Dolphins And The ESPN Top FA Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins And The ESPN Top FA Rankings

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can they keep them all? All of these guys are important. Cannot let the offensive line fall apart either, for obvious reasons. Who do you prioritize? I wonder if to finesse it they franchise Wilkins, and sign Hunt and Williams and AVG? Given the current cap situation, the front office is going to have to let some guys go, and restructure some others. Ogbah seems like an easy one, then it starts to get a bit more complicated with guys like Armstead and Howard. They are both paid way too much for what they bring to the table, but Miami seemingly has nobody proven to replace them.

Wilkins #5 (after Madabuike, before Brian Burns)

Robert Hunt #14 (after Baker Mayfield, before Chase Young)

Connor Williams #43 (am shocked he is so low, must be the injury and I am not sure what timing on recovery is)

Note - Van Ginkel not in the top 50. I would make every effort to keep him. That guy is way under-rated. And we have the injuries on the edge. A lot of time someone's name is valued more than their actual production. You look at the full ESPN list there are a lot of players on it that are not as good as AVG.

Note - Chris Jones is #1 on the list (Jones, Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Madabuike and then Wilkins). Will be interesting if KC can keep Jones. Next year is the year, as currently structured, Mahomes cap hit goes from $37mm to $57mm. Will be interesting how KC finesses this issue. Seems like one more reason they better win the SB this year!

Last edited:
Can we keep any of them? We are 50 mil over the cap now with only 37 players signed for next year.

Can they keep them all? All of these guys are important. Cannot let the offensive line fall apart either, for obvious reasons. Who do you prioritize? I wonder if to finesse it they franchise Wilkins, and sign Hunt and Williams and AVG? Given the current cap situation, the front office is going to have to let some guys go, and restructure some others. Ogbah seems like an easy one, then it starts to get a bit more complicated with guys like Armstead and Howard. They are both paid way too much for what they bring to the table, but Miami seemingly has nobody proven to replace them.

Wilkins #5 (after Madabuike, before Brian Burns)

Robert Hunt #14 (after Baker Mayfield, before Chase Young)

Connor Williams #43 (am shocked he is so low, must be the injury and I am not sure what timing on recovery is)

Note - Van Ginkel not in the top 50. I would make every effort to keep him. That guy is way under-rated. And we have the injuries on the edge. A lot of time someone's name is valued more than their actual production. You look at the full ESPN list there are a lot of players on it that are not as good as AVG.

Note - Chris Jones is #1 on the list (Jones, Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Madabuike and then Wilkins). Will be interesting if KC can keep Jones. Next year is the year, as currently structured, Mahomes cap hit goes from $37mm to $57mm. Will be interesting how KC finesses this issue. Seems like one more reason they better win the SB this year!

If you are talking about keeping Wilkins, then he needs to make the impact of Chris Jones. If the answer is yes, then keep him. If the answer is no, let him go.

Can we keep any of them? We are 50 mil over the cap now with only 37 players signed for next year.
If we restructure Hill, Ramsey and Chubbs (all have big guaranteed salaries for next year that can be converted to bonuses), cut Howard (post 6/1) and Ogbah and extend Tua, should have some money to lock up all of them aside from Wilkins.

Mahomes has a huge guaranteed salary next year. They can just convert that to a bonus and spread it out as much as they want.

That's not how the league is going to view him. He's going to get paid very well.
He'll get paid, but let's be honest he is not upper-tier by any stretch of the imagination but a very solid piece. Top 10 edge?lb fa for sure. I love that Carolina inside lb Luvu. I'd rather have a beast inside lb than Wilkins, who I love but think we can similar prod elsewhere and cheaper

Van Ginkel is not in the Top 50 because he doesn't belong there, he's a good backup, with backup being the key word

Exactly! Notice ones he got the full time gig and teams got a chance to watch him on tape he practically disappeared!

I don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t come back to Miami on a reasonable contract.

I would prioritize Wilkins and Van Ginkel.

Obviously, would love to keep Hunt too. Now that Williams has had two ACL injuries, he's the one I'd look to replace.

Miami can't keep signing injury prone players.

Back
Top Bottom