Dolphins Aquisitions: What Are Your Greatest Hits And Misses? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Aquisitions: What Are Your Greatest Hits And Misses?

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
We beat up on the team a lot when they get a player wrong and so I was wondering if fans were willing to own up to hyping a guy or guys who turned out to be not so great. Also as a pat on the back, list a home run hit whether they are still with the team or not.

My greatest miss was Tannehill. I really just wanted him to work out. The injuries certainly contributed to his downfall. I still think he has something in the tank but have since realized it's time to move on.

Charles Harris was another disappointment that I was fooled into thinking he would be elite.

Well you did say "acquisitions" so I'm going to suggest the trade for Paul Warfield. We gained great value when we acquired the Hall of Famer, and the needed deep threat to open up the run game for Larry Csonka to completely dominate. Of course, they'd occasionally risk single-covering Warfield … and give up long gains.

Dion Jordan for biggest miss, for me. HATED that pick from the jump.

Biggest hit, that I didn't think would be a hit, was Dan Marino. Ya I know that's an easy "hit," but at the time I'm like, the dude's just gonna snort himself out of the league in 6 months...ya...ignernt.

Edit: I'll throw in a bonus...biggest offseason loss: Marco Colemen and Troy Vincent...still haven't gotten over that one.

Personally? None.

When I was a kid, you read what happened in the paper. None of this by-the-minute updates on your phone or ESPN. You read who who cut. You read who you signed. You read who you drafted.

In the paper.

This whole “everything you want to know right now” is still new to me.

But I appreciate it.

My biggest problem as a Dolphins fan is, allowing myself to be influenced into changing initial instincts about drafted players. Both Dion Jordan and Charles Harris are 2 of the biggest draft bust in recent team history. Both players were, players I thought Wouldn't be successful and they proved it. Jackie Shipp and Eric Kumerow were 2 others, who turned out to be huge bust. On the positive side; Irving Fryer and OJ McDuffie filled the void at WR, after the Mark's Brothers sailed into the sunset. They both came up huge for Marino and Shula during their respective time in Miami.

Most disappointing acquisition for me would be Bobby Humphrey. I was a big fan his first two years in Denver when ran for over a 1,000 yds each season. Holds out his third year until week 14. Miami trades Sammie Smith for him and he played well as the third down back, over 400 yds rushing (4.6 avg) and caught over 50 passes and 500 yds. Then he was just done.....finished with Miami and the NFL altogether. A penchant for Peruvian Marching Powder I think played a role, but I liked him as our third down back for that one season.

Last edited:
The greatest miss/wrong about for me would have to be David Boston. When we got him, I thought alright Boston, Chambers, are D maybe Ricky comes around hell of a team.. oof and all he ever really did after his knee injury was pop roids

Personally? None.

When I was a kid, you read what happened in the paper. None of this by-the-minute updates on your phone or ESPN. You read who who cut. You read who you signed. You read who you drafted.

In the paper.

This whole “everything you want to know right now” is still new to me.

But I appreciate it.

I’m not sure what this has to do with the question...

Anyways....

Biggest hit: Howard. I was super pumped to have drafted him, and he proved me right.

Biggest miss: Ted Ginn. As a Buckeye fan, I loved Ginn, and was ecstatic to have gotten him... not so much

Hits...the one player I did not want to draft in 2013 was Jordan...we drafted Jordan.

Misses...I would say Parker...I thought he had all the makings of being a poor mans AJ Green.

Marino has to be one of the biggest acquisitions right? Shula did some shady stuff behind the scenes?

Back
Top Bottom