Dolphins are hiring Butch Barry as new OL coach | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are hiring Butch Barry as new OL coach

so mike going flores route with picking his guys even if they don't have a good track record or history with coordinator? I was liking mike, but somethings make me worried he's not learning. Mike definitely needs to learn clock management next season too, can't have plays called in late next season

Mike McDaniel knows him from San Francisco and he clearly wants him. You can blame Grier but Butch is a McDaniel hire. He got the O-line coach he wanted. It should also be noted that McDaniel's absolute strength at the 49ers was getting the running game to work and they were very successful at it.
I don't understand the FH posters who are freaking out about this. McDaniel did a good job in his rookie season and has recruited the O-line coach he knows and expressly wanted because he sees the O-line improvement as a key to further success. GM Chris Grier's job was to support his Head Coach and get Butch Barry signed.
This

Sounds like a questionable hire to me. We have to trust McD and Grier.

Scroll up and read the tweets I posted. Perhaps actual facts might steer you better than speculation....
It's not a good sign when there are multiple reports of players saying the guy is not a good coach. It's hard to envision this guy being the best candidate we could have gotten. I dont care if he worked with McDaniel. And Denver was god awful last year so I'm gonna take any stats about them being good with a grain of salt.

I'm done giving this franchise the benefit of the doubt anymore. When I hear negative reports about things I'm done burying my head in the sand. Is it irrational, yes im aware im irrational but history has proven we dont ever get these things right. This franchise doesn't deserve the benifit of the doubt anymore. Decades of mediocrity, we havnt won a playoff game in over 20 years and the oline is a big part of why that's happened.

I dont like the hire, we could have and should have found someone better.

It's not a good sign when there are multiple reports of players saying the guy is not a good coach. It's hard to envision this guy being the best candidate we could have gotten. I dont care if he worked with McDaniel. And Denver was god awful last year so I'm gonna take any stats about them being good with a grain of salt.

I'm done giving this franchise the benefit of the doubt anymore. When I hear negative reports about things I'm done burying my head in the sand. Is it irrational, yes im aware im irrational but history has proven we dont ever get these things right. This franchise doesn't deserve the benifit of the doubt anymore. Decades of mediocrity, we havnt won a playoff game in over 20 years and the oline is a big part of why that's happened.

I dont like the hire, we could have and should have found someone better.
He's who we have. Perhaps wait and see how it goes before you spend the next 7 months complaining about it in advance?

Back
Top Bottom