Dolphins are better simply cause Ireland, Sherman, Daniel Thomas, Egnew are all gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are better simply cause Ireland, Sherman, Daniel Thomas, Egnew are all gone

Hickey has done a masterful job this off season. This team is deep at several positions, perhaps all except OL and S. Yet success still depends on 6 key Ireland acquisitions: Tannehill, Wallace, Wheeler, Ellerbee, Taylor and Davis. I guess Jordan can be included too. How many of these 7 players will be on the team next year?

I would have much preferred to also have read the name "Zach Taylor" included in the above list.

Lazor>Sherman all day and twice on Sunday. Yes the subtractions are big helps but this, in my mind , is where all the Fins spending the last few offseasons will be utilized.

Bill Lazor doesn't have even a single game under his belt as an NFL offensive coordinator. I think Mike Sherman did a poor job in many respects, but let's wait and see what Lazor does before we crown him here.

From what I saw in preseason, the Dolphins offense didn't execute with tempo and I think he called way too many ineffective screen passes. If you want to run a screen pass, you need good blocking. We don't really have the kind of guys you want for that either on the OL or in the receiving corps. None of our WRs are particularly good blockers. I heard that Landry was a good blocker in the running game, but I've been keying in on him and quite frankly, I don't think he's a very good blocker at all.

Now it's possible that we threw a lot of screen passes because we wanted to keep it vanilla and give our receivers a chance to actually catch a football from Seth Lobato, but the Eagles employ them heavily and I hope that Lazor doesn't think that we have the personnel to pull that off here -- because we don't. The fact remains that Bill Lazor has a lot to prove.

The disturbing part about Landry's penalty while blocking last week was how quickly and comfortably he defaulted to it. Didn't seem to bother him at all, like he's accustomed to not being in the proper blocking position or making much of an attempt to get there so he merely grabbed the guy around the waist as substitute for not doing anything at all. Ho hum.

Nice natural catcher but I think we need to be careful in assigning traits he doesn't have. On tonight's LSU/Wisconsin telecast the announcing crew specifically mentioned that Landry's understudy last year would have received considerable playing time if not for being hurt. It really frustrated the coaching staff. That receiver broke tackles and burst to the end zone for the winning score tonight.

30+ Ireland players on the team. got a ways to go people. RT the biggest Ireland pick of all...lets hope he fails!

30+ Ireland players on the team. got a ways to go people. RT the biggest Ireland pick of all...lets hope he fails!

Nah- Ill be good with the JI picks that work out. RT, Clay, Odrick, Vernon, etc etc are fine by me.

Dolphins are better simply cause Ireland, Sherman, Daniel Thomas, Egnew are a...

Bill Lazor doesn't have even a single game under his belt as an NFL offensive coordinator. I think Mike Sherman did a poor job in many respects, but let's wait and see what Lazor does before we crown him here.

From what I saw in preseason, the Dolphins offense didn't execute with tempo and I think he called way too many ineffective screen passes. If you want to run a screen pass, you need good blocking. We don't really have the kind of guys you want for that either on the OL or in the receiving corps. None of our WRs are particularly good blockers. I heard that Landry was a good blocker in the running game, but I've been keying in on him and quite frankly, I don't think he's a very good blocker at all.

Now it's possible that we threw a lot of screen passes because we wanted to keep it vanilla and give our receivers a chance to actually catch a football from Seth Lobato, but the Eagles employ them heavily and I hope that Lazor doesn't think that we have the personnel to pull that off here -- because we don't. The fact remains that Bill Lazor has a lot to prove.

I really do not need a single play from the regular season to know the answer. He is a significant upgrade over Sherman. The offense is creative, actually tries to create separation with scheme, and makes the defense think and react. It is a better offense.

Back
Top Bottom