Dolphins And The ESPN Top FA Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins And The ESPN Top FA Rankings

there is something fishy about the relationship between ross and grier. ross clearly has no problems firing anyone, except grier. i do not know what it is. have some theories, who knows. i partly wonder if grier has some dirt re the flores and tanking thing. maybe it is something else. i just don't get it.
my theory is that Ross wants to be PC and not fire a GM who happens to be a minority member. That's the only thing I can think of cause Grier has been a part of this team for over 20 years and yet this team hasn’t won one single playoff game......his duties have changed over the years but he's been here for over 20 years......coaches have changed, players have changed but we continue to lose and he's been the constant

my theory is that Ross wants to be PC and not fire a GM who happens to be a minority member. That's the only thing I can think of cause Grier has been a part of this team for over 20 years and yet this team hasn’t won one single playoff game......his duties have changed over the years but he's been here for over 20 years......coaches have changed, players have changed but we continue to lose and he's been the constant
Danny gonna let you in on a lil secret. Sit down because what I am about to tell you may shake you up. Ready?

Grier and Ross are lovers. 💋

there is something fishy about the relationship between ross and grier. ross clearly has no problems firing anyone, except grier. i do not know what it is. have some theories, who knows. i partly wonder if grier has some dirt re the flores and tanking thing. maybe it is something else. i just don't get it.

Disclaimer: I wanted him gone with Flores (maybe before? I can’t recall through all the years of crap)

Continuity is important. Ross is a business guy… you don’t clean house completely of things you think are positive/beneficial. He thinks Grier is a value add. By all accounts, Grier is humble, hardworking, open minded, a good communicator, etc etc… tou want guys like that in your organization.

Unfortunately, he’s just not ELITE in terms of finding talent or building a team. He’s not the worst and certainly far from the best. He’s above average at finding defensive talent and late round picks on defense. He’s above average in finding secondary guys as well. Above average at finding running backs for sure. He’s at the bottom of the barrel at identifying offensive line talent in the draft… and yet, smart enough to bring in Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen as senior advisors to help with this… smart and humble move… and we still are barely getting better at OL (Robert Hunt in the 2nd round is the first time Grier has drafted an OL outside of the 1st that is any good… an amazing stat when you see how many swings he’s taken). Bringing in Lamm, Wynn, K Smith, C Williams were all positives steps in OL building too.

The guy also has a character flaw in being bullish toward injury prone players… he sees it as a fluke or bad luck when the rest of the world sees it differently. He thinks he’s getting value but he’s getting exactly what he signed up for and the injuries pop up at the worst time.

We have a good team. We are not bad by any stretch. But after 5 years and a FULL RESET with “picks and money” he’s on his last stretch here if we don’t start getting better still. He’ll get another 1-2 years to get us some progress (we’ll need playoffs both years and at least one win) while navigating the cap properly to keep his job.

The reason he hasn’t been fired is because he is probably a very pleasant guy who has zero asshole in him… but as the general manager of the entire team, he lacks that high level wisdom that the very best have.

Maybe he just needs to go on a nice mushroom trip to open up his mind. I don’t know. But he needs to get over the hill here to save this team and his career here.

Disclaimer: I wanted him gone with Flores (maybe before? I can’t recall through all the years of crap)

Continuity is important. Ross is a business guy… you don’t clean house completely of things you think are positive/beneficial. He thinks Grier is a value add. By all accounts, Grier is humble, hardworking, open minded, a good communicator, etc etc… tou want guys like that in your organization.

Unfortunately, he’s just not ELITE in terms of finding talent or building a team. He’s not the worst and certainly far from the best. He’s above average at finding defensive talent and late round picks on defense. He’s above average in finding secondary guys as well. Above average at finding running backs for sure. He’s at the bottom of the barrel at identifying offensive line talent in the draft… and yet, smart enough to bring in Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen as senior advisors to help with this… smart and humble move… and we still are barely getting better at OL (Robert Hunt in the 2nd round is the first time Grier has drafted an OL outside of the 1st that is any good… an amazing stat when you see how many swings he’s taken). Bringing in Lamm, Wynn, K Smith, C Williams were all positives steps in OL building too.

The guy also has a character flaw in being bullish toward injury prone players… he sees it as a fluke or bad luck when the rest of the world sees it differently. He thinks he’s getting value but he’s getting exactly what he signed up for and the injuries pop up at the worst time.

We have a good team. We are not bad by any stretch. But after 5 years and a FULL RESET with “picks and money” he’s on his last stretch here if we don’t start getting better still. He’ll get another 1-2 years to get us some progress (we’ll need playoffs both years and at least one win) while navigating the cap properly to keep his job.

The reason he hasn’t been fired is because he is probably a very pleasant guy who has zero asshole in him… but as the general manager of the entire team, he lacks that high level wisdom that the very best have.

Maybe he just needs to go on a nice mushroom trip to open up his mind. I don’t know. But he needs to get over the hill here to save this team and his career here.
by all accounts he seems like a very nice person and it's hard not to root for him but like you said, he had the resources to build a much better team than what we have now.....we're 51mill over the cap, we have 29 free agents and only 6 picks........and from our last two drafts all we have to show for is Achane.....maybe Cam Smith will develop but that remains to be seen.

Sure we could be worse but comparing ourselves to the bottom teams should not be the standard.

I would be verrrrrry tempted to trade the Cheetah for multiple draft picks. This would help our salary cap issue and we can draft another WR to pair with Waddle. If trading the Cheetah would help us keep 3-4 free agents that we wouldn't have otherwise kept (Wilkins, Hunt, AVG, and maybe even Williams), then I'd trade cheetah and get another WR and OL in the draft.

by all accounts he seems like a very nice person and it's hard not to root for him but like you said, he had the resources to build a much better team than what we have now.....we're 51mill over the cap, we have 29 free agents and only 6 picks........and from our last two drafts all we have to show for is Achane.....maybe Cam Smith will develop but that remains to be seen.

Sure we could be worse but comparing ourselves to the bottom teams should not be the standard.
achane was clearly a mcdaniel pick too, so i don't even give grier credit for that one. cam smith was his guy!

I’m not certain this is accurate. He didn’t fire Gase until Gase flipped out on him like a psychopath. He didn’t fire Flores until Flores alienated half of the players and staff and wanted full control over Grier.

I would prioritize Wilkins and Van Ginkel.

Obviously, would love to keep Hunt too. Now that Williams has had two ACL injuries, he's the one I'd look to replace.

Miami can't keep signing injury prone players.
It's too bad we can't dump "injured" fans...

The fact that the Viking Van Ginkel is not on the list tells you all you need to know about these "lists".

Anyone who's seen him play week in & week out knows the relentless motor AVG brings to the table.
At last a touch of logic.

Best defensive player? C'mon now. He was drafted in 2019 and has a handful of good games in all those years. There is a reason only the Patriots offered him a contract last year
He was this season. He’s constantly making plays. This year he broke out because he got more playing time by moving inside.

I would be verrrrrry tempted to trade the Cheetah for multiple draft picks. This would help our salary cap issue and we can draft another WR to pair with Waddle. If trading the Cheetah would help us keep 3-4 free agents that we wouldn't have otherwise kept (Wilkins, Hunt, AVG, and maybe even Williams), then I'd trade cheetah and get another WR and OL in the draft.
Who is going to take on that salary and give multiple draft picks? Just impossible to fathom some GM dumb enough to do that

Last edited:
Excelled is not the word I would use for his entire playing time.

Ofocurse he made plays. But they’re are games he disappeared.
For example? Which games?

I'm interested. I would like to take a look at those specific games/circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom