Dolphins and Mathis have mutual interest. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Mathis have mutual interest.

Phi257

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This was said by Drew Rosenhaus (his agent) on sports xtra

I sure as hell hope so, Tannehills life and Philbins job probably depend on it

Sign him up. Make a run at 10 plus wins.

Truth is if you sign mathis and he gives you 16 games and you cant find a suitable right guard out of the now 5 candidates on the roster you as a hc and oline coach should get pink slips

Enough is enough

Rosenhaus on Mathis to #Dolphins: "There's mutual interest but we still have a long way to go. There are a lot of other interested teams."

Every team wants to upgrade. I can't imagine Mathis would object to accepting money from us if its the right amount.

Thsts an agent selling his client...my personal opinion is barring him signing elsewhere miami caves first

Mathis has all the leverage here in miamis case

Game of chicken and Drew is putting his foot on the pedal.

I really don't think Miami needs to overpay here but they need to get it done. Can't let your season slip because you want to take an extra 10 mil in cap space to carry over next year. Hickey, Philbin, etc can't save too many bullets.

I got that alert on my phone just a minute ago, about the mutual interest.

But it sounds like the same old **** and nothing has changed.

I don't see how a guard is worth two wins. Miami went 8-8 without him last year and signing him this year means two more wins? Pretty sure that late season collapse was mostly because of the defense.

Sign Mathis and let everyone else battle it out for the other guard job. Best man wins.

Yep and then you carry a couple or maybe 3 as depth if they can play right tackle...douglas and turner would be candidates for the tackle part

I don't see how a guard is worth two wins. Miami went 8-8 without him last year and signing him this year means two more wins? Pretty sure that late season collapse was mostly because of the defense.

Zach martin in dallas

The d is gonna have to do its part...but if suh stays healthy teams are gonna have to work for it

Yep and then you carry a couple or maybe 3 as depth if they can play right tackle...douglas and turner would be candidates for the tackle part

I am a Turner guy, but I am starting to like the idea you have had lately of looking at Turner as a OT. Maybe he simply fits there better and could be a valuable swing and depth guy as he devos.

Zach martin in dallas

Any other examples? Yep he's the sole reason they made the playoffs. I think he had more to do with giving Dallas a vaunted running game there for opening up the pass. Dallas still gave up 30+ sacks last season.

Back
Top Bottom