I think so. That's what I'm hoping for. Damien Woody sounding more and more like an overly expensive "name" to me at this point.

Originally posted by RW342000
Weren't we close with Woody? Then looked what happened

I hope Rick is doing some fancy taking

We were never really close to "finalizing a deal" with Woody, which is where we stand with James right now. Phinzone.com titled the news terribly.

This is very good news. Don't count out Woody yet though cuz this could have a ripple effect. The Dolphins finish a deal with James and then Detroit thinks Miami is out of the picture...so they don't pony up with what Woody wants.

It will give the market time enough to calm down, take a step back, and realize they are about to give DAMIEN WOODY the most money an inside lineman has ever gotten paid. I know he's good, but he's not the best ever. He's not the best in the division he's not the best in the AFC and he certainly isn't the best in the NFL. He's really good, and he's young and thats excellent but he has problems staying in shape, he finished the season injured (remember Chester's slow start with us?) and he's had attitude problems before. Don't get me wrong he's better than James, definitely. But he's not the best unfranchised lineman out there...that distinction belongs to Tait.

I think the market will calm a bit on Damien Woody now, and that can only be good because then we dont have to overpay if we do get him.

Let me put it this way with the money Woody is demanding we could sign two solid guards like James for one, and either Kelvin Garmon or former second round pick Bobby Williams.

Here's a question. Do the Pats have a franchise tag? What about a transition tag? Is the franchise tag for guards a different value from the one for tackles? If its not I can understand why the Pats didnt franchise him but if it is different why are the Pats remaining sidelined during all this? They re-signed Russ Hochstein the guy who replaced Woody in the playoffs and super bowl, and immediately after the Super Bowl Woody went as far as saying he would take a lot less to stay in New England. Now New England's just sittin around. Makes ya wonder. Its not like they're in horrible cap shape and its not like they've got a bunch of studs on the offensive line.

Originally posted by Agua

I think so. That's what I'm hoping for. Damien Woody sounding more and more like an overly expensive "name" to me at this point.

It's true that Woody would be a good bit more expensive, but he's also proven to be a Pro Bowl calibre player. And, given what Todd Wade got ($10 M signing bonus), I think Woody's not that expensive.

Indeed, James comes cheaper - I had him pegged early on b/c of the # of times I watched him here in NC. But, he's still not the player that Woody has been. It's a tossup to me in terms of performance vs $$$.

Back
Top Bottom