Dolphins Are Interested In Josh Evans... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are Interested In Josh Evans...

If healthy DG deserves a bigger signing bonus than Sam Madison because he's a more important cog in the defense. Our two DTs are the most important positions on D, then our CBs, then our DEs, then our MLB, then our OLBs and finally our Safeties.

If its true I still can't believe that we gave him the mega-contract AFTER the 2000 season. He missed a bunch of time because of back injury and the injuries looked to be recurring. You don't give a guy like that an 11.5 million dollar signing bonus.

And I still maintain that Sam Adams contract that he signs at some point with whatever team will surprise you. Players that are available this late in the game just plain do NOT get contracts with first year cap figures in the range that you are talking about, unless the reason they are out here this late is because they just got cut recently (see Darnay Scott).

Sam Adams has been out there a while. There's something about the guy that teams are uncomfortable with, because otherwise teams snatch up good DTs like they do good LTs.

everyone wants Josh

Jets | Still Talking with Evans - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:56 PT: The Tennessean reports the New York Jets continue talks with free agent DT Josh Evans (Titans). The two sides spoke again on Tuesday.

Titans | Interested in Evans - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:56 PT: According to the Tennessean, the Tennessee Titans are interested in re-signing free agent DT Josh Evans.

Bills | Evans a Potential Target - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:56 PT: The Tennessean reports the Buffalo Bills have shown interest in free agent DT Josh Evans (Titans). They showed some initial interest last week but nothing has transpired since then.

you would think he is not one bong hit away from being permanently banned :rolleyes: then again forgiveness is a holy trait :)

Originally posted by ckparrothead
And I still maintain that Sam Adams contract that he signs at some point with whatever team will surprise you. Players that are available this late in the game just plain do NOT get contracts with first year cap figures in the range that you are talking about, unless the reason they are out here this late is because they just got cut recently (see Darnay Scott).

Sam Adams has been out there a while. There's something about the guy that teams are uncomfortable with, because otherwise teams snatch up good DTs like they do good LTs.

You need to keep up with the news a little better. He's going to sign a pretty decent contract with the Bengals in the coming weeks unless someone else steps up. He's also got pretty solid one year offers on the table from Denver and Oakland.

The reason he hasn't signed up till this point is simply money. He want's the serious cash and teams are a lot less willing to pony up the money these days. Adams is basically another Bowens. He doesn't make big plays but he clogs up the middle to allow more freedom for your linebackers.

Cincinatti would be a great fit for Adams as it's going to make Takeo Spikes that more deadly as a LB and could put him close to Zach numbers.

One year offers are never THAT solid and they almost NEVER break the 3 million dollar range, and are usually either the vet's minimum, or between 1 and 2 million. Adams is lucky the Bengals are stepping up to the plate with all the money they have because nobody else is thats for sure. But perhaps you should read the news. Adams isn't particularly interested in playing for the Bengals otherwise they would have signed him by now. What he wants is a 1 year contract out of them so that he can play there for a year, enter free agency next year at the very beginning when teams have money, and get himself a nice size payday.

Before the Bengals came along I bet you those 1 year offers were between $1 and $2 million dollars and my gut tells me closer to the $1 than the $2. And the Raiders and Broncos are still not out of the game either because Sam doesn't want to play for Cincinnati. With some creative cap structuring I'm still pretty sure the Dolphins could have Sam for a year if they released DG. They might have to do a minor restructuring job on someone else. Sam's wish to only take a one year contract is probably getting in the way however, because the Dolphins probably would not be comfortable with that. Thats where Evans may enter the picture.

Man I give up discussing things with you. So this will be my last response to you. Your way too far out in left field.

The fact remains that if the Ravens can rework either Boulware or Lewis's contracts he will resign with the Ravens for a $4 million signing bonus and an average of 3.5-4 million a year. That is an offer ON the table from the Ravens. That is something he was sitting back and seeing if it could get done.

The Raiders and Bronco's dropped in solid one year contract offers in the $1 million signing bonus range and a salary in the 1.5-2 million range. They did this in the eventuality that the Ravens couldn't work out Lewis' or Boulware's contracts which they haven't been able to.

Now Cincy has dropped into the picture and yes are serious about signing Adams and as long as they meet some financial demands Adams will sign there. I haven't seen anywhere that says he isn't interested in signing there. If he wasn't interested in playing there they wouldn't be discussing a contract and he wouldn't have visted there now would he?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1406468.html

There is no way the phins would even be in the ballpark to sign Adams. The phins have already stated the only contracts they can offer players are the minimum salary. So please as much as I would love to have Sam Adams there isn't a chance in hell of it happening.

Now that Cincy is in the hunt the rush is on to sign him again as Seattle just released Levon Kirkland to be able to get into the bidding for Adams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom