Dolphins are hiring Butch Barry as new OL coach | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are hiring Butch Barry as new OL coach

So does that mean you like this hire?

I hate it and I'll stand by my bad take.
Like a normal person, I will save my judgements until I see how he performs on the field. I look at stats and performance not social media heresay.

It's the equivalent of calling a draft pick a bust before they even set foot on the field.

Like a normal person, I will save my judgements until I see how he performs on the field. I look at stats and performance not social media heresay.

It's the equivalent of calling a draft pick a bust before they even set foot on the field.

oh yeah, cause like me, im the smartest and best poster on this site. I thought Larry Shannon was going to be the "white Randy Moss" (my words at the time) , of course i wanted to draft the black randy moss, but we were dumbasses and traded down. But someone up there said "hey we can get Larry Shannon in the 3rd, he's going to be elite, **** Randy Moss" just wait and seesies

I like coaches that can coach up what's on their roster not complain and wait to get their guy in FA. Not sure if Mike's up to that. The unit played better this year under Apple than I thought they would as his record from college was not that impressive imo. Taking that into consideration and what 3 yards is putting out there then I am more optimistic. The news media is selling news not always facts keep that in mind too.

oh yeah, cause like me, im the smartest and best poster on this site. I thought Larry Shannon was going to be the "white Randy Moss" (my words at the time) , of course i wanted to draft the black randy moss, but we were dumbasses and traded down. But someone up there said "hey we can get Larry Shannon in the 3rd, he's going to be elite, **** Randy Moss" just wait and seesies
Then we had Cecil The Break Into Women's House And Masturbate In The Closet Diesel. Supposedly the next Emmitt. About the same time as we had the supposed next Michael Irving Yatil Green and his she-bitch the pitching mound.

That you are trying to take some kind of a victory lap that you were right that Russell Wilson has been overrated his whole career is hysterical 😂

First 9 years in the league he led the Seahawks to an 98-45-1 record, 11-5 average record over a 9 year period. The only season the Seahawks didn’t win at least 10 games in a season, they finished 9-7. He has 27, 4th quarter comebacks, 35 GWD in the regular season.

Still has a career 100.2 QB rating. Has 308 TD passes, 26 rushing TDs, and only 98 interceptions.

In the postseason has a 9-7 record, 4 - 4th quarter comebacks and 4 GWD. Won a Super Bowl and made it to another.

The Dolphins haven’t had an 11 win season since Wilson has been in the league, let alone win a playoff game. Miami would be lucky to have such an overrated QB on their team for a decade.
Only reason RW is even relevant in NFL history is because he rode Pete Carroll, Marshawn Lynch and one of the greatest defenses in NFL history's coattails to a single Superbowl win, a year in which they had the highest run to pass ratio in the NFL and he had to do absolutely nothing in the SB to win the game. He blew the other one and was only in that game due to a dropped onside kick against GB which nobody ever talks about, a game in which he had a 0.0 QBR in the first half but the defense bailed him out yet again. Great players don't play like dog **** in the playoffs over and over and over and over and over again (not that people like you give a **** until RT has ONE bad playoff game after making that franchise relevant). He will be exposed again this year, he was never a great QB like so many like you were fooled into believing. But but but he made it to the playoffs so often good for him! Richard Sherman knows what's up. It was because of Carroll and the defense. Russell Wilson is a fraud on and off the field, Geno Smith is a better QB than he is. Most of finheaven is clueless as usual. And I told you fools about Daniel Jones. He's never been great but never been as bad as most have said either just like Geno Smith. People just suck at evaluating QB's, just like with Ryan Tannehill who would have done just as well or better in Seattle if Carroll got his wish and RT fell to them in the draft as Peter King reported.

Last edited:
Only reason RW is even relevant is because he rode Pete Carroll, Marshawn Lynch and one of the greatest defenses in NFL history's coattails to a single Superbowl win, a year in which they had the highest run to pass ratio in the NFL and he had to do absolutely nothing in the SB to win the game. He blew the other one and was only in that game due to a dropped onside kick against GB which nobody ever talks about, a game in which he had a 0.0 QBR in the first half but the defense bailed him out yet again. Great players don't play like dog **** in the playoffs over and over and over and over and over again (not that people like you give a **** until RT has ONE bad playoff game). He will be exposed again this year, he was never a great QB like so many like you were fooled into believing. But but but he made it to the playoffs so often good for him! Richard Sherman knows what's up. It was because of Carroll and the defense. Russell Wilson is a fraud on and off the field, Geno Smith is a better QB than he is. Most of finheaven is clueless as usual. And I told you fools about Daniel Jones. He's never been great but never been as bad as most have said either just like Geno Smith. People just suck at evaluating QB's, just like with Ryan Tannehill who would have done just as well or better in Seattle if Carroll got his wish and RT fell to them in the draft as Peter King reported.

Wow I am impressed. Good work and like the fact you don't Cherry Coat it.

Wow I am impressed. Good work and like the fact you don't Cherry Coat it.
One other thing to add, people who actually study tape like Bucky Brooks saw this coming before last year started. Finheaven is like Joy Taylor and reads off the stat sheet :lol:

Last edited:
One more article on this guy. Not terribly incremental to what is out there already, but it gives me a launching point for another thought. In addition to skill, the other thing you get with a coach is credibility. It is important for players to buy in. When you hire a guy like Fangio, he has credibility, and you know players will buy in to what he is selling. In fact, they might be spending the offseason with even more motivation knowing they are getting a good coach. It is the opposite when you hire a clown. This what part of the mistake the Pats made last season with Patricia and Joe Judge as offensive coordinators. With zero experience in that regard, and having failed miserably as head coaches, they were done before it even started. The Pats offensive players did not take those guys seriously day 1. Will be the same problem with this clown McDaniel just hired to be the OL coach. The whole offensive line is probably already scratching their heads. They are all hearing these stories. This guy already is dead man walking. No chance. What is McDaniel thinking? What was McDaniel doing firing who we had, without a better option in hand? Munchack I could understand. This guy? No way! After all the years of struggling with the OL. All the draft capital and FA$ invested in the position. And a QB that is clearly made of glass, and we are going to do this? Absolutely idiotic. As optimistic as I was after the Fangio signing that the organization was finally starting to be smart, they turn around and do this, and I realize same old Dolphins.

https://bars.tl/3455744
God, reading these posts is like cleaning throw up off the floor. Just gagging as you go.

First of all, the article ranking Denver 16th and Miami 24th was written in August. BEFORE the season. Someone also said that Denver was 5th in rushing - that's simply not true.

Looking at a direct comparison for this season, based on the info available at nfl.com:

TeamRush ydsRush TDsYPCrush 1st down %Sacks
Denver21st28tht-16th21st32nd
Miami26tht-22ndt-18th20th10th

Frankly, I'd put all of these into the "Cons:" category. As a matter of fact, let me sum it up properly:

PROS:

- McD knows him, as former assistant OL coach in SF, that team was ranked top 10 in most rushing categories
- on that note, Barry is familiar with the system we're running
- Denver had good run block/pass block win rate statistics according to CK
- the overall poor performance of Denver's team this year can be attributed to a lot of things, Hackett for one, Wilson getting sacked for holding the ball too long, injuries on the OL, and more
- Barry was assistant to several very successful coaches with great OL performance in GB, SF, TB, and has plenty of assistant OL coaching experience

CONS:

- None of the numbers in the table above are good
- the reports from the locker room are even worse
- similar reports coming from the Canes job, and the performance wasn't convincing there either
- different team, different job, year after year for the 5th year in a row

I don't know about this one. The players here love McDaniel, who knows this guy. Maybe McD thinks Barry has good fundamentals and his communication skills can be improved. It's guessing game either way.

I'm not sure how this guy is a step up from Applebaum.
I would have given Apple 🍎 bomb 💣 another year before hiring this guy.

God, reading these posts is like cleaning throw up off the floor. Just gagging as you go.
tremendously insightful. i bet you were totally psyched about the fangio hire too, because he is experienced and has a demonstrated record of success.

I thought Denver OL was terrible last yr..they didn't give there QB no time pass...

Back
Top Bottom